Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Code Geass

Unread 09-13-2008, 10:16 AM   #1
Chiisanahime

Code Geass Capes!

I'm making a Knight of Rounds cape from Code Geass.

Here are a couple examples of the "gold pattern" I have to apply to the cape : http://gerrymon.files.wordpress.com/...5/cgr20605.jpg

http://cdimg3.crunchyroll.com/i/spir...0abd0_full.jpg

I've bought a bunch of gold fabric because I really don't want to paint it. What's a good way to attatch the fabric to the cape without sewing it all down? Is there some special glue to do appliques?
Chiisanahime is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-13-2008, 09:14 PM   #2
SailorAnime
Random Wanderer

If you want to do appliques, you could use Heat'n'Bond. Unfortunately, I've never seen any Heat'n'Bond that big. You'd have to piece it together (though the gold part could remain solid). If you're cool with that, then go for it.
SailorAnime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2008, 05:02 AM   #3
ycysusan2001

you can just glue them on. If you have the gold in fabric I suggest heat and bond or just fabric glue. If you have pleader I suggest E6000~
Unread 09-14-2008, 10:23 AM   #4
DDR Faery Spice
not dead yet

While I know it can be a hassle to sew that much fabric down (oh boy, do I ever), it looks sooooo much better when it's finished with a stitch. Leaving all the raw edges visible makes it kinda messy-looking, something you definitely don't want! If you're using fabric that is prone to raveling/falling apart, like satin, I'd really highly suggest satin-stitching the edges. All the way around. It's tedious, but not hard, and it makes it look so neat. =D If you're lucky enough to have fabric that doesn't start shedding excessively after the first snip of the scissors, you might be able to get away with just gluing it down (Heat 'n Bond can start peeling away after a short amount of time, I don't trust it for anything on the outside like that), but make sure you take some FrayCheck to the edges first!

Which knight are you doing? =]

Someday I'll actually finish sewing more than a day before the con....someday.
DDR Faery Spice is offline   Reply With Quote