Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Youmacon

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-23-2009, 04:20 PM   #151
RangerIvy
U.S.F Alpah Unit Lt.

Its cool im sure there will be bunches of people who want to volunteer. I am finishing up two last min weapon commissions. When it comes to sweet custom made props im good at what i do. lol. I have a custom desert eagle and a 454 custom to finish.

As a general note if you are going to the con and you miss the shoots and you still want to be in the movie call me or find one of my assitant directors there will be two there i believe. Jasiel (Jay) Cosplaying Dante
Shanks Cosplaying RE 1 Jill and a Umbrella Scientist and who knows what elses she may have but she is in Vol opps also.
Anime Next

J-Fex (grand rapids MI)
OtaCon
Wizard World Chicago (Chicago, IL)
Anime Iowa
Mid Ohio Con (columbus, OH)
MatsuriCon (Worthington, OH)

YoumaCon (Dearborn, MI)
Fary Con (Blatimore, MD)
MidWest Fur Fest (Chicago, IL)

Active Cosplays:
Hunk (Resident evil)
Big Daddy (Bioshock)
Nemesis (Resident Evil 3)
Solder 2nd class (FF7)

http://umb241reaper.deviantart.com/
RangerIvy is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-23-2009, 07:20 PM   #152
Ms.chif
Ms.Chif

Hey, Like I never been to Youma I don't know where were meeting up for the photo shoots or the movie? All I know is that it's on a Friday and a Saturday.......But what times. Sorry I feel like a Broken record, but I kind of need to know. So excited for this movie thing, and seeing you guys again!

In the works!

C2E2 Chicago 13: Poison Ivy
Acen 13:
*Jade (Mortal Kombat 9)
*Super Sailor Mars (Sailor Moon)
*Manuela Hidalgo (Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles)
*Gag cosplay for saturday night: Jwoww (Jersey Shore.....Have a snooki too! LOL)
Ms.chif is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2009, 08:00 PM   #153
KNIVES5991
wesker cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1KKu View Post
Yeah, apparently I heard someone doing that or trying to do that at a convention with a real gun and an orange tip; either that or it was outside a con. I think what they should at least do is require you to check in said weapon and have it tagged with a special zip tie or band so they know its been ok'ed by security. Hell, I have a zip tie on one of my guns still from a few years ago. Besides, it doesnt fire without the battery in, it has a safety on it, and I never have it loaded nor bring bb's to a con. Someone wanted to try it out and shoot it outside at Youma '07 and I said "no". He even had bb's and a battery with him.

Oh, and about volunteering, Ranger.... I may or may not be able to. We'll have to see. I just took 1 (maybe 2) wig commissions for the convention, and I might be stuck in my room styling away at them. I do hope I can get those outta the way quick so I can help you guys out.

yeah all they should do is CHECK the props. put something there or on the prop to indacte that it's been checked. i get that some people will and i mean WILL be totall a$$wipes over the whole thing and try to bring in a real gun or a loaded airsoft gun and try to harm people BUT it's up to con security to stop/catch those people. for those people like ME who are just there to cosplay and have a good time and not hurt anyone, well you get the point.
KNIVES5991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2009, 12:13 AM   #154
eisblitz

So I went on a Zombie bar crawl tonight, and with the makeup and FX that I did for myself, I was undoubtedly probably one of the best dressed zombies out of hundreds. I'll have a foto later.
eisblitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2009, 11:07 AM   #155
KNIVES5991
wesker cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisblitz View Post
So I went on a Zombie bar crawl tonight, and with the makeup and FX that I did for myself, I was undoubtedly probably one of the best dressed zombies out of hundreds. I'll have a foto later.
well that's cool!^^ and youma is only 4 days away!
COUNTDOWNMODE!!!!
Unread 10-25-2009, 01:58 PM   #156
Chibi Lenne
Ghoulia

Ya, I went to a Zombie Walk yesterday, definitely has me in the mood. YA excited for Youma!

2013 Cosplay Plans
Queen Elsa / Coronation Elsa / La Carlotta / Miss Frizzle / Vocaloid... thing
Follow me on Facebook for more updates
Costume Con 32!! Toronto 2014
Chibi Lenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2009, 02:57 PM   #157
lunaladyoflight
Glitter Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerIvy View Post
I have Doug he is going to be taking pics for us. The investors want me to put together a cast list buy November. So I just got the script from my friends and the additions from the NY film academy should prove to be interesting. They basics this we are going get the last roles filled as soon as possible and i half to build a profile on each person with a picture in and out of costume. measurements for costumes and notations about the characters.

