Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-13-2003, 06:39 AM   #1
Kira_Yamato
GET OUT OF HERE STALKER

How far do you take crossplay?

I'm sorry if this sounds a bit...well...perverted. But i've really been wondering for a while, and had to ask... ?ow far do people usually take crossplay?

In other words, (i'm having trouble asking this), well, I guess what I'm trying to say is how much is what you wear true to the opposite sex?

As an example, (this is REALLY akward) does crossplay usually go as far as underwear. LIke, do crossplaying guys usually stick with normal boxers or whatever, or do they wear panties?

Once again, I'm sorry if this sounds too hentai , but i've really been wondering.

Note: my process trying to write this message has been retained, in order to show my akwardness in asking this question.
Kira_Yamato is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-13-2003, 07:06 AM   #2
Karisu-sama
Cosplay.Mom: "Play nice!"
Board Moderator

My, you are nosy. Well, if you really want to know, I don't go as far as to "pack" (= stuff the underpants), though some women do. I don't feel I need it to get mentally into "guy" attitude, or to help me "move like a guy". (And I think it would be beyond my husband's tolerance limits anyway! )

Obviously, as evidenced by other threads on this board, I DO bind my chest. I try to at least give the outer impression that I MIGHT be a guy, whether I actually "pass" or not.

Last edited by Karisu-sama : 07-13-2003 at 07:23 AM.
Karisu-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2003, 07:15 AM   #3
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

I've never gone that far with it. o_O I still wear the regular underwear I'd wear with any other clothes. I don't stuff anything; I just push down what I need to. 'Course I think this question was aimed more towards male crossplayers..

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: Anime Los Angeles (January 9-11)
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2003, 07:45 AM   #4
Kira_Yamato
GET OUT OF HERE STALKER

Quote:
Originally posted by Michi
'Course I think this question was aimed more towards male crossplayers..
Exactly. I apologize again for asking, but I've really been wondering....
Kira_Yamato is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2003, 08:57 AM   #5
Gren
Gender Bender

I don't think the vast majprity go so far as wearing women's underoos. They'd probably just switch from boxers to briefs for a day, and, f nexessary, tuck anything back and out of sight.

Me? I stick to my own underwear, even when crossplaying.
Gren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2003, 12:26 PM   #6
Hack Rilean

o.o; ..
^^:;; well i personally do go all out.
But it's easier to be girl to guy, then guy to girl x.x. i dunno how you women do what you do, but damn you do it good.
I did design special type garments (which *no* i wont release lol!) to give quite the female figure if I do say so myself (along with my companion who does makeup prosthetics and asthetics XD so she does the breasties lookin real part).

uhm o.o other than that, yeah o.x.. I don't dress like women outside of that though x.x. or i *do* get mistaken as one LoL.
=D I hope that answered ur question. ... X.x and doesn't make me look like *too* much of a freak. lol..
Hack Rilean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2003, 12:36 PM   #7
Mizuno Tenshi
Shiawase wa itsumo.

Well... umm... I had some girls at Animazement ask me what I was wearing underneath my skirt... I didn't answer them then. But I think even briefs wouldn't look right under a skirt, so... umm... actually, I wouldn't be able to tuck well with briefs either. So I was wearing all female clothing. You pretty much need to wear a bra to get it right, and panties help too. So... I could've answered 'briefs', but baby blue and from Victoria's Secret. And they don't look like they're filled with anything. Flat, I'd say... If any of the girls who asked me are reading this, there's your answer.
I actually like them better anyways. But I'm one of those crossplayers who would like to be able to dress more femininely anyways. I think that answered your question...

"Normal is for those who can't do any better." - Me
Mizuno Tenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2003, 07:07 PM   #8
yasafusa
FLAT AS A CAT

So far, I believe that the bra I use is as far as I have to go... I'm wearing pants, so I don't have to worry about someone seeing my briefs... THOUGH, the bra that I found that holds my falsies the best is one that's pretty frilly... *I went for max support and comfort!* :P
yasafusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2003, 01:06 AM   #9
odango-mango

lol, guys boxers are so comfortable yet awkward for when wearing fitting pant or jeans cause there is more fabric than normal womens underwear.
The thought of going all out for crossplaying is somewhat appealing but I don't think i'll stuff my boxers, might scare the chicks away, besides i'd prolly get carried away with stuffing ^_~

lol
odango-mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2003, 02:38 AM   #10
Iori E
Baka baka BAKA!!!

I haven't taken it very far. That's because I couldn't. But if I could, I would. I'd go as Baiken from Guilty Gear the moment I can make it look decent, tasteful, and fairly realistic.
Iori E is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2003, 03:58 AM   #11
vyrax778
Resident Gun Guy.

Quote:
Originally posted by Gren
I don't think the vast majprity go so far as wearing women's underoos. They'd probably just switch from boxers to briefs for a day, and, f nexessary, tuck anything back and out of sight.

Me? I stick to my own underwear, even when crossplaying.
same here. man even briefs for a day are a pain except it beats boxers hanging out the slits.
vyrax778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2003, 11:25 AM   #12
Chosuke
Le Chevalier

I wear my own stuff ^^;;

But it is habit of mine to ALWAYS wear AXE as a male character xD

Cho's Wig Commissions - Click here for information, examples and a free quote!
Chosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2003, 11:45 AM   #13
Flea
Magical Girl

I havent crossplayed yet, but I am hopefully getting a costume made soon, and when I do I am going all out.
Flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2003, 12:01 PM   #14
RHIshida
lol internet

Heh, well, honestly, for my Akane costume at Animazement, I was wearing panties XD. I -did- want to go all. And for my Celes costume, since any other form of male garment would probably hang out from the bodysuit and won't look right, I'm going to be wearing panties again. I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to cosplay and crossplay. ^^;
Unread 07-15-2003, 12:28 AM   #15
Hack Rilean

Wow!
I didn't know there were so many crossplayers out there x.x. man alive, i thought i was from a very small group of a handful of people! ^_^ Its nice to know i'm not!
Hack Rilean is offline   Reply With Quote