Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 740 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 01-10-2007, 12:58 AM   #346
Queen Anime 99
Call me Queenie. :D

No offense or anything, but comments like this bother me. What exactly is wrong with breasts? Our society sexualizes breasts (Yes, our society sexualizes the hell out of breasts. That's why you're saying that you don't want your children exposed to something so "mature." How are breasts "mature?") so much that we forget what breasts are for: breastfeeding. Many people also have a problem with breastfeeding in public. It's so stupid and sad. And there are countries where everyone walks around topless. The kids aren't negatively affected or anything. There is nothing wrong with breasts. And if men can be topless, why shouldn't women be allowed to be topless? Hell, we're the one's who actually have to use our breasts. How come the U.S is like the only country that has problems with women's breasts? We're supposed to be so civilized, but we are so afraid that breasts may scar children for life. Think about that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirin-Riki View Post
women are allowed to walk around topless around where i come from. there's this... kusobaba that lives in my city and she's in the practice of riding/walking around the town topless. i think it's bloody disgusting, not to bash women's rights or anything, but i wouldn't want my children to be exposed to material of that mature a level at the age of say... 5.
Queen Anime 99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-10-2007, 03:42 PM   #347
Kirin-Riki

are you forgetting about modesty? Up until the 1900s we used to think that even showing off legs was indecent, then shortly after navels were removed from the list. it seems that shortly after the few major dicoveries that lead to the massive leap in technology (namely going from man-powered to steam-powered boats) man started a downward spiral. unless media just makes these things more noticable such as murders/robberies etc. which makes me think, are we actually any better off with all this technology? (but this is entirely a different subject)

and saying that the US is the only one is wrong, the majority of western civilization thinks the same too. and think for the people who don't want to see this kind of stuff (even if they are in the minority).

Last edited by Kirin-Riki : 01-10-2007 at 03:44 PM.
Kirin-Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2007, 05:12 PM   #348
Queen Anime 99
Call me Queenie. :D

No. I'm not forgetting about modesty. Modesty is completely subjective. Our society tells us what is modest and not. I don't see how exposed breasts are unmodest. Again, if women in other societies can go around topless and have no problems (That's right. The kiddies aren't scarred either.), why should we have problems? Or are you saying that they are less modest than us? Many western countries in fact have no problem with female breasts (nude beaches, breastfeeding without any problems, etc.). We are the country who freaked out when Janet Jackson popped out her breast at the Superbowl and everyone laughed at us for how worked up we got over it. And who cares if people want to see stuff or not? Some people don't want to see people wearing liprings, but that's too bad. The world doesn't revolve around what people want to and don't want to see.

What I'm trying to say is that breasts are not "mature" or "bad" or "unmodest." They are just pieces of flesh which are actually used for something. Again, think about men. Why are men allowed to be shirtless but women not? What's with the double standard? It's okay for men to show their chest, but unmodest for women? Again, our society has sexualized breasts so much that everytime we see a breast or think about breasts or even say breasts, we think of them as sex objects. It's stupid. People are even up in arms about breastfeeding now. It's like we've completely forgot what the point of breasts are. And no, your children wouldn't be scarred by the sight of breasts. They'd be curious, but they wouldn't fall down screaming and clawing out their eyes. Children only freak when their parents freak.

Totally random, but I love your avatar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirin-Riki View Post
are you forgetting about modesty? Up until the 1900s we used to think that even showing off legs was indecent, then shortly after navels were removed from the list. it seems that shortly after the few major dicoveries that lead to the massive leap in technology (namely going from man-powered to steam-powered boats) man started a downward spiral. unless media just makes these things more noticable such as murders/robberies etc. which makes me think, are we actually any better off with all this technology? (but this is entirely a different subject)

and saying that the US is the only one is wrong, the majority of western civilization thinks the same too. and think for the people who don't want to see this kind of stuff (even if they are in the minority).
Queen Anime 99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2007, 10:24 PM   #349
Kirin-Riki

i see your point about our society sexualizing breasts. and i like the idea of gender equality, but somethings just don't work because of certain differences, you can't change natural rules, like men get the brawn, and women get to live longer. unless of course you take hormones or something stupid like that.
Kirin-Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2007, 08:43 PM   #350
Tomcat151

Is there a way to hide your things without tuking. (to painful)
Tomcat151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2007, 06:19 AM   #351
animeBecky21
Goofy girly user

Some wildly OT posts there. This isn't even the thread on making breasts -

To be honest this thread is really too long and people come in and come to the end and ask questions that have already been answered if you just read the thing through from the beginning. Don't know that that is anyone's fault necessarily, but the information could be presented in a way that's a lot more easy to find and use.

