Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > TV/Movie/Musical (live action)

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 42 votes, 4.98 average.
Unread 10-05-2009, 07:40 AM   #31
Riiko Izawa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader_8 View Post
I stand corrected. And I wasn't making notions towards applying a perfectionist attitude towards cosplay at all, but overall the hobby is about costumes. And I also agree that lots of anime have popular characters who would remain indistinguishable if cosplayed (just think every high school anime).
The hobby is overall about costumes, but what are those costumes used for ? To look like the character. Im still buying a wig for Ruby and making her knife so its con-appropriate as well as going through to make sure the costume will be 100% accurate, so I don't see how that makes this any different than cosplaying from any other series.

ASHLEY
Riiko Izawa is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-05-2009, 10:03 AM   #32
moonflower.

Exactly. When I do Bela, it's going to be screen accurate, as close as can possibly be (I'm doing http://tvmedia.ign.com/tv/image/arti...733909-000.jpg outfit. I'm going to even have a rabbits foot to carry with. ^.^) Maybe people won't recognize me, but a lot of people didn't recognize me as Shilo or River. That makes being recognized by fans even better.
moonflower. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2009, 01:19 PM   #33
Kat Murz
Last Manitoban Pirate

Woot! My Supernatural photoshoot is this weeked. It should be lots of fun, everyone involved is super insane excited for it so I'll be sure to post lots of pictures X3 The final cast list stands at Sam, Dean, Castiel, Anna, Chastity, S3 Ruby, Lucifer and Chuck. We tried to find a Bobby and John but couldn't boo. Maybe next time.

For now here is my make-up/wig/costume test as Castiel. Did the test so I know what I need to change up make-up wise for the shoot (though we'll be outside so the lighting is more forgiving thank goodness lol). I'm the only crossplayer in the shoot cause we ran out of male cosplayers and I'm 6' so I'm our groups default spare male XD lol

Castiel test, yay
~ Ai-kon
~ Otakuthon
~ Central Canadian Comic Con

Check me out for tutorials, con reviews and more at:: Nomadic-Goldfish Cosplay on Facebook
Kat Murz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2010, 01:09 AM   #34
Inoli
I Nom Swords

Hiii back and reviving the thread with a Lookie! pictures!
http://i935.photobucket.com/albums/a...w/img_0438.jpg
Me as John Winchester [gotta make the ageing make-up a little more noticeable] and my friends as Dean and Sam. This was done at Anime LA this year. XD I did have a lot of fun just suddenly disappearing into the crowd of older men photographers. my friends had a LOT of trouble keeping track of me.

[/color] [/size]
Inoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2010, 09:42 PM   #35
bellatrixkale23

Hai! I'm new to the site. I've been working on some costumes for Halloween and Dragon*Con and I just wanted some advice.

I plan on dressing up as Castiel but dunno if I should go as the canon version or a gender-bent version... Me being a girl and all has me leaning towards the girl version...
bellatrixkale23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2010, 09:52 AM   #36
Husk
*woof*

Well ultimately the choice is up to you. A male Cas will probably be more recognizable but i'm sure if you have the trench and blank expression either way work.

Personally I like the idea of a male Castiel, but again the only opinion that matters if yours. Do what will make you happiest.
Husk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2010, 12:58 PM   #37
bellatrixkale23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husk View Post
Well ultimately the choice is up to you. A male Cas will probably be more recognizable but i'm sure if you have the trench and blank expression either way work.

Personally I like the idea of a male Castiel, but again the only opinion that matters if yours. Do what will make you happiest.
Trenchcoat? Check!
Blank expression/Cas expression-ims? Check!

My hair's a bit long but I might go with the male version in the end.

Attending: Dragon*Con 2010 (OMG! Very. First. Con.)
bellatrixkale23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2010, 02:19 PM   #38
Legatosgurl
I am a BANANA!!!!

I must admit, I was a little surprised to find this thread here.

For this next AnimeIowa (yes, I know, a Sci-Fi character at an Anime Con. Shoot me ;p) my boyfriend wants to Cosplay as Sam Winchester. Now, this makes me fangirl massively, but I'm not entirely sure who I should cosplay in order to, you know, stalk him.

I'm seriously considering going as Bella (To which he responded "Oh, the evil bitch?" ) or Jess, but I"m afraid both would be extremely vague to the non uber geek.

What would you guys suggest? (Reference pic: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...subj=505809516 )

God, I look older in this pic...

Final Fantasy - Physics not included.

Cosplay 2012:
MLP: DJ PON 3
Soul Eater: Tsubaki
Legatosgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2010, 08:58 AM   #39
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

I love Supernatural, but the problem with the series for cosplay is it's all street wear. >_<

Lillith in her final act the last episode of the 4th season the white dress, her adult form at lest has something other worldly going on about her.

