Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 91 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-11-2008, 06:51 PM   #166
NarukuSon
Current Power Level: 234
 
NarukuSon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 456
Well she's about the size of how you think chi-chi would be, very petite, and she's 5'1"... (in real life)

For piccolos' cape it would actually have to be semi lightweight because it flows very well with the wind and I can just make the shoulder pieces heavy or 'weighted'

speaking of weighted I plan on doing Gokus' boots weighted too, I have the perfect weights and will sew them in sometime...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PluieEnfant View Post
I'll have to be home before 8:30 so....yeah...>.> Hopefully that can work out somehow. ><
Well I am exacrtly 45min from UCF campus, so I don't think you'll have to worry too much... But to be safe you could leave around 6:45 if you needed also.
__________________
Megacon:
Son Goku - 100% Completed/Retired

AFO:
Ryu (Street Fighter) - 99% Complete

MBS Team Members (On Cosplay.Com)
ThePirateBunny, AkatsukiKonan, CosplayerGabi, PluieEnfant, Rikku_Monkie, Sunako_Chan, Emily_Adams

- myspace.com/martialartstournament -

Last edited by Michi : 12-14-2008 at 07:03 PM. Reason: merging a double post
NarukuSon is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 11-11-2008, 07:08 PM   #167
TheBunnyPirate
Zombie Space Cupcake
 
TheBunnyPirate's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 164
Linen still "flows" it's just not as light as cotton. We used linen to make capes and cloaks in the SCA all the time, so i'm pretty sure it will work out. For the shoulders and top part of the turban i have no idea. fiberglass?
TheBunnyPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2008, 07:13 PM   #168
NarukuSon
Current Power Level: 234
 
NarukuSon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 456
Well I was thinking we could use a thick pcv, then cut it and half and melt it (I'm good with those types of things), then double layer it with cardboard and just wrab it around for the shoulder blades... that way it'll have weight, and stay on the shoulders easier. then we can just sew the 'cape' piece to the back of that.
__________________
Megacon:
Son Goku - 100% Completed/Retired

AFO:
Ryu (Street Fighter) - 99% Complete

MBS Team Members (On Cosplay.Com)
ThePirateBunny, AkatsukiKonan, CosplayerGabi, PluieEnfant, Rikku_Monkie, Sunako_Chan, Emily_Adams

- myspace.com/martialartstournament -
NarukuSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2008, 07:36 PM   #169
PluieEnfant
Returning
 
PluieEnfant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 930
A lot of people use wonderflex when doing hard "armor-like" surfaces. I don't know if it'd work, but you could look into it. It's a little pricey though...
__________________
2010 Conventions:
+megacon+afo+awa


2011 Conventions:+metrocon+ax+

Currently Working On:
Taki Reizen (Hyakujitsu no Bara)
Gauche Suede (Tegami Bachi)
PluieEnfant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2008, 07:54 PM   #170
AkatsukiKonan
To ride the wind...
 
AkatsukiKonan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 575
Quote:
Originally Posted by NarukuSon View Post
*dances* I'm watching Naruto movie 3 guardian of crescent moon or what not.
Okay -snort- I'm watching that right now too. lmao Go figure.
__________________
2010:
Neliel Tu (Espada 3) - Bleach: 65% complete (Metrocon)
Tsunade - Naruto: 85% complete (Metrocon)
Re-l Mayer - Ergo Proxy
Major Motoko Kusanagi - Ghost in the Shell
Yuko Ichihara - xxxHolic
Ushio Amamiya - The Gentlemen's Alliance Cross
AkatsukiKonan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2008, 08:03 PM   #171
AkatsukiKonan
To ride the wind...
 
AkatsukiKonan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 575
So I have been thinking about anime characters I can actually pull off, and this one came to mind. I've never seen the series, but I always see the box set in stores, and I love the way the girl looks.

Ergo Proxy

I also found this pic of an awesome cosplay job.

Ergo Cosplay

Any thoughts, opinions?
__________________
2010:
Neliel Tu (Espada 3) - Bleach: 65% complete (Metrocon)
Tsunade - Naruto: 85% complete (Metrocon)
Re-l Mayer - Ergo Proxy
Major Motoko Kusanagi - Ghost in the Shell
Yuko Ichihara - xxxHolic
Ushio Amamiya - The Gentlemen's Alliance Cross
AkatsukiKonan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2008, 08:54 PM   #172
PluieEnfant
Returning
 
PluieEnfant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 930
That would be a really cool cosplay to do. It'll take a bit of work though, considering it's form-fitting and whatnot. Then again...you could just buy a body suit. Hm hm.
__________________
2010 Conventions:
+megacon+afo+awa


2011 Conventions:+metrocon+ax+

Currently Working On:
Taki Reizen (Hyakujitsu no Bara)
Gauche Suede (Tegami Bachi)
PluieEnfant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2008, 09:02 PM   #173
AkatsukiKonan
To ride the wind...
 
AkatsukiKonan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 575
Yeah, I like what that girl did, seems to be a better base to the outfit. But I still plan on doing Lucy first, and I need to go buy the series for Ergo Proxy before I start on that. teehee ^^
__________________
2010:
Neliel Tu (Espada 3) - Bleach: 65% complete (Metrocon)
Tsunade - Naruto: 85% complete (Metrocon)
Re-l Mayer - Ergo Proxy
Major Motoko Kusanagi - Ghost in the Shell
Yuko Ichihara - xxxHolic
Ushio Amamiya - The Gentlemen's Alliance Cross
AkatsukiKonan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2008, 09:06 PM   #174
PluieEnfant
Returning
 
PluieEnfant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 930
Ah, yes. True. I never cosplay unless I've seen a series. Because that would be awkward...when people come up to me asking me questions and I have no idea what they're talking about. XD Will you be doing Lucy at Megacon?
__________________
2010 Conventions:
+megacon+afo+awa


2011 Conventions:+metrocon+ax+

Currently Working On:
Taki Reizen (Hyakujitsu no Bara)
Gauche Suede (Tegami Bachi)
PluieEnfant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2008, 09:13 PM   #175
TheBunnyPirate
Zombie Space Cupcake
 
TheBunnyPirate's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by NarukuSon View Post
Well I was thinking we could use a thick pcv, then cut it and half and melt it (I'm good with those types of things), then double layer it with cardboard and just wrab it around for the shoulder blades... that way it'll have weight, and stay on the shoulders easier. then we can just sew the 'cape' piece to the back of that.
Have you melted plastic before? cause I just did for a sculpture (that's what I had to finish Sunday night) and it didn't come out totally smooth. It melted into the plaster mold just fine, but since it doesn't get totally molten, it had a little bit of texture to it. My instructor warned me that this was going to happen, because he's done it before too. So if you've been able to get it smooth than you have to tell me how you did it. Admittedly, it was the plastic from a model kit (the assignment was to buy a model kit and turn it into anything but what the model's supposed to be) so if pvc melts differently than that will work, and I know how to do that. We could also do thermal adhesive (which is basically melting hot glue into a mold) the bonus to that is hot glue when dried is extremely flexible so you could throw it against and wall and it won't break. also, we could use a high density foam and cover it with polyurethane to give it a smooth texture.

I'm bringing a friend this sunday and he's a props person (his khun cosplay won best prop at AWA) so I bet he'll have a really good idea.
TheBunnyPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2008, 06:35 AM   #176
AkatsukiKonan
To ride the wind...
 
