Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Yaoi-Con

Unread 09-25-2008, 10:58 PM   #1
Schuldig_
Optical illusion

Last minute-panic?

Are you covered in wig dye? Are your seams ripping and you forgot to bring a sewing kit? Costume wrinkled and mangled in transit? Skit giving you problems? In that case, you know how I'm feeling right now. *sighs*
I know most of you are probably too busy to sit in front of the computer, but if you're not and feel the need to vent about all the things that had to go wrong now, of all days, feel free to do so here.

"Don't engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man." (Crawford, courtesy of Aoe, in this case)
Schuldig_ is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-25-2008, 11:26 PM   #2
Ashadeus

I'm penniless and naked, as far as this con goes.

Left primary, essential pieces of my Aya costume on the other side of the country; they're living uselessly in my girlfriend's basement, recovering from Otakon.

And I've no money to spare to get transportation to the con, much less a room (though I was just going to wander the halls all night anyway, invest in some canned espresso, etc.), so-- it looks like this con's scrapped for me.

Which sucks. Hard. 'Cause there's Weiss stuff happening. Without me. Meh.

I sympathize with you, jealously.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/RedrinArt

Specializing in lolita, steampunk, EGL, victorian gothic and most alternative styles, we know how to make what you want to wear.
Ashadeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2008, 11:37 PM   #3
Yukari Kaiba
LIKE A BOSS

my Tres Iqus cosplay is no where near being close enough to being wearable, let alone finished D: so i'm going to have to postpone its debut. makes me sad really cause i was going to be a part of a TB group with some friends and i feel like i'm going to let them down because i wasn't able to finish *curse school and work for getting in the way of it all DX*

2013 Cosplay!
Kuroko Tetsuya (Kuroko no Basket)COMPLETE!
Alibaba Saluja (Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic)COMPLETE!
Hige (Wolf's Rain)COMPLETE!
Sanada Yukimura, Revoltech limited edition variant (Sengoku BASARA)COMPLETE!
Subway Master Nobori (Pokemon Black&White)COMPLETE!
Candlehead (Sugar Rush!/Wreck-It Ralph)COMPLETE!
Scrafty (Pokemon Black&White)COMPLETE!
Hatsune Miku, Magnet variant (Vocaloid)COMPLETE!
Skull Kid (Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask)
Yukari Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2008, 12:52 AM   #4
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashadeus View Post
I'm penniless and naked, as far as this con goes.

Left primary, essential pieces of my Aya costume on the other side of the country; they're living uselessly in my girlfriend's basement, recovering from Otakon.

And I've no money to spare to get transportation to the con, much less a room (though I was just going to wander the halls all night anyway, invest in some canned espresso, etc.), so-- it looks like this con's scrapped for me.

Which sucks. Hard. 'Cause there's Weiss stuff happening. Without me. Meh.

I sympathize with you, jealously.
awww.. sorry to hear you can't make it.. I will take lots o' pics for you to see.

I'm still posting pictures from Otakon, and trying to finish them before I continue what little packing I have to do. No costumes, but making sure all my camera-equipment is packed, and that I have all directions printed-out to/from the con. PlusI have to go pick up a friend in the earrrly morning, so i'm not going to get a lot of sleep this weekend..

See you all tomorrow!
"This is your job. You want a clear conscience, go start a charity. But if you want your own photography business, and your cosplayer boss says you gotta go out there and take a photo-shoot, go out there, take it, come back to work, and say "DO YOU NEED ME TO DO IT AGAIN?!!"

Last edited by Eurobeat King : 09-26-2008 at 12:57 AM.
Eurobeat King is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2008, 06:43 PM   #5
Schuldig_
Optical illusion

Aww, I'm sorry to hear you guys are having trouble. Guess I shouldn't be complaining; at least I'm here and somewhat in order (well, by now).

Ashadeus, I'm so sorry you can't make it! I was looking forward to seeing your Aya - let's hope there'll be another chance as you do him great justice.

Eurobeat, I assume you made it in one piece since I met you not too long ago (not sure you knew it was me, though, I was the white Schuldig with flower shop Ran to match... or clash, call it whatever you will. *g* I think I was too stressed to introduce myself properly.

And, to get back on topic... am still panicking about tomorrow's cosplays and will probably spend all night working on it... ugh. Wigs to be cut, buttons gone missing and contacts acting up... and we're only a few hours into the con... oh joy.

"Don't engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man." (Crawford, courtesy of Aoe, in this case)
Schuldig_ is offline   Reply With Quote