Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 903 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 01-26-2004, 08:39 AM   #76
dani
Boots were made 4 walking

The hole is most definitely there. The "boys" weren't born in the sack they are now. They landed there through that hole a long time ago.

That doesn't necessarily mean they are athletic enough to jump back today. And honestly, I'm not sure if that's even necessary for a succesful crossplay.

It might take some time and effort, but you should try to find a position that works for you. One that is both comfortable and provides the look you desire.

In other words.... keep trying!

Luck..
Dani
dani is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-26-2004, 04:44 PM   #77
Leon
The Envy + Rage of Youmac

THis entire topic makes me wince....it seems so painful!

Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2004, 04:46 PM   #78
Mizuno Tenshi
Shiawase wa itsumo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBucket
This post is almost a year old. Let's see if the original poster is still around.

So...I got curious...and I decided to actually try it. Couldn't get it to work. In fact...feeling around along the area where the scrotum is attached I found no 'hole' or 'recessed area' or anything even large enough to push a finger into, let alone a testicle.

What am I missing? And...since no one else over five pages of replies over the course of a year has posted about having difficulty pulling it off, does that mean that I'm the only one who didn't get it, or the only one who actually tried?

Bucket Man

http://ocmartialarts.unixboxen.net
I'm still here. :P Honestly, I couldn't find the spot for a long time. It's there, it just may take quite a while to find it. And it won't be right along the edge of where the scrotum attaches, but in the middle of it. *shrugs*

Tenshi

"Normal is for those who can't do any better." - Me
Mizuno Tenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2004, 12:05 PM   #79
LuckInSpades

This is... very interesting. Its not something I have to worry about (*checks panties* Nope... no nuts), but I do have a cosplaying boyfriend. He hasn't gone the route of crossplay yet, and I don't know if he'll ever.

How this pertains is that a lot of the costumes I put him in require tight pants (Vincent, Gallon, etc.), and its, well, awkward. I have heard about a dancer's belt, but he's uncomfortable in briefs. Any suggestions?
Unread 02-02-2004, 01:49 PM   #80
Mizuno Tenshi
Shiawase wa itsumo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckInSpades
This is... very interesting. Its not something I have to worry about (*checks panties* Nope... no nuts), but I do have a cosplaying boyfriend. He hasn't gone the route of crossplay yet, and I don't know if he'll ever.

How this pertains is that a lot of the costumes I put him in require tight pants (Vincent, Gallon, etc.), and its, well, awkward. I have heard about a dancer's belt, but he's uncomfortable in briefs. Any suggestions?
Honestly, if he's portraying a male character, and then tucks, it would make him look more female, which I don't think you want. A dance belt makes things look LARGER, since everything in it is supposed to go UP. Just a pair of briefs would be the best suggestion. If he's uncomfortable in those, though, or you're worried about the waistband being too high, there's the option of lower cut men's styles, or you can put him in bikini/hipster panties, which are actually pretty nice...

But the tightness of the pants would be more problem than anything else. Just briefs, honestly... Tucking isn't for this situation.

Tenshi

Unread 02-02-2004, 06:24 PM   #81
LuckInSpades

You sure? Because I am talking about pieces being, well, sorta visible in tight pants. I didn't think tucking would be wise, but there's a difference between a bulge, and a roll of quarters in your pocket (blatant reference to "Where the Heart Is").
Unread 02-02-2004, 06:33 PM   #82
dani

If he's uncomfortable in briefs, then anything else in our bag of tricks will be definitely out of the question...

Maybe altering the costume so it's not so tight in the front area.

Luck...

Dani
Unread 02-03-2004, 03:31 AM   #83
LordBucket

Dani
>The hole is most definitely there. The "boys" weren't born in the sack
>they are now. They landed there through that hole a long time ago.

Well...I'm not disputing the biology of it...I just haven't been able to get it to work. I once had an instructor who claimed to have developed the very ability we are discussing to the point that he said he could pull them inside through musculature control without using his hands. I didn't really believe him when he first told me about it, but hearing others make similar claims has led me to reconsider. Again though...I haven't been able to do it myself, and again...I don't seem to find any passageways large enough to slide even a pinky into, let alone a testicle.

>That doesn't necessarily mean they are athletic enough to jump
>back today.

Athletic? Ok...interesting way of putting it. But...a lot of changes occur to a body over time. In foetal position, the bottom of ones feet curl around so that they are flush with ones butt. At birth the skull makes up about one third the overall length of the body. Etc. I'm just surprised to hear that the passage that they drop through remains large enough for them to pass through. I imagine that testicles are quite a bit smaller at birth than they are by adulthood. And since the passageway wouldn't (ordinarily) be used, I would just expect that the testicles would over time grow too large to fit back through it, since the passage would have no need to grow wider in proportion.

