Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > TV/Movie/Musical (live action)

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 4.91 average.
Unread 03-15-2011, 08:03 PM   #76
Avisu
KittiofDOOM

Hi there, i'm a big fan of supernatural and I really wanted to cosplay good ol' Castiel, just i'm having problems with the trench coat (of awesome). Can I buy it? What would be a good pattern, Material? etc

I have no clue how to read patterns but i'm sure I could figure it out.

Here is a reference picture

http://www.supernaturalwiki.com/images/a/a2/Castiel.jpg

I was thinking of using this simplicity pattern http://sewing.patternreview.com/cgi-...atternid=13283

Any help would be amazing, thank you

I actually posted a seperate thread, but because I am blind I didn't notice this haha
Avisu is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-15-2011, 10:11 PM   #77
kenshin-chan64
Titillating Tuba Player

I would recomend you try to hit your local good will and thrift shops. If you go to a large city (for me an example would be LA and Ventua), you can find many diffrent sized shops that might have something.
My last good will adventure, I was in a store that must have had at least 5 overcoats that could have been used for Cas. I wasnt watching SPN at the time, so I had no need for one...damn.
Search around, you're bound to find one this time of year, and if you're lucky it can be as low as 3 bucks! (less than many patters out there! )

.... (\/)
.... (. . )_ ....~ Friday ~ 4-8-10
< # cc , _),
kenshin-chan64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2011, 07:05 AM   #78
Avisu
KittiofDOOM

Unfortunately I live in London, and i've raided the charity shops a number of times and I cannot find a coat similar to Cas's one.
Unread 03-17-2011, 12:59 AM   #79
ItalianPeach

Just keep trying, and always keep an eye out, that is all I can offer you.

Just ordered my Wig for Jessica. Once I get it I only need her Jewelry for her Nurse outfit, and her shirt for her Pajamas. Jo is done' other then the fact that I need to get her rifle. Won't be to much longer until I am done.... Which makes me sad...

I have been thinking about Lilith or a Cross Roads Demon.

Dragon*Con: Tinkerbell (Peter Pan), Cordelia Chase (Angel), Jessica Moore (Supernatural), Red Playboy Bunny, Belle (OuaT), Crystalia Amaquelin Maximoff (The Inhumans), Abigail Brand (X-Men)

NYCC: Kitana (Mortal Kombat 9), Scarlett (GI Jo), TBA

Super Mega Fest: Princess Python (Serpant Society), TBA
ItalianPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2011, 03:07 AM   #80
kenshin-chan64
Titillating Tuba Player

I just used LA and Ventura as examples of a situation that I at least notice here in SoCal. Where there is a big thriving city, there's always smaller towns around it with just as many people in it, that are not as well off. Because of that, thrift shops thrive and can be found everywhere.
I dont know what cities are like in the UK, but maybe if you tried searching in some of the surounding towns you might find more.

I just think it would a lot easier to find an overcoat, than to make one XD

And I've found and gotten a pattern that I like for a woman in white dress. I just need to chose a material I like and figure out make-up~

.... (\/)
< # cc , _),
Unread 03-17-2011, 12:04 PM   #81
Avisu
KittiofDOOM

Today was actually my lucky day, Random urge to walk into a charity shop and I found the perfect coat for Cas XD i'm so happy. Just have to add a few buttons and take up the bottom of the coat, it comes down to my ankles haha i feel short.

Bit pricey but I had to get it XD
Unread 04-21-2011, 05:57 PM   #82
Shichi

AHH I am so glad there's a SPN thread here <33 I hoped there would be.

I didn't wanna make a new post on the con thread and get shunned, but... Is anyone from this thread gonna be at Anime Boston? I might be doing Castiel and if anyone wants to meet up on Saturday or Sunday, I'd love to have some people to awesome it up with. <33

ALSO IS ANYONE GOING TO NJ SPN CON? I'm going be doing 63!Dean with 63!Cas and 63!Gabriel and a bigger group would be mad fun
Shichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2011, 01:25 AM   #83
moonflower.

