Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 66 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-07-2009, 02:22 PM   #1531
PluieEnfant
Returning

Yeah, it sucks when that happens. >< Well, for now it's three people. Her and her sister will be paying as two people. Does it matter to you to stay Thursday night? I wouldn't mind driving the two hours Friday morning, but I don't remember where you live and what's convenient for you. It'll be around $200 split between the four of us if we stay for three nights. A little more if we stay four nights. If we found a fifth person, we'd only pay about $160 for three nights. >.>

2011 Conventions:+metrocon+ax+

Currently Working On:
Taki Reizen (Hyakujitsu no Bara)
Gauche Suede (Tegami Bachi)
PluieEnfant is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-07-2009, 02:26 PM   #1532
kayndekayne
Mars Make up power

The thursday is fine for me. I would just rather stay with a group of people so it's not some big finacial burden on anyone. The only thing now is a ride. I could have my Boyfriend drive me but idk if he will be too happy driving there and then back. My friend was my friend was my ride there, but idk yet we will see. What groups are you guys doing? I dont wanna be walking around and you guys are all matching and im not lol. But I would gladly stay with you guys to help out with the bill.
kayndekayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2009, 02:37 PM   #1533
PluieEnfant
Returning

Are you in Orlando? Geez. I forgot. Too many people in this thread that are spread out. XD Well, she and I are doing Tsubasa and then I'll be doing Elfen Lied with a group on here. So, I'm pretty split up. She and I don't tend to stay together throughout the whole con anyway and her sister doesn't cosplay. You'll be able to meet with the others in this thread who are going, so you won't have to stay with us the whole time. We tend to get boring. :/ Anyway, this isn't official. I need to find more people and then I need to figure out how we're going to pay for this. If we pay it all up front, it's cheaper. But I don't know if the credit card holder has to be there. ><

Currently Working On:
Unread 04-07-2009, 02:42 PM   #1534
onewingedjade
Escaping Reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayndekayne View Post
So I hate all of you . Kidding
Im so stuck. A friend of mine and I are suppose to be going to metro, Now all of a sudden she has barley talked to me and everytime i bring up the subject about our hotel room she drifts away from it. UGH! makes me so mad because the two costumes we are doing are couple cosplays, well one is the other is a secret.
Makes me so mad because it's 2 months away and she hasnt bothered even trying to make plans.

Mmm, hate to say it, but you might wanna give up on her. If she's avoiding you and such, she's clearly not down for it anymore. Whenever people pull that crap I just look them straight in the eye and ask them straight out, 'hey, do you not want to do this anymore or what?' Life's too short!

2014 Cosplays: Chun Li - SF, Chell - Portal, Felicia - Darkstalkers
onewingedjade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2009, 02:44 PM   #1535
kayndekayne
Mars Make up power

No the credit card holder dosent have to be there. As long as the room is under your name. Im in west palm so im a bit far from everyone else. Ill figure it out. IM just sooo mad that I have to re think my cosplay ideas, Especially because I already spent money on the materials for the other ones. I hate people who do this kinda crap.
Unread 04-07-2009, 02:46 PM   #1536
onewingedjade
Escaping Reality

Awe man, that sucks that you already spent the materials on it. I've done that before, and two years later I'm just now getting around to using them :P

Eh, keep your head up and make the most of what you've got. Partners are cool, but one good quality cosplay is just as cool.

2014 Cosplays: Chun Li - SF, Chell - Portal, Felicia - Darkstalkers

Last edited by onewingedjade : 04-07-2009 at 02:46 PM. Reason: spelling
onewingedjade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2009, 02:47 PM   #1537
kayndekayne
Mars Make up power

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewingedjade View Post
Mmm, hate to say it, but you might wanna give up on her. If she's avoiding you and such, she's clearly not down for it anymore. Whenever people pull that crap I just look them straight in the eye and ask them straight out, 'hey, do you not want to do this anymore or what?' Life's too short!
Seriously. She got all pissy at me because I said I prob wouldnt be able to go because my money situation really took a plunge, but thankfully it went back up and i am able to go. and idk if this is a sick joke but it really isnt funny.
Unread 04-07-2009, 02:48 PM   #1538
PluieEnfant
Returning

Well, if that's the case, then hopefully we can get a fifth person. Oh yeah. That's kind of far and in the opposite direction. Aren't there other people here who live close to that area? I'm sure you can hitch a ride with somebody, if you're comfortable.