I think that it aught to be replaced with a new thread - combine the best info from this thread into individual posts discussing each technique with it's pro's and cons, no more than 2 or 3 pages long total, lock it and make it sticky. If someone comes up with something new to add, PM a moderator who can make the final call on adding it to the thread - or start a new post to discuss it which a mod can copy & paste to the locked thread. But there are only so many ways to hide the goodies - to oversimplify, either put it up, put it down, or wear tight underpants/tights/pantyhose and a loose skirt.

The same goes for the boobage thread, although it might take a few more pages since there's a wider variety of options, and it might go for the f->m threads as well.

Last edited by animeBecky21 : 01-26-2007 at 06:20 AM. Reason: The same goes for
animeBecky21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2007, 02:30 PM   #352
jerodo8008
Official Pocky Box!!!!!!!

this may seem odd, but what if the tape comes undone and you're wearing something really skimpy? do you run to the bathroom and whip out the superglue or what? ouch superglue...kidding
POCKY FANGIRLS UNITE!!!
Pocky 2.0 is complete!!!
jerodo8008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2007, 11:43 PM   #353
Emi's_Rage

***Delete***

Last edited by Emi's_Rage : 04-17-2008 at 11:29 PM.
Emi's_Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2007, 12:25 AM   #354
Saejima
Skadoche!

yes now i can cosplay mikhael and my friend will cosplay kurumi
Sho Minamimoto-TWEWY 5%
Original Cyberpunk Design- 0%

Founder and former member of KONEKO COSPLAY!
Saejima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2007, 11:39 PM   #355
KazakaiMiseri

*takes the time to read through all of this* there is def some interesting idea stuff going on in here *scribbles thigns down*
Unread 03-05-2007, 11:01 PM   #356
TsukasaAmou
Madkazer

There are so many pages so I haven't read them all and I don't really plan to seeing as I'm a girl. But I do have advice. I am in a preforming art and we do have guys and really tight uniforms that they have to fit into. what I recomend is a Dancer's Belt. it hold everything in and you can't see it through stuff. if this has been mentioned before I am sorry. But you can probably find them at any dance or ballet store, even check with your helpful internet browser Google ... anyway I hope this helps somewhat.
TsukasaAmou is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2007, 11:04 PM   #357
TsukasaAmou
Madkazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by animeBecky21 View Post
Some wildly OT posts there. This isn't even the thread on making breasts -

To be honest this thread is really too long and people come in and come to the end and ask questions that have already been answered if you just read the thing through from the beginning. Don't know that that is anyone's fault necessarily, but the information could be presented in a way that's a lot more easy to find and use.

I think that it aught to be replaced with a new thread - combine the best info from this thread into individual posts discussing each technique with it's pro's and cons, no more than 2 or 3 pages long total, lock it and make it sticky. If someone comes up with something new to add, PM a moderator who can make the final call on adding it to the thread - or start a new post to discuss it which a mod can copy & paste to the locked thread. But there are only so many ways to hide the goodies - to oversimplify, either put it up, put it down, or wear tight underpants/tights/pantyhose and a loose skirt.

The same goes for the boobage thread, although it might take a few more pages since there's a wider variety of options, and it might go for the f->m threads as well.
I kind of think, if you're really interested in the ideas, you'll read through it, and if it's too long, no big deal type it again. i'm sure people will re-post the answer again. But it's just an opinion, and your idea is good too ^^
TsukasaAmou is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2007, 12:40 PM   #358
Kristy_Kris

Hello I have thought about crossplaying for a long time but never really tried it. I have read this entire thread and I know the spot for my beans to go. I found it a wile ago by accident. It kind of freaked me out when one of my balls popped in to the slot talked about. I quickly pushed it right back out and thought what the heck was that. So I had no problem finding it again.

I am very, very skinny and Poteet (about a 4 or 5) and I am 5'-7" and 130 lbs with about 11% body fat. So I don't have that much room for my beans to fit in. The first time was only slightly painful about a one on a scale of one to ten. Ten being rolling around in pain like I was just kicked there. So I want out and bout a pack of panties to try and hold the tuck down because I don't want to use tape. Size 5 was the smallest I could find and one pair would not hold me in place so I had to use several to make a firm fit. I have a Gaff coming in the mail.

My problem is that I can not cross my lags like a girl would. With the tuck I have an incredible presser on my testis that is very uncomfortable. I would like to know from the skinny people that do this, weather or not it will get easier with practice and doing it often?

Last edited by Kristy_Kris : 03-14-2007 at 02:32 PM.
Kristy_Kris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2007, 04:37 PM   #359
Kawaii_Shoujo
Prettier than you!

I haven't posted here in a long time.

I don't have any useful techniques cause I don't have much of a need anymore.

It's still interesteng to read all of your ideas.

keep up the creative juices
Kawaii_Shoujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2007, 05:27 PM   #360
Kaoshima
Legendary Prosecutor

Does your wang hang low?
Does it wobble to and fro?
Can you tie it in a knot?
Can you tie it in a bow?
Can you throw it over your shoulder
Like a Continental Soldier?
Does your wang