Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > TV/Movie/Musical (live action)

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 47 votes, 4.98 average.
Unread 05-08-2013, 08:08 PM   #151
Nurikowolf

Just a lurker here, that is trying to get some advice :3

Anyone have any suggestions for a wig for Gabriel? I think I'm set with my Cas wig and costumes are actually pretty much done. I'm planning on doing a Casa Erotica Gabriel, mustache and all

Any suggestions on a wig for him, would be amazing!
Nurikowolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-08-2013, 08:52 PM   #152
Yazoo_the_Kazoo
Allons-y!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meredith View Post
I'm planning on doing a shoot with my (very tall) friend as Sam/Lucifer and myself as Adam/Michael over at a graveyard behind my house (it's an empty lot and we're going to be respectful, no worries)

I'm trying to figure out the contouring though. I know my face is already pretty similar to Adam's (YAY) but I can't tell what I should shade/highlight. Can I get some suggestions? I know my bangs are a bit too long and my eyebrows need to be done- any other suggestions?

My face:
http://imgur.com/2EL0oxV
You're right, you do have a very similar face to Jake Abel! I'd say start with standard contouring. Your temples and underneath the cheekbones, mainly, to make your face a bit more angular/ thinner. Then, your nose as well, to make it narrower. Here's a link to a crossplay makeup tutorial I made a few years ago, it gives you a better idea of what I'm trying to explain:
http://sock-monkey-renegade.devianta...rial-208360508

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurikowolf View Post
Just a lurker here, that is trying to get some advice :3

Anyone have any suggestions for a wig for Gabriel? I think I'm set with my Cas wig and costumes are actually pretty much done. I'm planning on doing a Casa Erotica Gabriel, mustache and all

Any suggestions on a wig for him, would be amazing!
For Gabriel, if you don't mind spending the money on it, a lace front wig like Cady from Arda in would be ideal, because Gabriel generally has his hair pushed back. With some trimming, you could also probably use Ada from Amphigory. Also, search ebay. The options are limitless there.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space...I'm a LOONY for God's sake!"

-tumblr-
-DeviantART-
Abaddon, The Doctor, Lord Petyr "Littlefinger" Baelish, Darth Revan and The Mighty Monarch
Yazoo_the_Kazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2013, 09:49 PM   #153
Nurikowolf

Thank you. Hopefully I'll be able to have someone help me style them as well. My sister should be able to. I'm trying not to spend too much on wigs, since I don't go to too many cons. This will be my first one, who knows I might become addicted XD
Unread 05-10-2013, 08:29 PM   #154
soraKHdemyx
Trickster

Anyone here going to A-Kon? Also, I need a bit of help on ideas for Gabriel. I'm making some "angel grace" for him and don't know what colors or charms to place on it. Anyone got ideas?

San Japan: Sinister 6- Gabriel from Supernatural, Wiccan from the Young Avengers, other unknown.
soraKHdemyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2013, 08:31 PM   #155
Nurikowolf

Not sure, perhaps golds and earthier tones for him. If you wanted to be cheeky, perhaps some fruity candy colors thrown in? I'm not sure how you're going about it. Oh! Do you have suggestions on what kind of wig I should use, since you are going as Gabriel.
Unread 05-10-2013, 08:41 PM   #156
Yazoo_the_Kazoo
Allons-y!

I am going to A-Kon! I'm being Castiel for a day, I believe. My girlfriend is being Morrigan and she wants to take spoof pictures based on the "Morrigan Does a Thing" video.

I feel like since Gabriel's eyes are described as the same color as "whiskey with sunlight shining through it" it would be cool if you could make the grace that same shade of amber.

Canonically, grace looks like this:
http://www.tvchitchat.net/images/h391.jpg
And doesn't seem to have any charms or adornments. In fact, it almost looks as if its casing was created organically when it hurtled to earth (in my opinion). So I don't know if you really want to add many charms or anything. If it were me, I'd keep it simple.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space...I'm a LOONY for God's sake!"

-tumblr-
-DeviantART-
Abaddon, The Doctor, Lord Petyr "Littlefinger" Baelish, Darth Revan and The Mighty Monarch
Unread 05-10-2013, 09:04 PM   #157
soraKHdemyx
Trickster

So maybe make some light brown/golden putty, with bits of blue, green, yellow, and red specks? And yeah, some charms wouldn't work that well...except that I'm planning on giving it away as a gift necklace.
I'll be Gabriel most of Friday, since my Supernatural panel is that night.

And my Gabe wig was given to me from a friend though I styled it like this (looks better when it's actually on):

(Sorry the images are HUGE)

San Japan: Sinister 6- Gabriel from Supernatural, Wiccan from the Young Avengers, other unknown.
Unread 05-10-2013, 09:05 PM   #158
soraKHdemyx
Trickster

And of course I take the bobby pins out when I put it on.