For those who want or need it here is my number 740-405-2036. Call if you have any questions of problems also i`m the A.D.H. of Vol. opps. so if your thinking about doing that hit me up.
Am I the only one amused that you're choosing people with zero acting experience, and that have no idea how to act let alone for the camera?

Last edited by lunaladyoflight : 10-25-2009 at 03:04 PM.
lunaladyoflight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2009, 10:13 PM   #158
Ms.chif
Ms.Chif

Well to answer that statement, for myself. I've actually taken classes for modeling and acting, and have done numerous plays. In my case my only problem is her accent (which is English, which is easy for most people to do, but I'm guessing I'll put my own twist to it, but still keep it original). But I think people will do just fine. Also the cosplaying part (looking like the character) does set the mood, and it helps actors a lot in feeling who their portraying. It'd be much easier once you get into it, and not care what others think. Except for (of course) the director and writer who are the ones visioning it scene by scene .

In the works!

Acen 13:
*Jade (Mortal Kombat 9)
*Gag cosplay for saturday night: Jwoww (Jersey Shore.....Have a snooki too! LOL)
Unread 10-25-2009, 11:58 PM   #159
lunaladyoflight
Glitter Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.chif View Post
Well to answer that statement, for myself. I've actually taken classes for modeling and acting, and have done numerous plays. In my case my only problem is her accent (which is English, which is easy for most people to do, but I'm guessing I'll put my own twist to it, but still keep it original). But I think people will do just fine. Also the cosplaying part (looking like the character) does set the mood, and it helps actors a lot in feeling who their portraying. It'd be much easier once you get into it, and not care what others think. Except for (of course) the director and writer who are the ones visioning it scene by scene .
Good to know at least someone has an idea of what acting is. I spent my entire life honing my craft and have a Bachelors of Fine Arts. I just find it amusing when one picks their friends and doesn't hold auditions. The outcome is never what is originally intended.
Unread 10-26-2009, 08:42 AM   #160
Ms.chif
Ms.Chif

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunaladyoflight View Post
Good to know at least someone has an idea of what acting is. I spent my entire life honing my craft and have a Bachelors of Fine Arts. I just find it amusing when one picks their friends and doesn't hold auditions. The outcome is never what is originally intended.
Awesomeness! Actually currently on my way to getting my Bachelors at Columbia college! Well I'm extra excited to see all of you! *high fives lunaladyoflight. XD

In the works!

Acen 13:
*Jade (Mortal Kombat 9)
Unread 10-26-2009, 12:28 PM   #161
Missha
Super Turbo Nerdy.

Take lots of pictures for me guys!
Missha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2009, 02:45 PM   #162
KNIVES5991
wesker cosplayer

well i'm currently attending college and have my mind set for film as a career.

so i have to take all the art programs right now.

but in the end it'll all be worth it.

either way i'm looking forward to this.

and missha don't worry we'll get tons of pics for you.
Unread 10-26-2009, 03:05 PM   #163
Missha
Super Turbo Nerdy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNIVES5991 View Post
well i'm currently attending college and have my mind set for film as a career.

so i have to take all the art programs right now.

but in the end it'll all be worth it.

either way i'm looking forward to this.

and missha don't worry we'll get tons of pics for you.
Thank you!
I feel crappy I have to miss out I just got my new Claire outfit today too! -_-
I could of gone, I have no work but my brother bailed on me T_T
Missha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2009, 05:38 PM   #164
KNIVES5991
wesker cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missha View Post
Thank you!
I feel crappy I have to miss out I just got my new Claire outfit today too! -_-
I could of gone, I have no work but my brother bailed on me T_T
your welcome.

it really does suck that you can't come though
Unread 10-26-2009, 07:57 PM   #165
RangerIvy
U.S.F Alpah Unit Lt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunaladyoflight View Post
Am I the only one amused that you're choosing people with zero acting experience, and that have no idea how to act let alone for the camera?
My apology my invitation was very open. Just because i want certain pictures dosen`t mean that i have excluded anyone. All of the roles are technically still open nothing has been officially assigned. In the simplistic fact that this is being privately funded is why my investors want to review the choices that i make for the parts. If you want to be a part of something just say so. i have posted multiple times that i want people involved, If you have acting experiences step up and get casted otherwise quit being rude and derogatory toward other people. Its not a nice way to make friends I highly doubt you know the credentials of every person that i mentioned or myself for that matter.
Anime Next

J-Fex (grand rapids MI)
OtaCon
Wizard World Chicago (Chicago, IL)
Anime Iowa
Mid Ohio Con (columbus, OH)
MatsuriCon (Worthington, OH)

YoumaCon (Dearborn, MI)
Fary Con (Blatimore, MD)
MidWest Fur Fest (Chicago, IL)

Active Cosplays:
Hunk (Resident evil)