Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Unread 05-31-2014, 07:09 PM   #1
SoahCJay

Ultimate Chest Binder Sizing?

Hi!

I am a, ahem, rather well-endowed lady (38DDD, though I measured 36 as my underbust a few minutes ago) that's planning a crossplay of Nezumi, but I am having a hard time figuring out binders.

I have heard many great things about the Tri-top binder, but I have also heard that it hurts your underarms and is not good if your chubbier since it cuts off at the mid-drift. So I was thinking that the Ultimate Chest Binder would probably be best as it is longer (and I can sew it to some bottoms or something so it doesn't roll up because of my bodacious booty haha).

My question, though, is how do I go about picking a size?? Because I am wanting to order it tonight and I am not going to have a large window of time before my con so it kind of has to work haha. I read that you measure your underbust and the largest circumference of your bust, add them together and divide by two and that is the size you go for BUT I have also read of people doing that and ended up needing a size or two BIGGER. How should I go about sizing? Since I'm wanting to buy this tonight~

TL;DR: 38DDD, what size binder should I get??

Thanks!!

Upcoming Cosplay:
Nezumi - No.6
China - Hetalia

「お休みのキスだ」
「お休みのキスか。嘘つきだな…あんたも」
SoahCJay is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-31-2014, 07:31 PM   #2
Kelley
Devil of Details

The Ultimate Chest Binder is only two-layers and the armpits are the same shape (you can always modify these using an overlock machine, by the way). No one I know who is plus-sized has had an issue with the length of the Tri-Top creating a bulge - even in people much larger than you. Some people have issues with either rolling up, but I am worried that the "lighter" one will not be enough to actually compress enough to make a big enough difference.

Bra size is a very ineffective way to judge what size you'll need, it's all about the actual body measurements. I think you know that, I'm just saying because telling people you're a 38DDD will unfortunately not help them help you. Because even if you've measured your bra size properly someone who says, "O, I'm that size and this worked for me !" might not have !

(underbust + largest bust)/2 is correct. It's always possible that the size the numbers say won't be right - that's why they offer returns. I know someone who needed a size SMALLER after measuring that way. It will vary person to person, but the /2 is your best starting point and works for most people. Maybe a problem people have is that they round downward when picking a size - it's true that if you're in-between sizes or very close that you want to round UP.

It's just like with finding the right bra. You can do measurements all you want but at the end of the day you have to still try on a few bras to make sure the numbers were right. This is true of even the very best bra fitting systems because the shape of people's anatomy is so unique and the numbers alone can create a misleading picture.

Underworks has a good return policy or you could sell one that doesn't fit on here. I wouldn't worry about it ~too~ much. Most people get one that fits on the first try.

Actually in the pipes:
- Remaking Ser Loras doublet.
- Luke Skywalker, A New Hope
- Wind Waker starter costume in swim material
Eventually: Paul from Dune, Faramir, Harry Sullivan
Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote