Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Youmacon

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-16-2009, 11:43 AM   #61
R1KKu

I know! Im so excited!

So, how's everyones costume progress? Or are you guys finished? Im trying to finish up a Jill costume. Went with a corset top over the tube top but I think it turned out shorter than I was hoping. It still looks great though. I still have 3 Ada costumes I can bring in case, lol.

I think Im gonna be stuck bringing the rocket launcher; the website still says that airsofts arent allowed.
R1KKu is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-16-2009, 12:32 PM   #62
Hiyoko-chan
::Totally Toasty Teeny::

i was definitely thinking of girls of RE shoot too! XD so i'm game XD

So are they still stuck on the no airsoft gun rule? i knew there was talk of them uplifting it as long as you left the magazine with them and some other regulations.. its kinda hard to do an RE cosplay without any weapons -__- the only one i can think of now for Ada is a fake crossbow of some sort lol XD

+ COSPLAY SALE & COMMISSIONS + - http://www.totallytoasty.com/Photo.html

Catch me over here too!
Deviantart - http://hiyoko-chan.deviantart.com/
Youtube - http://www.youtube.com/user/xHiyokoChanx
Hiyoko-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2009, 04:34 PM   #63
Chibi Lenne
Ghoulia

No airsofts huh? I thought I read somewhere they were forgoing that this year. Not that it helps me any, I still don't want to risk bringing those across the boarder, they're just way to anal about that kind of thing.

2013 Cosplay Plans
Queen Elsa / Coronation Elsa / La Carlotta / Miss Frizzle / Vocaloid... thing
Follow me on Facebook for more updates
Costume Con 35 Will be RETURNING to Toronto 2017!!
Chibi Lenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2009, 05:18 PM   #64
Dragoxicon
YOU ARE MY CHEWTOY NOW!

ZOMG! HAI GUYZ!

I completely forgot about the thread here. I'm basically wearing Cerberus the entire con except an hour for another shoot. Thankfully it shall be 100% done by Youma. The only thing that's getting in the way of work is the fact that latex fumes are slowly killing me and no one seems to trust me with a soldering gun. I can guarantee photos up a few days before the con.

(Was wondering about thriller dance...? Not sure how people would feel about that now though.)

My Official Cosplay List:

Adjule (Resident Evil 5) : WIP,
Cerberus (Resident Evil 1-3 +) : WIP, Youmacon 09
Iron Maiden (Resident Evil 4): WIP
Licker (Assorted Resident Evil's):WIP
Bandersnatch (Resident Evil CV ) :WIP Maybe ACEN 09
Cerberus (Devil May Cry 3): WIP, Youmacon 09
Dragoxicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2009, 09:12 AM   #65
vannadear

I'm pretty sure I'll be wearing my Jill Valentine on Friday (Movie Version) as I'll have my Lydia Juice (Femme Beetlejuice) costume for Saturday/Halloween

Upcoming Conventions
Shuto-con [March 2011]~Motor City Comic Con {May 2011}~Detroit Fanfare [Sept 2011]~Youmacon {Oct 2011}
vannadear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2009, 12:54 PM   #66
Straywind
Lost in Silent Hill...

I'm starting to make some progress on my Rebecca costume mostly with the bought clothing aspects of her outfit. I really need to start working on the vest, pouches and belts but I should be able to get it done in time for Youmacon. It looks like it's going to be an awesome year for RE Cosplayers. (^^) My current plan is to Cosplay Maria (Silent Hill 2) on Friday and wear Rebecca on Saturday.

As it currently stands Youmacon has a horror shoot set for 10PM on Saturday. We can also do a separate RE shoot.

Anime North Costume Plans:
Princess Peach (Mario Tennis Outfit), Princess Peach (Super Mario Bros.), Sailor Moon, Usagi (School Uniform from Sailor Moon)

Straywind is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2009, 02:57 PM   #67
Missha
Super Turbo Nerdy.