So for dragon*con a group of us are doing Femme!supernatural characters. This is going to be silly. XD But I get to be Cas(sie) and i'm having way too much fun designing my outfit.
moonflower. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2011, 12:23 PM   #84
MikoBura
DB Fangirl

I've become a big Supernatural fan these past couple of months. I really love Dean but I think I could pull of Sam better as a crossplay. If I ever would cosplay SPN I'd probably use Sam's design from the anime.
MikoBura is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2011, 12:16 PM   #85
kenshin-chan64
Titillating Tuba Player

I now have a dream to make some of my friends into female versions of all the characters, including the Impala~ Only one of which I know is a SPN fan...this could be difficult to convince the others XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonflower. View Post
So for dragon*con a group of us are doing Femme!supernatural characters. This is going to be silly. XD But I get to be Cas(sie) and i'm having way too much fun designing my outfit.
As I was going to bed last night and thinking on how I could make Cas' outfit girly, I came up with a thought of using a pretty blue silk scarf in place of his tie. What were you thinking about doing for that aspect?

.... (\/)
< # cc , _),
Unread 05-17-2011, 10:07 PM   #86
jalynissuper!

Planning out my Castiel cosplay! it's not going to be super challenging wxcept for finding a trenchcoat in may... >.>

I'll post test shots soon!
Pikachu-pokemon: 95%
Dark Mousy-DNAngel: 50%
Sailor Saturn-Sailor Moon: 75%
Sakura- Cardcaptors: 10%
Mio Hio- DNAngel: 10%
there is more but i don't have even a stitch of fabric that i can say i've started for them.
jalynissuper! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2011, 11:29 PM   #87
moonflower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshin-chan64 View Post

As I was going to bed last night and thinking on how I could make Cas' outfit girly, I came up with a thought of using a pretty blue silk scarf in place of his tie. What were you thinking about doing for that aspect?
That was one of the ideas, yeah. Also doing shorts, boots, black tights, a blouse, vest, and femme trench I think. Kinda bouncing around on designs still. Any suggestions?
moonflower. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2011, 01:38 AM   #88
kenshin-chan64
Titillating Tuba Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonflower. View Post
That was one of the ideas, yeah. Also doing shorts, boots, black tights, a blouse, vest, and femme trench I think. Kinda bouncing around on designs still. Any suggestions?
Ooh, I like the vest idea, I wouldnt have thought of that~ But I guess the design all comes down to what you like to wear and what kind of look you're going for. You could oviously go simple and just have a woman's suit, pants and all, or a skirt of varying lenghts (the shorter the skirt, the sexyer the look). For example, I personaly hate wearing skirts, so I would go with pants (damn you Amy! XD )
I also think that maybe a jacket with short cap or puffy sleeves would look pretty cute :3

So yeah I dont know, it depends if you want a sexy Cas or an exact parallel Cas. I cant wait to see what you pull together!

.... (\/)
< # cc , _),
Unread 05-22-2011, 11:19 PM   #89
ItalianPeach

Fem's are always so fun. Though I doubt I would ever actually do it, I have a complete Fem Dean Planned out. I am part of a huge Supernatural Group going to D*con as well (all genders being the true gender) Maybe we will run into you!

Dragon*Con: Tinkerbell (Peter Pan), Cordelia Chase (Angel), Jessica Moore (Supernatural), Red Playboy Bunny, Belle (OuaT), Crystalia Amaquelin Maximoff (The Inhumans), Abigail Brand (X-Men)

NYCC: Kitana (Mortal Kombat 9), Scarlett (GI Jo), TBA

Super Mega Fest: Princess Python (Serpant Society), TBA
ItalianPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2011, 12:20 PM   #90
BraveKnight

I was told to look into doing Castiel... I used to watch the show a bit but I stopped around season two. Is the anime out? And does anyone know where I might be able to watch it?
BraveKnight is offline   Reply With Quote