You can always find another way to use the materials you have. Do you still have the receipt? Perhaps you can return the things if it hasn't been too long. I'm sorry this happened to you. Some friend. ><

Currently Working On:
Unread 04-07-2009, 02:52 PM   #1539
kayndekayne
Mars Make up power

Quote:
Originally Posted by PluieEnfant View Post
Well, if that's the case, then hopefully we can get a fifth person. Oh yeah. That's kind of far and in the opposite direction. Aren't there other people here who live close to that area? I'm sure you can hitch a ride with somebody, if you're comfortable.

You can always find another way to use the materials you have. Do you still have the receipt? Perhaps you can return the things if it hasn't been too long. I'm sorry this happened to you. Some friend. ><
Im looking at my other cosplay ideas to see if maybe they would work for anything else but *sigh* it isnt looking too good. and it kill sme because I had set it all up to have the Fai costume done and she was like NO! I got an idea so I cancelled all of the fai stuff. and I really dont wanna go as myself to a con, its lame.
Unread 04-07-2009, 02:52 PM   #1540
Guardian Sin
I glow so I must be GOD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PluieEnfant View Post
Yeah, it sucks when that happens. >< Well, for now it's three people. Her and her sister will be paying as two people. Does it matter to you to stay Thursday night? I wouldn't mind driving the two hours Friday morning, but I don't remember where you live and what's convenient for you. It'll be around $200 split between the four of us if we stay for three nights. A little more if we stay four nights. If we found a fifth person, we'd only pay about $160 for three nights. >.>
Would it be okay if I shared a room with you too?Only problem would be that I had someone who was planning on sharing a room with me. She's the one I'm trying to get to go as Mayu.
Unread 04-07-2009, 03:03 PM   #1541
PluieEnfant
Returning

@kayndekayne: >.> Wow. Geez. You should save the stuff for now or it would still be cool for you to do at least one of your cosplays. Even without a partner, it's still nice to cosplay. I'm sure you'll get good comments. ^^ Cosplaying as yourself is fine too. I do it once in a while, when I'm too lazy to dress up. XD

@Guardian: It's fine with me. Are you all comfortable sharing a room with five other people? There are two double beds, one bathroom. Of course, I could ask for a fold up bed for one person and I'll sleep on the floor. I don't care. I actually prefer the floor to the beds. >.> As weird as I am...

Currently Working On:
Unread 04-07-2009, 03:07 PM   #1542
kayndekayne
Mars Make up power

I dont care how many people are in the room, A weekend away from my son (I love him like crazy but he drives me crazy sometimes) is a weekend away from my son, lol. Im just gonna go as Felicia from Darkstalkers. It's something ive been wanting to do for a while and the costume is so WOW on it's own I dont need a partner lol.
Unread 04-07-2009, 03:11 PM   #1543
PluieEnfant
Returning

It's always good to have a vacation from the kids. I tell my parents that but they don't get the hint. XD Well, this isn't at all official. Whether or not you guys plan on staying with my friends and I, we'll still get a hotel room. Only for Friday to Monday though. So, for the next few weeks, keep me updated on your hotel plans.

Currently Working On:
Unread 04-07-2009, 03:27 PM   #1544
NaturesDaughter
Nature Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayndekayne View Post
Doubt it. I talked to her like 3 days ago and she was like "Oh im busy, Ill call you back" and she never called back. I text her and I get nothing, So I call and her phone is off.
I think you misunderstood me. I didn't mean something happen to her like a terrible accident. I meant did something terrible happen to her that affected her emotional or mental stability.

"We'll make you beautiful like the cloud."
-Tagline of a wig company
NaturesDaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2009, 03:28 PM   #1545
kayndekayne
Mars Make up power

Well pretty much im not gonna have any other hotel plans, unless my BF want's to go. Which I highly doubt cause he thinks anime kids are weird. But we will see what goes on, anything can happen from now till then. Im always up for staying with you guys though.