Well, I can't really post progress info without giving my costume away sooo...I'll just not keep it a secret xD There's only so many Claires you can choose from so :P

I'll be bringing my Code Veronica Claire, not sure which day, but I'll figure it out! ^_^
And my other Claire is the CV Battle mode Claire. The sunglasses, white go-go boots and all! haha, it'll be interesting to wear. It's been worked on now.
I'm getting my Claire wig back soon I kinda destroyed it with a hangnail and got it stuck >_> so it's been sent off for fixing ^^

Can't wait to see you all there!
Missha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2009, 09:54 AM   #68
R1KKu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straywind View Post
I'm starting to make some progress on my Rebecca costume mostly with the bought clothing aspects of her outfit. I really need to start working on the vest, pouches and belts but I should be able to get it done in time for Youmacon. It looks like it's going to be an awesome year for RE Cosplayers. (^^) My current plan is to Cosplay Maria (Silent Hill 2) on Friday and wear Rebecca on Saturday.

As it currently stands Youmacon has a horror shoot set for 10PM on Saturday. We can also do a separate RE shoot.
Cool cool. Rebecca rarely gets cosplayed.

So I guess the horror shoot includes multiple games, not just RE. I think we should do like a Friday shoot just for RE.
Unread 09-19-2009, 09:44 PM   #69
Hiyoko-chan
::Totally Toasty Teeny::

if we did the RE shoot friday i can make it that's the only day i plan on wearing Ada, saturday is already packed for me X/ does any1 know if there's going to be a zombie group cosplaying this year? i remember there was one last year, i'm just curious if they'd be around friday or saturday if there is one lol though one of my friends might be one.. so there's one at least XD

+ COSPLAY SALE & COMMISSIONS + - http://www.totallytoasty.com/Photo.html

Catch me over here too!
Deviantart - http://hiyoko-chan.deviantart.com/
Youtube - http://www.youtube.com/user/xHiyokoChanx
Hiyoko-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2009, 10:10 AM   #70
Ms.chif
Ms.Chif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straywind View Post

That sounds like a great idea! Were Having a Rebecca!! Finally! I have never seen one! I have to get a pic with you girl! LOL. Well Actually for my Tribal Sheva I just need to finish my Shoes and 3 of the necklaces and I'm all done. Been kind of lazy though, with school work and tests (damn college!) But can't wait counting down the days! Hey are you guys passing out Candy for Halloween? Oh I know, we should all have....like a Halloween/RE Shoot. "How RE celebrates Halloween!" How does that sound to you guys?

In the works!

C2E2 Chicago 13: Poison Ivy
Acen 13:
*Jade (Mortal Kombat 9)
*Super Sailor Mars (Sailor Moon)
*Manuela Hidalgo (Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles)
*Gag cosplay for saturday night: Jwoww (Jersey Shore.....Have a snooki too! LOL)
Ms.chif is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2009, 12:59 PM   #71
R1KKu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.chif View Post
That sounds like a great idea! Were Having a Rebecca!! Finally! I have never seen one! I have to get a pic with you girl! LOL. Well Actually for my Tribal Sheva I just need to finish my Shoes and 3 of the necklaces and I'm all done. Been kind of lazy though, with school work and tests (damn college!) But can't wait counting down the days! Hey are you guys passing out Candy for Halloween? Oh I know, we should all have....like a Halloween/RE Shoot. "How RE celebrates Halloween!" How does that sound to you guys?
I can see about bringing a bag or 2. My dad usually buys way more than we give out.

....I still wanna make those cookies though. Maybe Ill give it another go.
Unread 09-24-2009, 08:58 AM   #72
Ms.chif
Ms.Chif

Ahhhh! Do it, from the pics the last time, they looked really Yummy! Cookies and Candy! I'll bring like maybe 2 bags, Sugar high anyone? lol! You guys going trick or treating?

In the works!

Acen 13:
*Jade (Mortal Kombat 9)
*Gag cosplay for saturday night: Jwoww (Jersey Shore.....Have a snooki too! LOL)
Unread 09-24-2009, 09:32 PM   #73
Missha
Super Turbo Nerdy.

Resident Evil and candy...what could be better?
Missha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2009, 10:17 PM   #74
R1KKu

A convention on Halloween.....

and zombies.
Unread 09-25-2009, 08:41 AM   #75
Ms.chif
Ms.Chif

Agreed!

In the works!

Acen 13:
*Jade (Mortal Kombat 9)