AkatsukiKonan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 575
Quote:
Originally Posted by PluieEnfant View Post
Ah, yes. True. I never cosplay unless I've seen a series. Because that would be awkward...when people come up to me asking me questions and I have no idea what they're talking about. XD Will you be doing Lucy at Megacon?
Yeah, I won't even start the outfit until I've seen the series. I was about to say that first I need to finish Konan, but she's almost done really. o.o I suppose if I can learn to sew, find the fabrics I need and all that sort of stuff before Megacon, then I will do Lucy as well. Being new to this, I'm trying to be realistic about how quickly I can put together a good costume.
__________________
2010:
Neliel Tu (Espada 3) - Bleach: 65% complete (Metrocon)
Tsunade - Naruto: 85% complete (Metrocon)
Re-l Mayer - Ergo Proxy
Major Motoko Kusanagi - Ghost in the Shell
Yuko Ichihara - xxxHolic
Ushio Amamiya - The Gentlemen's Alliance Cross
AkatsukiKonan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2008, 06:56 AM   #177
PluieEnfant
Returning
 
PluieEnfant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 930
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkatsukiKonan View Post
Yeah, I won't even start the outfit until I've seen the series. I was about to say that first I need to finish Konan, but she's almost done really. o.o I suppose if I can learn to sew, find the fabrics I need and all that sort of stuff before Megacon, then I will do Lucy as well. Being new to this, I'm trying to be realistic about how quickly I can put together a good costume.
Well, just take your time. Really. Megacon is three months away and since Konan is practically finihed, I'm sure you can do Lucy. Just don't cram it all in during the last two weeks. Some people do that (cough cough) and it gets really stressful. ^^;; Lucy's outfit isn't going to be that hard anyway, so it shouldn't take too long to get it done.
__________________
2010 Conventions:
+megacon+afo+awa


2011 Conventions:+metrocon+ax+

Currently Working On:
Taki Reizen (Hyakujitsu no Bara)
Gauche Suede (Tegami Bachi)
PluieEnfant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2008, 07:08 AM   #178
AkatsukiKonan
To ride the wind...
 
AkatsukiKonan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 575
Quote:
Originally Posted by PluieEnfant View Post
Well, just take your time. Really. Megacon is three months away and since Konan is practically finihed, I'm sure you can do Lucy. Just don't cram it all in during the last two weeks. Some people do that (cough cough) and it gets really stressful. ^^;; Lucy's outfit isn't going to be that hard anyway, so it shouldn't take too long to get it done.
Yeah, I'm sure I could probably finish it in no time at all if I really put my mind to it. I have all of December with no classes, which would be when I'd really need to get stuff done. I'm not a procrastinator, it just wracks my nerves. hehe Well, I suppose I should start looking around for some fabrics to use. Any suggestions for the different pieces? I'm thinking a very light fabric for the pink shirt, and a heavier one for the dress. I can probably make the socks by using extra fabric from the dress and then getting like 2 yards of black fabric. I also need to make the 'horns'. That'll definitely be the hardest part for me. Since they are essentially a part of her skull, they need to be really hard.
__________________
2010:
Neliel Tu (Espada 3) - Bleach: 65% complete (Metrocon)
Tsunade - Naruto: 85% complete (Metrocon)
Re-l Mayer - Ergo Proxy
Major Motoko Kusanagi - Ghost in the Shell
Yuko Ichihara - xxxHolic
Ushio Amamiya - The Gentlemen's Alliance Cross
AkatsukiKonan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2008, 08:28 AM   #179
PluieEnfant
Returning
 
PluieEnfant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 930
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkatsukiKonan View Post
Yeah, I'm sure I could probably finish it in no time at all if I really put my mind to it. I have all of December with no classes, which would be when I'd really need to get stuff done. I'm not a procrastinator, it just wracks my nerves. hehe Well, I suppose I should start looking around for some fabrics to use. Any suggestions for the different pieces? I'm thinking a very light fabric for the pink shirt, and a heavier one for the dress. I can probably make the socks by using extra fabric from the dress and then getting like 2 yards of black fabric. I also need to make the 'horns'. That'll definitely be the hardest part for me. Since they are essentially a part of her skull, they need to be really hard.
Sometimes I'm really excited about doing a costume, but I don't want to actually make it. XD So it takes me a while to sit down and put it together. But once I start sewing, there's no stopping me. I've sewn for over 12 hours straight before because I just couldn't stop. -__-;; Definitely not good for the back and hands.