>And honestly, I'm not sure if that's even necessary
>for a succesful crossplay.

Well, no...obviously not...I was once a very succesfull Chun Li without any particular attention paid to tucking at all, but it would open up some new costume prospects. Kodachi Kuno, for instance...

Tenshi:
>I'm still here. :P Honestly, I couldn't find the spot for a long time.
>It's there, it just may take quite a while to find it. And it won't
>be right along the edge of where the scrotum attaches, but in
>the middle of it. *shrugs*

Hmm. I agree: *shrugs* Maybe I'll try again sometime, but I'm not sure what I could do differently.

Bucket Man
http://ocmartialarts.unixboxen.net
LordBucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2004, 08:24 AM   #84
Mizuno Tenshi
Shiawase wa itsumo.

Quote:
Athletic? Ok...interesting way of putting it. But...a lot of changes occur to a body over time. In foetal position, the bottom of ones feet curl around so that they are flush with ones butt. At birth the skull makes up about one third the overall length of the body. Etc. I'm just surprised to hear that the passage that they drop through remains large enough for them to pass through. I imagine that testicles are quite a bit smaller at birth than they are by adulthood. And since the passageway wouldn't (ordinarily) be used, I would just expect that the testicles would over time grow too large to fit back through it, since the passage would have no need to grow wider in proportion.
They actually drop down during puberty, later than you're thinking, so there isn't actually as much of a size difference.

Quote:
Kodachi Kuno, for instance...
Yeah, tucking is necessary to look feminine in leotards. I take ballet like that, actually... I know, I'm weird. I'm a male dancer who dances like a girl but isn't gay.

Quote:
Hmm. I agree: *shrugs* Maybe I'll try again sometime, but I'm not sure what I could do differently.
Just give it a lot of time. For a long while when I was first trying to do it, I thought the same thing as you. There's no where to push them in! But... it's there. You pretty much gotta move things around a fair amount and see if anything pops in, etc, etc...

Tenshi

Unread 02-03-2004, 05:20 PM   #85
LordBucket

Off topic...I suppose, but:

>I'm a male dancer who dances like a girl

I suppose if you can pull it off. That was actually why I lost interest in Ballet. Us guys just aren't shaped right for it. Most often male Ballet dancers look awkward unless they're Russian, or playing King Mouse.

>but isn't gay.

I don't know...I did Ballet for less than a year, but it seemed to me that there were actually very few gay dancers. Even the ones that from day one I had pegged as exhuberantly flaming all turned out to be married.

Bucket Man
LordBucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2004, 12:41 AM   #86
dani

I just posted a whole bunch of pics in my gallery, under the folder "Cabaret". The idea for taking those pics was to show the results of my tucking.

And I DIDN'T move the nuts up, so if you don't feel comfortable trying that ... don't do it.

Enjoy...

Dani
Unread 02-24-2004, 07:07 PM   #87
Lander

ahh tucking one of the thousand uses for Duck Tape.. after a while and with practice i can go like 6 hours tucked and even make a little divit for the "camel toe" which for the catgirl really worked out well. and yea when you can tuck in a thong then ya know youve done it WAYYYY too much
Lander is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2004, 03:04 PM   #88
Forlorn79
=|01001111?

Question Depth

I have tried stuff like this before, but never "inside" the body. There just doesn't seem to be any inside room, but I could be missing something. I am worried that even if I find a small space, try and force them in, I may be damaging the vas deferens or veins in the process. I could have larger than normal testicles, or maybe even a hernia that's blocking things up. Maybe someone can describe where they actually go, in relation to the scrotum, tubes, or other landmarks. I mean, should they protrude at all, and if so, what percentage of them? Most of the time, I pull things back, but I would like to know if there is something more I can do.
Forlorn79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2004, 03:23 PM   #89
dani

I tried both ways and didn't see much difference. Nowadays I pull everything back and keep all in place with a tight girdle. As you can see from my Cabaret gallery, it seems to be enough.

The main point, with either pulling back or moving them up, is that IT MUST NOT HURT. As soon as it hurts it's a sign to try someting different. Keep trying till you find a comfortable position.

Good luck...
Dani
Unread 03-11-2004, 05:29 PM   #90
asmodeus
nothing good

i can tuck pretty well (too bad i dont have a pic) but where i tuck is kind of above the schlong to the upper left and right, i just find some kind of flappy sacko thinghie. hard to explain

P.S. dani, where did you buy that corset?
asmodeus is offline   Reply With Quote