Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > San Diego Comic Con

Unread 07-12-2003, 04:05 PM   #1
SohjiroX
X marks the spot

Battle Royal anyone?

I am going to just do a simple outfit, nothing big unless asked to, in anycase, is there anyone willing ot join in on this one or not, I'm only going for one day I believe so, if anyone can that would be great.

Planned: All Planned for Sakura Con, Fanime, and AX of 09
Heinkel Wolfe - Hellsing Ultimate
Young Walter - Hellsing Dawn
Fox - Secret
Kyo - KOf 98-06
Steve - RECV
Soujiro Seta - Kenshin
Juji - Gun grave overdose
SohjiroX is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-12-2003, 05:17 PM   #2
Yuna
Nessa
A frakin' Mod

I would do BR at SDCC, but SDCC doesn't have a weapons policy x__x I'm now sure how all the guns and such would fly with them - they have mad hired security because of all the stars and such there.
Yuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2003, 08:25 PM   #3
SohjiroX
X marks the spot

hmm I'll look into that but if they are ok with peice bound and such, you in for it?
Unread 07-12-2003, 08:37 PM   #4
Yuna
Nessa
A frakin' Mod

I'm not sure. I don't cosplay much at SDCC cause I'm sorta staff @__@ But if people can agree on a day, I may bringher with me ^^()
Yuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2003, 11:19 PM   #5
L to the 3rd
aka Scrawny Squall

Posting under sis's account: but I don't think Will and I are gunna BR it at Comic Con sorry. :<
L to the 3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2003, 03:11 AM   #6
SohjiroX
X marks the spot

darn, ok well I hope to see it at animagic.
Unread 07-13-2003, 09:14 AM   #7
Sana-chan
I know, right?

I'm not doing any BR cosplay or anything, but I've dealt with Comic Con and weapons before so I'll try to be of some help. They've never had a problem with my Yuna rod, which is all wood and metal, and have never bothered to peace bond it. With my friends who carry swords, they usually tie a little thing around it to show that security has inspected it. One of my friends brought a fake gun he made and they didn't even check it @_@ which was.... weird lol, but I'm pretty sure that they'd just tie it as well. I've seen so many jedi and other random characters waltzing around with guns and not having any problems. Though if any of this has changed and the rules are different now, I do apologize. You could always ask someone at con about it ^_^.

Last edited by Sana-chan : 07-13-2003 at 05:21 PM.
Sana-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2003, 03:21 PM   #8
SohjiroX
X marks the spot

thanks, that helps alot, i will than bring the whole outfit, just have to find out if i can find more than a few that will do BR on the day i go.
Unread 07-15-2003, 12:47 PM   #9
AgentSakur9
Yatta Ze! *^_^*

Yeah Last Year I was walking around with a real sword, metal and all! Security saw me and all they did was send me to the security booth and have my sword checked in. They put a ribbon on it and secured it to the holster so I couldn't take the blade out (they did it poorly cuz I was able to pull it out somewhat. haa haha) I'd check with the security booth first before entering the exhibit hall. In all the four days I had my sword with me, I was only stopped the first day. After checking it, they had no problems (cuz the ribbon was on it.)

I hope this helps. Also if you have a fake gun, you can probably get around security if you have the Orange Part of the nozzle of the gun still painted uh... orange. I need grammar lessons.... Many times when I've done photo shoots with prop guns i've had the police come by and and look at the gun.. seeing the orange on it is a dead give away that It's fake. Heck I've had the cops pose with the model on occasion. ha haha.

But to be on the safer side, check in with the security guys. BTW BR is pretty brutal, OMG. I read book one last night... OMG...
Unread 07-15-2003, 04:28 PM   #10
L to the 3rd
aka Scrawny Squall

i got stopped for my cloud sword...and it was made from foam! i guess cuz it was big and shiny, hard to miss.
L to the 3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2003, 03:05 PM   #11
FlameSniperRei
LORD OF THE LOOP

tip: If you have a airsoft, or real sword, avoid the people in RED with the words "elite security" on their shirts.

Then you probably won't get stopped lol.
FlameSniperRei is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2004, 05:10 PM   #12
Hikaru_Ayanami
Hikaru_Ayanami

Br

so i guess no one doing BR? i would if others. will cuz the BR meet at AX was fun but thats cuz there was a big group. If no i be in my Luffy cospaly. also any one have BR pics from AX i have mine but i have not posted them yet. just want to see if any one eles took pics of the BR meet and if any one took pics from the 2nd floor cuz i think that was a cool pic to pose for.
Hikaru_Ayanami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2004, 03:41 AM   #13
piroko
the broken bokken

I just got plans with a group of friends, and now we are all going to Comic Con, yay! I've never cosplayed at a non-anime convention and I thought my BR costume would be appropriate.
So hopefully I'll get some fake blood (and I'll have my airsoft) and I'll be wandering around the dealer's hall on Saturday.
Unread 07-18-2004, 01:26 AM   #14
Hikaru_Ayanami
Hikaru_Ayanami

Quote:
Originally Posted by piroko
I just got plans with a group of friends, and now we are all going to Comic Con, yay! I've never cosplayed at a non-anime convention and I thought my BR costume would be appropriate.
So hopefully I'll get some fake blood (and I'll have my airsoft) and I'll be wandering around the dealer's hall on Saturday.

cool maybe i will see u there cuz i might do BR but i might do one piece. but i like meeting new people and stuff at cons. and this will be my 1st time back at comic-con i have not gone in 4 years. so im looking foward to it.
also FYI. my internet giveing me problems so i might make my post late but i will be suer to check before comic-con so i know if any BR people want to get to geater.
Hikaru_Ayanami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2004, 02:36 PM   #15
DragonCosplay
Edward with the Answers !

Where is the Battle royale gathering site for comi con

Quote:
Originally Posted by piroko

Where is the Battle Royale gathering site for Comic Con (July) in San Diego ?

Where is the Battle Royale gathering site for Dragonfest(Nov) in Glendale ?

DC
DragonCosplay is offline   Reply With Quote