For the pink shirt, you'll want something very light and stretchy. Same thing for the dress. I've never made a dress as simple as hers before, so I'm not sure what to use. Just go around the store and see which one will fit better. With the socks, you can probably buy those somewhere if you want.

From what I've read, a lot of Elfen Lied cosplayers use paper mache for the horns. They make a shape out of wire or some other lightweight material, then they paper mache around it. It'll be lightweight and you can glue them to hairclips to clip into the wig. That way, you won't have to use a headband or sew it directly into the wig.
__________________
2010 Conventions:
+megacon+afo+awa


2011 Conventions:+metrocon+ax+

Currently Working On:
Taki Reizen (Hyakujitsu no Bara)
Gauche Suede (Tegami Bachi)
PluieEnfant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2008, 09:00 AM   #180
NarukuSon
Current Power Level: 234
 
NarukuSon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 456
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkatsukiKonan View Post
So I have been thinking about anime characters I can actually pull off, and this one came to mind. I've never seen the series, but I always see the box set in stores, and I love the way the girl looks.

Ergo Proxy

I also found this pic of an awesome cosplay job.

Ergo Cosplay

Any thoughts, opinions?
Yeah I'm sure you could pull it off. I've never heard of that either though... Hm... I'm thinking who else you could be.

Princess Snake (DBZ) - http://members.chello.nl/j.hoor/scre...Pics/eps/9.jpg
Simple cosplay... Long blue dress (half way past her knees going down), a orange wig, aqua blue spandex (hardest part), vampire fangs, and a white fur scarf...


That's all I can think for now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBunnyPirate View Post
Have you melted plastic before? cause I just did for a sculpture (that's what I had to finish Sunday night) and it didn't come out totally smooth. It melted into the plaster mold just fine, but since it doesn't get totally molten, it had a little bit of texture to it. My instructor warned me that this was going to happen, because he's done it before too. So if you've been able to get it smooth than you have to tell me how you did it. Admittedly, it was the plastic from a model kit (the assignment was to buy a model kit and turn it into anything but what the model's supposed to be) so if pvc melts differently than that will work, and I know how to do that. We could also do thermal adhesive (which is basically melting hot glue into a mold) the bonus to that is hot glue when dried is extremely flexible so you could throw it against and wall and it won't break. also, we could use a high density foam and cover it with polyurethane to give it a smooth texture.

I'm bringing a friend this sunday and he's a props person (his khun cosplay won best prop at AWA) so I bet he'll have a really good idea.
No I could never get it perfect either... but it's okay because we are going to be wrapping the white material around it many times to give it it's effect. I just need the shape to be admittingly close to his actual cape.

Alright so I've figured out who can be who for a DBZ cosplay group... I'll include photos.

Me- Son Goku
My gf- Chi-Chi
Linh- Princess Snake http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Princess_Snake
Sara- Videl http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Videl
Dani- Pan http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Pan
Chris- Gohan (Adult) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Son_Gohan
Gabi- Where'd she go?
Griz- Eighter (Android 8)
Not- Piccolo http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piccolo_(Dragon_Ball)
__________________
Megacon:
Son Goku - 100% Completed/Retired

AFO:
Ryu (Street Fighter) - 99% Complete

MBS Team Members (On Cosplay.Com)
ThePirateBunny, AkatsukiKonan, CosplayerGabi, PluieEnfant, Rikku_Monkie, Sunako_Chan, Emily_Adams

- myspace.com/martialartstournament -

Last edited by Michi : 12-14-2008 at 07:02 PM. Reason: merging a triple post
NarukuSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:10 AM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.