Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 100 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-13-2008, 03:33 AM   #196
onewingedjade
Escaping Reality

I doubt I'll get any response from this, but if you're reading this and you cosplayed as the Joker on Halloween at the mall in Merritt Island, that was the best joker ever. It was so amazing!

It's a popular character nowadays but hey, it's worth a try!

2014 Cosplays: Chun Li - SF, Chell - Portal, Felicia - Darkstalkers
onewingedjade is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-13-2008, 07:52 AM   #197
PluieEnfant
Returning

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturesDaughter View Post
Well, it's not exactly the distance. It's more of convincing my parents to let me go this far away to meet up with people they have never met before and are older than I am. I'm only fourteen, so that's where the problem lies.
Ah, I see I see. My parents are still like that actually. I just turned 18, I'm the youngest child and I started college. Do you think you'd be able to bring a friend? That usually eases the worries, because you're with someone they do know. If you still aren't able to make it, then it'll be alright. As Goku-niisan said, we'll be able to meet somewhere closer to you. ^^ Megacon is months away, so we have plenty of time to meet up, with you and your parents.

2011 Conventions:+metrocon+ax+

Currently Working On:
Taki Reizen (Hyakujitsu no Bara)
Gauche Suede (Tegami Bachi)
PluieEnfant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2008, 09:51 AM   #198
NarukuSon
Current Power Level: 234

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewingedjade View Post
I doubt I'll get any response from this, but if you're reading this and you cosplayed as the Joker on Halloween at the mall in Merritt Island, that was the best joker ever. It was so amazing!

It's a popular character nowadays but hey, it's worth a try!
I know exactly who you're talking about.

His name is Randy and he lives in PSJ.

I will be trying to get him to join my group as well, him and are are Martial arts partners in a way hehe.

AFO:
Ryu (Street Fighter) - 99% Complete

MBS Team Members (On Cosplay.Com)
ThePirateBunny, AkatsukiKonan, CosplayerGabi, PluieEnfant, Rikku_Monkie, Sunako_Chan, Emily_Adams

- myspace.com/martialartstournament -
NarukuSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2008, 09:53 AM   #199
NarukuSon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PluieEnfant View Post
Ah, I see I see. My parents are still like that actually. I just turned 18, I'm the youngest child and I started college. Do you think you'd be able to bring a friend? That usually eases the worries, because you're with someone they do know. If you still aren't able to make it, then it'll be alright. As Goku-niisan said, we'll be able to meet somewhere closer to you. ^^ Megacon is months away, so we have plenty of time to meet up, with you and your parents.
Now there are two 'ladies' under the age of 18 (one 15, and one 13) who wish to join us. I hope nobody has a problem with it. If they do please let me know.

As for the two girls, one is close to Linh while the other is closer to Sara... So I think on another one of our available days we could meet up at a mall some place close to them (different days) and meet there parents to support them in joining us.

Anyone disagree?

AFO:

ThePirateBunny, AkatsukiKonan, CosplayerGabi, PluieEnfant, Rikku_Monkie, Sunako_Chan, Emily_Adams

Unread 11-13-2008, 03:16 PM   #200
NarukuSon

We got together already, we will be meeting at my place (Rockledge, 32955 area code) on Sunday 2pm-7pm... You're welcome to msg me for more details and we can car pool.

AFO:

Unread 11-13-2008, 05:21 PM   #201
NaturesDaughter
Nature Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarukuSon View Post
Now there are two 'ladies' under the age of 18 (one 15, and one 13) who wish to join us. I hope nobody has a problem with it. If they do please let me know.

As for the two girls, one is close to Linh while the other is closer to Sara... So I think on another one of our available days we could meet up at a mall some place close to them (different days) and meet there parents to support them in joining us.

Anyone disagree?
Okay, and I have a perfect idea on how to do this! I call it, Operation: Coincidental. And here is how it works:

Step 1. We all agree on a mall to go to.
Step 2. Convince parents to go to mall.
Step 3. Meanwhile, you guys go to the mall, first, and head to the Food Court. There, you wait at a table and pay close attention to the entrance.
Step 4. Head over to Food Court as soon as possible.
Step 5. When there is recognition, invite. But, make it seem like a coincidence(Hence the title)
Step 6. Talk to parents, and convince them that you guys are genuinely good people.

This is what I got, but I think this plan just might be crazy enough to work.
NaturesDaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2008, 06:51 PM   #202
NaturesDaughter
Nature Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avathelion View Post
"Hey Mom, look! All those people are dressed like Naruto too!" hehe i think it's a sensible plan since people make friends in malls all the time, anyway
Yep, that's right (^^) . This plan was stuck in my head all during school, and I couldn't think of anything better.
Unread 11-13-2008, 09:59 PM   #203
NarukuSon

Lol... Maybe we can talk to the others about this on Sunday ^^ It's just good to have a plan but I would prefer to play it safer.

