Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Unread 09-23-2014, 07:45 PM   #1
AkumaHanta

Fairy Tail Erza Flame Empres crossplay

Ok just recently go hooked on Fairy Tail and I am hoping to do a 2 crossplays for OhayoCon this coming year. I already have 1 setup and ready. A Gothic Lolita/Brolita, however I kinda want to do something a bit more adventurous, so I want to try for Flame Empress Erza.

I already know roughly how I want to start with the base, a corset and leotard. However Im not really sure how to build the armor pieces or if there are any armor prints/guides already. I have tried searching but only seem to find completed pics and no real way of contacting the people that made the cosplay.

Any tips on how to best go about this build are completely welcome.

Ok nevermind, found something on this forum, its a couple years old but will be helpful.

Last edited by AkumaHanta : 09-23-2014 at 08:49 PM.
AkumaHanta is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-23-2014, 11:10 PM   #2
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Sice you already have the whole crossplay part covered, this should go in the prop/armor forum. It doesn't matter if it's crossplay or not, you aren't asking anything related to crossplay help in this..

I don't know what you found in your edit there, but any armor tutorial should help you understand, regardless of what they are making..
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Dream Cosplays:
-Tsuruya-san (Haruhi Suzumiya)
-Kagami Hiiragi (Lucky Star)
-Minimandy (Grim Tales)
-Mimi (Grim Tales)
-Yui Hirasawa (K-On!)
JasonTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2014, 08:02 AM   #3
Naruto Uzumaki
A Regular Frankie Fan

I read your name as Akuma Matata and it gave me the BIGGEST SMILE.
Unread 09-24-2014, 11:35 AM   #4
AkumaHanta

Well the crossplay help would be potnetially finding the armor prints in a style that would work for a male, but I understand what you mean. The post I found proved to be of no help as it lead to a profile that no longer seems active on Devaintart.
Unread 09-24-2014, 12:15 PM   #5
builder396
Crossplayer

just try and simulate a female body shape (stuffing a bra or whatnot) and put your armor around it. Prints that are online practically never match you as an individual to 100%, you always have to make minor adjustments, so a female print should also work, assuming you ger workable fake boobs, which I assume will be difficult since the armor leaves a lot of bare skin in that area. I once saw something that did look rather convincing for this purpose, not 100% but from more than 10 meters away i think most people would be fooled at first glance. It was some kind of skin colored shirt-ish thing that had the form of breasts, good enough to do a cleavage with, for this purpose at least. Once people notice though you wont pass as a girl anymore. But I dont know where to find it, and i remember it was just a non-english tutorial without translation.

Next Cosplay:
Hatsune Miku (Vocaloid)

Planned cosplays:
Char B1 (Its a TANK, its not from an anime, unless you mean Girls und Panzer)
Kaito Kid (Detective Conan/Case Closed and Magic Kaito)
builder396 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2014, 12:42 PM   #6
AkumaHanta

Yea the cleavage will probably be the hardest thing to make. Although I did once see a bodysuit that was for dragqueens that may work if I can find it again.
Unread 09-24-2014, 12:55 PM   #7
kandell

I'm doing Flame Empress right now! If you want, I could show you my progress pics and kind of illustrate my armor patterns. Idk if that would help from a crossplay angle, but it might :]
Facebook
AC Paradise
Twitter
kandell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2014, 01:27 PM   #8
AkumaHanta

yea. any help is welcome.

tried posting a help topic in the armor/props forum but it wouldnt show.
Unread 09-24-2014, 01:38 PM   #9
AkumaHanta

Yes please. Any help is welcome.

Tried to post in the armor/prop forum but its not showing up for some reason.
Unread 09-24-2014, 02:23 PM   #10
kandell

Well, to begin with I made the bodysuit/corset-y thing like a bunny-suit, so it has steel boning through the waist. Something similar would probably be useful for crossplay, to get a more hour-glass figure.

The armor is all foam and worbla. I can't share patterns now, cuz I'm at work, but I can when I get home.

For the chest armor, you should be able to just sculpt it around fake boobs/tennis or softballs, whathaveyou. The most important thing is to get the top of the chest to look as if it's part of breasts. You could do that just by having the chest armor come a little higher on the chest and contour back toward your collarbone.

When I get home I'll be able to post some pics. Or you could check my facebook, since I've been posting some progress photos there (the link is in my signature).
Facebook
AC Paradise
Twitter
Unread 09-24-2014, 02:47 PM   #11
AkumaHanta

Huh I didnt think of using a full corset like the bunny corset costume. I was just thinking of a regular corset. That will be quite handy.

Thats cool and would probably be a bit cheaper than using pvc. Thats quite fine.

Yea I was working with an ideal I had of using a nude bodysuit with a few adjustments like sewing some breast forms inside of it.
Unread 09-24-2014, 02:52 PM   #12
kandell

That's actually an awesome idea! That would definitely get the right chest look. And then you could just paint her guild mark on the suit rather than using a fake tattoo each time.
Facebook
AC Paradise
Twitter
Unread 09-24-2014, 03:11 PM   #13
AkumaHanta

Yea. Also it would help with missed spots from shaving. And since the only places where the holes for feet, hands and neck would be cover in the armor pieces I wouldnt have to do any makeup tricks to hide those areas.
Unread 09-25-2014, 09:15 PM   #14
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkumaHanta View Post
Well the crossplay help would be potnetially finding the armor prints in a style that would work for a male, but I understand what you mean. The post I found proved to be of no help as it lead to a profile that no longer seems active on Devaintart.
The reason I said that was because there is no difference..If you are crossplaying, you will have fake breass in, and so on to have a more female look, so no you would NOT be doing it for a male..If you are making a male version of this, then you should specify that, because that isn't crossplay..

Regardless, like I said, you are asking about armor and not about anything crosplay help related..

I see though that you said you have now posted in that forum so I won't take any more of your time here, the reason for the delay in that post is just cuz you're new, it should show up (if not already) pretty soon.
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Dream Cosplays:
-Tsuruya-san (Haruhi Suzumiya)
-Kagami Hiiragi (Lucky Star)
-Minimandy (Grim Tales)
-Mimi (Grim Tales)
-Yui Hirasawa (K-On!)
JasonTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2014, 09:10 AM   #15
AkumaHanta

I tried to post in the armor section but for whatever reason it wont send my post through.