Unread 06-24-2013, 12:45 AM   #159
Yume Yokohama

Hi everyone I plan on cosplaying female Cas. I would like to have his angel blade commissioned. Is there anyone that has made the blade before that i could commission?
Yume Yokohama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2013, 03:22 AM   #160
Yazoo_the_Kazoo
Allons-y!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yume Yokohama View Post
Hi everyone I plan on cosplaying female Cas. I would like to have his angel blade commissioned. Is there anyone that has made the blade before that i could commission?
Search Etsy. I seem to remember someone on there who made replicas. A quick search turned up this:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/15068042...tural-cosplay?
Which may be perfect for your uses, or you might not want to have to finish it yourself. I dunno. Your call. I've only ever borrowed my friend Amy's for pictures, I don't have my own.

AND NOW...
(drumroll please)
I have decided to cosplay as Abaddon because she is my queen and I love her.
http://www.cosplay.com/costume/460811/
I should have the costume finished by the end of the week to take some pictures of.

-tumblr-
-DeviantART-
Unread 07-31-2013, 05:52 PM   #161
ICanDoZatKeptin
Girls can be Manly Too~!

Yay! Supernatural cosplayers! So I'm working on a Sam Winchester Cosplay for debut at Otakon 2013 and from research, I'm guessing that the only way to really determine what you're cosplay from is by key details. [Except everyone seems to know Cas. He stands out well] I mean, just going as Sam is hard because I have no Dean, and I'm just someone walking around in a plaid shirt, stubble, and a knife. That's probably what'll give it away though.
  • LARP!SamWinchester 0% Finished (Need to start)

Katsucon 2014 Lineup:
Friday - TBD
Saturday - Castiel from Supernatural
Sunday - Steve Carlsberg from Welcome to Night Vale
Life is about the people we meet and the things we create with them. So letís go out and start creating, life is too short to be spent alone.
ICanDoZatKeptin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2013, 04:08 PM   #162
KnightJeran
Calling Major Tom

Yazoo I ADORE YOUR ABBADON! I might just have to add her to my cospplay list because DAYUM I love her so much. Though I have to choose between her Devil casual outfit and her dress!

I almost wore Cas to the Winchester Mystery house in California but it was way too hot to go in cosplay.

Also... wings. I need wings. Where are all my winged-cosplayers at? (:

2013: Dean Winchester/Castiel/Sherlock/Kitty Riley/Rainbow Dash/Spike/Timmy Turner/Canada/Fai/Kraehe

My Cosplays +++ My Cosplay DeviantArt +++ My Art DeviantArt +++ My Marketplace Ads
KnightJeran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2013, 07:29 PM   #163
wolfchild59

I'm actually working on wings for a Castiel costume using head lamps and cut-outs to create a shadow effect behind me. (I'll be inside the entire time at the location I'll be wearing the costume). Here's a really crappy pic of the last place I left off. (just a paper cut out and testing the lamp distance from the wall, I rotated the pic to match the bad angle I was holding the set-up at).

And I also wouldn't recommend that Angel Blade shown above from that Etsy store unless you are very experienced with working with resin. I ordered one and have spent the last week or so getting it usable, with probably at least another week's worth of work on it. When it arrived, it looked like it came straight out of a dying silicone mold. Huge chunks of resin where there shouldn't be anything, bits of the silicone mold trapped in the resin, and air bubbles and dimples up and down the whole thing. Plus, I spent all last night making the handle and hilt area round again because it looks like they molded it in a one piece mold and squeezed it out of shape in the middle because the top of the handle and hilt were basically a triangle.

It was a good base to start from after I cleaned all of the initial mold flaws up, but I've had to add a lot of apoxie to get it usable and I'm redoing the entire blade tomorrow. I'll post some pics of that once I get it done.

It's actually a whole group of us going. I'm Castiel, two friends are Sam and Dean and my husband is going to be Bobby. But I'm having a heck of a time finding an accurate Bobby vest or even a pattern for one!
wolfchild59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2013, 04:40 PM   #164
littlegoten
your grandpa's cosplay

I love Supernatural cosplay. I feel like I do it every day of my life - I believe in layering and I own a lot of plaid, and I have Dean's ring which I wear pretty regularly. I've considered maybe cosplaying as Ruby, the Gen version. I've got similar eyebrows to her, which are a pretty prominent part of her face, I think.
littlegoten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2013, 09:32 PM   #165
Aciano
Light and Shadow

Alright~ So next project instead of Samandriel is going to be working on Kai-art's Final Fantasy Supernatural AU! Well, at the very least Cas.

This little image right here

I'll probably do Sam in the future though. I'm planning to probably debut this at Anime Expo if I go but if I finish it before hand, then I'll do it to another con before that. But yeah! Hopefully I can get someone to do Dean and Sam when I do this though!

Chess!China - APH
Fem!Bilbo Baggins - The Hobbit
Kinomoto Sakura - CCS
Yazawa Nico - Love Live
Shiro - NGNL
Jack Frost - Rise of the Guardians
Nishinoya Yuu - Haikyuu
Hiro Hamada - Big Hero 6
Mitsumine Mashiro - Mikakunin de Shinkokei
Aciano is offline   Reply With Quote