AFO:

Unread 11-13-2008, 10:38 PM   #204
NaturesDaughter
Nature Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarukuSon View Post
Lol... Maybe we can talk to the others about this on Sunday ^^ It's just good to have a plan but I would prefer to play it safer.
Okay, I'll try to think of something better.
Unread 11-13-2008, 10:59 PM   #205
NarukuSon

Haha, sure ^^

AFO:

Unread 11-14-2008, 12:24 AM   #206
The Real Joker
I just want my phone call

Hey, I'm in Florida too...Broward County...not too many cons here...one coming up in January...whoo-hoo...looking for other DCU villain cosplayers to hang with then...Harley, Poison Ivy, Two-Face, Penguin....etc...to upset the esablished order, cause a little anarchy....and a little chaos too
The Real Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2008, 12:26 AM   #207
Divine Dragon
HYDRO STORM!

I'm a Florida cosplayer. I go to UF so I currently live in Gainesville, but my house is in Valrico (near Tampa) so I live there during vacation. I'm 20 years old and I go to almost every Florida convention. My next con is Anime South in January and I'll also be going to Megacon.

I have several costumes, but there are some I don't wear anymore.
- L (Death Note)
- Squall Leonhart (FFVIII)
- SeeD Squall (FFVIII)
- Razor Ramon Hard Gay (Bakuten)
- Green Ranger (Mighty Morphin Power Rangers)

I've already planned my next costumes. I'm working on an Action Bastard costume and a Dark Magician, if I have time, for Megacon. I'm unsure of how to make the headgear for either costume, though. I was thinking of using wonderflex.
- Kuja (Final Fantasy IX): restarting soon
- Locke Cole (Final Fantasy VI - Amano version): 70% completed
- Bartz Klauser (Final Fantasy V/ Dissidia): 100% completed
- Rum Tum Tugger (Cats): 30% completed
- Amon (Legend of Korra): 100% completed
Divine Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2008, 12:31 AM   #208
Divine Dragon
HYDRO STORM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Joker View Post
Hey, I'm in Florida too...Broward County...not too many cons here...one coming up in January...whoo-hoo...looking for other DCU villain cosplayers to hang with then...Harley, Poison Ivy, Two-Face, Penguin....etc...to upset the esablished order, cause a little anarchy....and a little chaos too
I have a friend who is the PERFECT Harley Quinn cosplayer. She'll be at Anime South, but that's an extremely long trip from Broward County. But she'll definitely be wearing her Harley at the next Megacon.
- Kuja (Final Fantasy IX): restarting soon
- Locke Cole (Final Fantasy VI - Amano version): 70% completed
- Bartz Klauser (Final Fantasy V/ Dissidia): 100% completed
- Rum Tum Tugger (Cats): 30% completed
- Amon (Legend of Korra): 100% completed
Divine Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2008, 02:55 AM   #209
Guardian Sin
I glow so I must be GOD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturesDaughter View Post
Okay, and I have a perfect idea on how to do this! I call it, Operation: Coincidental. And here is how it works:

Step 1. We all agree on a mall to go to.
Step 2. Convince parents to go to mall.
Step 3. Meanwhile, you guys go to the mall, first, and head to the Food Court. There, you wait at a table and pay close attention to the entrance.
Step 4. Head over to Food Court as soon as possible.
Step 5. When there is recognition, invite. But, make it seem like a coincidence(Hence the title)
Step 6. Talk to parents, and convince them that you guys are genuinely good people.

This is what I got, but I think this plan just might be crazy enough to work.
Oh that's funny.I can just imagine it....heh. It'd work but you would have to have acting skills....
Unread 11-14-2008, 09:48 AM   #210
NarukuSon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Joker View Post
Hehe hello hello! Well I'm not much of a DC cosplayer, but I could certainly find a unique character to pull off. Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by liveFF View Post
I'm a Florida cosplayer. I go to UF so I currently live in Gainesville, but my house is in Valrico (near Tampa) so I live there during vacation. I'm 20 years old and I go to almost every Florida convention. My next con is Anime South in January and I'll also be going to Megacon.

I have several costumes, but there are some I don't wear anymore.
- L (Death Note)
- Squall Leonhart (FFVIII)
- SeeD Squall (FFVIII)
- Razor Ramon Hard Gay (Bakuten)
- Green Ranger (Mighty Morphin Power Rangers)

I've already planned my next costumes. I'm working on an Action Bastard costume and a Dark Magician, if I have time, for Megacon. I'm unsure of how to make the headgear for either costume, though. I was thinking of using wonderflex.
Hey welcome! I plan on doing a few FF characters myself, not sure who yet.. Definately keep your eye on here. If you want to join our group let me know! We are meeting this sunday at my place (rockledge) to help with making our costumes and just to have a good time.

AFO:

Last edited by Michi : 12-14-2008 at 07:44 PM. Reason: merging a double post