Also don't know how you feel about Black Sclera contacts but you always know who the demons are with those puppies.

Can't see your photo without logging in.

Unplugged Expo
Madeline Hatter ~ Ever After High (Sat)

Future cosplays/cons:
Anime North (Nehelenia), Otakuthon(maybe), FanEXPO
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items for sale.
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup reviews!
Ani_BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2010, 01:49 AM   #40
baw61983

I think the big thing about doing a Supernatural group would be, staying together as a group, since if not, they would look like normal clothes. Which does work too. I plan on going as Season 3 Ruby (the blonde version) to DragonCon at some point, whenever I can get a group together.
baw61983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2010, 12:11 PM   #41
HareyuNanami
Princess of Dreams :3

OMG! When I saw this thread I freaked out!! Supernatural is AMAZING! I always wanted to do a cosplay from it!! XD

Cosplay List!

Convention List
CON-G 2014
Costume Con Toronto 2014
Anime North 2014
FanExpo 2014

My Youtube
HareyuNanami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2010, 04:19 PM   #42
Morgann
Peachy ^o^

I'm thinking about doing a Ruby (blond) for the Asylum Europe Con. It should be pretty easy, since my hair looks almost like her's and the clothes are easy to get. Eventhough I doubt that people recognise me... it's SPN Con... so they actually might. ^^

I love the idea of Supernatural Cosplay, but you're right, it's so hard to recognise... A friend of mine wants to do Bela some time, but we are still searching for Sam and Dean.
Morgann is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2010, 04:52 PM   #43
Kat Murz
Last Manitoban Pirate

I'm a girl and I cosplayed Male Castiel. You just need a lot o' make-up and binding and a good wig (I had to style mine a decent amount).

I have a small handful of pics from our SPN shoot in my cos.com gallery and a make-up test for Cas for those who are girls thinking of being Castiel.
Most of the photo's from our actual shoot are at my friends gallery here

Sadly it was cold as hell the day we did the shoot, so now we're waiting for the snow to melt to do another shoot on a day when its nicer so we can take better pictures where we don't all look cold and upset XD lol My stubble make-up also started coming off because I was cold and kept hugging people so it start to smudge lol

I think for demons if you have some degree of black out contacts people might get who you are (or yellow, or white) even if its not full eyes and just iris black out I think people who are fans of the show would get it.
~ Ai-kon
~ Otakuthon
~ Central Canadian Comic Con

Check me out for tutorials, con reviews and more at:: Nomadic-Goldfish Cosplay on Facebook

Last edited by Kat Murz : 02-11-2010 at 04:56 PM.
Unread 03-22-2010, 10:25 PM   #44
deranged inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat Murz View Post
I'm a girl and I cosplayed Male Castiel. You just need a lot o' make-up and binding and a good wig (I had to style mine a decent amount).

I have a small handful of pics from our SPN shoot in my cos.com gallery and a make-up test for Cas for those who are girls thinking of being Castiel.
Most of the photo's from our actual shoot are at my friends gallery here

Sadly it was cold as hell the day we did the shoot, so now we're waiting for the snow to melt to do another shoot on a day when its nicer so we can take better pictures where we don't all look cold and upset XD lol My stubble make-up also started coming off because I was cold and kept hugging people so it start to smudge lol

I think for demons if you have some degree of black out contacts people might get who you are (or yellow, or white) even if its not full eyes and just iris black out I think people who are fans of the show would get it.
I really like this, and your makeup is amazingly good. Might I give a small suggestion though? Misha has a really square and defined jaw bone, while yours is a bit more rounded, perhaps you could try adding some shadow to the corners of your jaw to add a fake contour there? Otherwise, its awesome and I made some photos my favorites on deviant art. x]
Unread 03-22-2010, 10:33 PM   #45
Kat Murz
Last Manitoban Pirate

Glad you liked it ^__^ Its finally getting nice out here so we're hoping to get more/better pictures.

My make-up for that shoot I feel personally didn't turn out as well as I usually can do >__>
I did some shading on my jaw to square it up, though you're right I do need more; it didn't read overly well on camera.
I was also a MORON and A.) Didn't use fixative that day on it, and B.) Kept hugging the other girls when they got cold and hid in my coat by snuggling with them...with my cheek on top of their head...and fucked up my make-up.

So to those doing girl<Guy cosplay...ummm, fixative. Remember to use it or your make-up will get f-ed up something wicked. Especially when running around outside.

In general I stress fixative for shoots and cons when in any make-up, especially heavy make-up like this because it keeps you looking fresh and pretty...
...and then promptly forgot my bottle when I did make-up that morning.