Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 88 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-13-2009, 11:55 AM   #1651
kayndekayne
Mars Make up power

Waaaah I know street fighter! I am in love with C.Viper, Chun Li sakura and cammy!
kayndekayne is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-13-2009, 12:04 PM   #1652
PluieEnfant
Returning

@kayndekayne: Well, I'll tell you my (cheapity-cheap-ghetto) way of doing it. XD You take strips of newspaper or magazine and dunk them into a mixture of 1 part elmer's glue, 1 part water. There are actual recipes for the mixture that use a bunch of other stuff, but I like to use glue and water only because I'm too lazy to get anything else. XD Then you just paste it on nice and flat on the surface. Just go around the whole thing, letting the paper overlap and make at least two or three layers. When it's completely dry, you can sand it down to make it even smoother.

@mugen: Blah. *throws you out window* XD Yes, of course I've played Street Fighter. If there's someone here who hasn't, I'm going to toss you out of my metaphorical window!

2011 Conventions:+metrocon+ax+

Currently Working On:
Taki Reizen (Hyakujitsu no Bara)
Gauche Suede (Tegami Bachi)
PluieEnfant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2009, 12:09 PM   #1653
kayndekayne
Mars Make up power

Ahhh ok. I knew it was something like that with flour and wall paper paste (confused) Ill try that. I found a good tutorial on how to make a helmet shape out of cardhoard and glue lol. So we will see how that works.
Unread 04-13-2009, 12:16 PM   #1654
PluieEnfant
Returning

You can add flour too. I mean, there's a lot of ways to do it and it depends on how sticky you really want it to be. Do whatever works best for you. :]

Currently Working On:
Unread 04-13-2009, 12:17 PM   #1655
kayndekayne
Mars Make up power

Ya we will see. Im starting on my felicia as we speak. I bought some really good like blanket type material that was super cheap and its fluffy 2 yards was like 8 bucks. I love walmart

Last edited by kayndekayne : 04-13-2009 at 12:31 PM.
Unread 04-13-2009, 03:35 PM   #1656
NaturesDaughter
Nature Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugensc View Post
By the way Pluie, have you or anyone played Street Fighter? Seems like no one knows whenever I bring it up XD Not that popular at some cons I assume. I might as well be Ryu also since everyone knows him
I never really played one of the main Street Fighter games, but I used to play one of the spinoffs a bunch of times because someone I knew had it, and we would go to her house sometimes. It was called Super Gem Fighter Mini Mix(Also known as Pocket Fighters), and everyone in it were chibis (^o^) ! They had 8 characters from Street Fighter, 3 from Darkstalkers, and 1 from Red Earth.

~The person I always played was Morrigan from Darkstalkers. Also, this is the reason why I thought the actual Street Fighter characters looked weird, because I played with the chibi characters before I saw the actual characters~

"We'll make you beautiful like the cloud."
-Tagline of a wig company
NaturesDaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2009, 03:39 PM   #1657
Guardian Sin
I glow so I must be GOD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PluieEnfant View Post
@summer: You can either paint them on or you can iron them on then sew over it for reinforcement. Ironing them on might come out cleaner actually. You'd only have to iron on the hearts. The checker pattern fabric can be found somewheres and with the stripe part on the skirt, it's actually possible to sew different pieces together and wouldn't be too difficult.

@the people who were planning to room with me at Metro: FOR SOME REASON, THERE DOESN'T SEEM TO BE ANY ROOMS WITH MORE THAN 1 KING BED. >< >< >< So, my friend and I are planning on getting a room at the Marriott 3 minutes away. It's actually cheaper for 2 double beds and 1 roll away bed then at the Embassy. If there's 5 people paying, it'll be about $80 each or so. Muchhh cheaper. So yes, tell me again if you're planning on staying with me. I forgot who it was already. -__-
Well its cheaper and still way closer than where most of us lives....3 minutes driving or walking distance((Depending on traffic))?
....And I'm planning on staying with you!(( With a friend if that's okay XD))
Unread 04-13-2009, 03:53 PM   #1658
PluieEnfant
Returning

Yeah...3 minutes is better than 2 hours. -__-;; It's a 3 minute drive. It'll be summertime, but I'll probably end up walking. My friend wants to drive her huge SUV because she's picky like that, but eh...at least I won't have to worry about parking. :]
Well, it's my friend, her sister and I. And we have space for three more. So fight it out amongst yourselves. XD She and her sister will share a bed, two more people will share the other bed, someone will get the rollaway bed, and I'll stash myself in a suitcase.

Currently Working On:
Unread 04-13-2009, 04:02 PM   #1659
kayndekayne
Mars Make up power

Im gonna room with you guys. I cannot depend on this girl anymore! Nothing is getting done and I AM GOING TO METRO! (angry face) Ill bring a freggin air matress if I have too.
Unread 04-13-2009, 04:07 PM   #1660
Guardian Sin
I glow so I must be GOD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayndekayne View Post
Ill bring a freggin air matress if I have too.
Oooh!!! Same here!!! I don't take up much room either!
Unread 04-13-2009, 04:09 PM   #1661
Truest_Strike
T.S.

Woo hoo!!! Some Street Fighter love being thrown!

And wow Pluie, you have some strength!
*Is thrown out the window*
xD

Ok so I covered the wig so far. Check. I took care of most the accesssories. Check. All thats left is...for my costume, is maybe, a big maybe, is contact lens and ...thats it!

Has anyone done contact lens before to change the color of their eyes for a cosplay?
Truest_Strike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2009, 04:10 PM   #1662
kayndekayne
Mars Make up power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Sin View Post
Oooh!!! Same here!!! I don't take up much room either!
Seriously. The more people the cheaper it is. And the mariott is freggin huge, so it's not like we will be cramped.
Unread 04-13-2009, 04:37 PM   #1663
PluieEnfant
Returning

O_O Okayyyy *backs away slowly*

Well. I guess that's the two of you (and the other friend). That's six people to a room.

And that's all there'll be. -__-;;

I think my friend has an air mattress that we can bring. >.> But hey guys. Remember, bring your own towels. Don't want the hotel people to get too suspicious. >< My friends and I tend to move the beds around and whatnot, anyway, so we'll have even more space. XD

@mugen: I've had green and amethyst eyes before for cosplay, but I didn't mind paying for them since they're prescription and I need them to see. Contact lenses for cosplay are really pricey because you get one pair that only lasts a year (if you take good care of them). If you want to get them for your cosplay, go for it, but nobody really notices. It's only really cool in those nifty, photoshoot pictures. XD

Currently Working On:

Last edited by PluieEnfant : 04-13-2009 at 04:39 PM.
Unread 04-13-2009, 04:50 PM   #1664
Truest_Strike
T.S.

Thanks Pluie, I think I'll save my money and pass on the lens. Would have been a nice touch for my cosplay but saving that extra cash will help me for other stuff.

Turns out you cant change your username here, at least not anymore.
Nooooooo!!!! I actually dont like MugenSC. I made that while ago before I actually started being more active on this site xD
Truest_Strike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2009, 05:02 PM   #1665
PluieEnfant
Returning

Yeah, that's usually how I feel about colored contacts for cosplay. It's cool and all, but if you'll be doing it for every character you cosplay, you'll end up buying so many pairs and who knows how many times you'll wear them in a year. The only reason why I'd get contacts, if the character had a certain look to their eye, like Lelouch's geass or Ciel's contract.

Currently Working On: