Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 101 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-05-2008, 07:35 AM   #61
AkatsukiKonan
To ride the wind...

Depending on when it is, I could probably go. I'm pretty busy during the semester though because of classes and running a lab. I have a friend who lives in Tampa who also enjoys cons, so I could stay with her. December would be the best time for me...
AkatsukiKonan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-05-2008, 09:22 AM   #62
NarukuSon
Current Power Level: 234

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkatsukiKonan View Post
Depending on when it is, I could probably go. I'm pretty busy during the semester though because of classes and running a lab. I have a friend who lives in Tampa who also enjoys cons, so I could stay with her. December would be the best time for me...
Well the first convention is Megacon in Feburary (gives you plenty of time to prepare), but we were planning on meeting up altogether so we could think of ideas and plan some costumes, perhaps even work on them (I dunno), but also to make friends and have a good time. That will be a few times I hope before the con, that we meet up and everything. If you're able to make it to a get together let me know.
NarukuSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2008, 04:43 PM   #63
kayandhearts
kay

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarukuSon View Post
I'm sure they would, just bring a stuff animal of either one you cosplay and they will know for sure. :-D, also you could attach a poke ball to your belt loop so they know your a pokemon for sure.
thats a really go idea thanks
megacon

cosplays
Luka-vocaloid
starfire- teen titans
quorra- tron legacy
kayandhearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2008, 05:09 PM   #64
AkatsukiKonan
To ride the wind...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarukuSon View Post
Well the first convention is Megacon in Feburary (gives you plenty of time to prepare), but we were planning on meeting up altogether so we could think of ideas and plan some costumes, perhaps even work on them (I dunno), but also to make friends and have a good time. That will be a few times I hope before the con, that we meet up and everything. If you're able to make it to a get together let me know.
My friend is totally for it, she goes to USF. ^.^ Essentially, any weekend during the school year I can make it (it's about a 3-4 hour drive for me from here to Orlando). Like I said though, I could meet up in December at any time because of Winter Break. If you guys come up with a date, just let me know!
Unread 11-05-2008, 09:40 PM   #65
TheBunnyPirate
Zombie Space Cupcake

Anybody else here at UCF? we should get together for drinks or something, I know there's tons of UCF cosplays I just don't know where they're hiding. I've never been to UCF's anime club because I've heard they're not well organized so I never know when they have events and meetings and stuff.

I'm not talking anything fancy, just "hey, it's friday night and I'm bored" kinda thing. If you guys wanna get together, you got my number (well you don't really, but my aim is on my profile and you can always pm me).
TheBunnyPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2008, 10:20 PM   #66
NarukuSon

Alright how about this..

1. Make dates for any time you are available (I will post the first meeting) and inquire other people to come.
2. Invite everyone who is into cosplay or will join the group/s
3. Come in costume, or partially, or bring your work in progress.

So...

Next Tuesday - 11th November, UCF (building of choice, or at the nearest book store/ internet connection place), 5pm-10pm
Unread 11-06-2008, 02:50 AM   #67
onewingedjade
Escaping Reality

Whoa! UCF, really?
Okay, I edited again because I'm weird about online stuff. But let's just say some of you are unsually close...

Edit: Actually, there are a lot of options if you want to get a lot of people together, not just central FL cosplayers. I saw Janicon was cancelled and I'm sure some people reserved hotels up there. If some of you are in the area, we could carpool too. There's been some talk of organizing something that weekend in place of that event... if there's enough people interested, I'll try to plan something a little more official.

Edit: Okay, gee. I've seen some of you before. Like, either at Megacon or in normal everyday stores in public. Ah, once again proving central Florida is just way too small.

2014 Cosplays: Chun Li - SF, Chell - Portal, Felicia - Darkstalkers

Last edited by onewingedjade : 11-06-2008 at 03:29 AM.
onewingedjade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2008, 09:59 AM   #68
AkatsukiKonan
To ride the wind...

I have a lot to get done, but I will try my hardest to make it. It's about a 3 hour drive, but I could do it if I don't have to work in the lab Wednesday. ^_^
Re-l Mayer - Ergo Proxy
Major Motoko Kusanagi - Ghost in the Shell
Yuko Ichihara - xxxHolic
Ushio Amamiya - The Gentlemen's Alliance Cross
Unread 11-06-2008, 10:13 AM   #69
NarukuSon

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewingedjade View Post
Whoa! UCF, really?
Okay, I edited again because I'm weird about online stuff. But let's just say some of you are unsually close...

Edit: Actually, there are a lot of options if you want to get a lot of people together, not just central FL cosplayers. I saw Janicon was cancelled and I'm sure some people reserved hotels up there. If some of you are in the area, we could carpool too. There's been some talk of organizing something that weekend in place of that event... if there's enough people interested, I'll try to plan something a little more official.

Edit: Okay, gee. I've seen some of you before. Like, either at Megacon or in normal everyday stores in public. Ah, once again proving central Florida is just way too small.

Sounds awesome, so you're like an organizer? Haha... Did you see my in public by any chance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkatsukiKonan View Post
I have a lot to get done, but I will try my hardest to make it. It's about a 3 hour drive, but I could do it if I don't have to work in the lab Wednesday. ^_^
Awesome ^^

Last edited by Michi : 12-14-2008 at 08:55 PM. Reason: merging a double post
Unread 11-06-2008, 10:35 AM   #70
TheBunnyPirate
Zombie Space Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewingedjade View Post
Whoa! UCF, really?
Okay, I edited again because I'm weird about online stuff. But let's just say some of you are unsually close......

People have mixers and parties with online invites all the time (especially on facebook), and anyone in that network can see the invite and attend. That's not terribly different for what we're doing here.

The UCF anime club organizes online and meets on campus. But they're not terribly well organized and don't meet that often (as far as I can tell).

I guess I'm not as weird about online stuff. But for any parties or get-togethers that have public online invites, I only go if its a public meeting place like campus or Starbucks or whatever (obviously). But I've been to plenty of events/get-togethers with online invites. There's a huge stigma about meeting people online, but if you think about it, online networking with complete strangers is basically how Senator Obama won (Idk if you got emails from them but it was like every single week they were doing something and it was always at some random person's house, so they were like super trusting). You'd probably feel more comfortable if the invite said, "Knights for Obama invites you to come hang out with us at this restaurant" but its the same thing. You've never met anyone from that club before, and you just heard about it online. Don't worry about it. As long as you don't go to a Frat party, you'll be ok. (The UCF Frat boys have quite a track record for date rape, so you're better off with us)

And yeah, I've met quite a few people on here at cons we just never got together outside the con.
TheBunnyPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2008, 04:01 PM   #71
CosplayerGabi
Shotgun Badass

I'm about 30 mins from I Drive at home and only 10 mins away at work.

A get together sounds like fun.
Unread 11-06-2008, 04:39 PM   #72
PluieEnfant
Returning

For the sake of conversation (as well as boredom) what do some of you have in mind for future cosplays? If you're going to Megacon, do you have any costumes already planned?

2011 Conventions:+metrocon+ax+

Currently Working On:
Taki Reizen (Hyakujitsu no Bara)
Gauche Suede (Tegami Bachi)
PluieEnfant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2008, 05:00 PM   #73
AkatsukiKonan
To ride the wind...

Konan (obviousbly) and maybe Lucy from Elfen Lied. I'm really just starting out on the cosplay scene, so I'm not going to go too crazy yet. ^_^
Re-l Mayer - Ergo Proxy
Yuko Ichihara - xxxHolic
Unread 11-06-2008, 05:03 PM   #74
PluieEnfant
Returning

Lucy! Hooray for Elfen Lied cosplayers! ^^ I might do a Lucy cosplay for a photoshoot.

2011 Conventions:+metrocon+ax+

Currently Working On:
Taki Reizen (Hyakujitsu no Bara)
Gauche Suede (Tegami Bachi)
PluieEnfant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2008, 05:24 PM   #75
AkatsukiKonan
To ride the wind...

If you do, let me know! I'd love to know how you go about putting the outfit together. I just can't decide whether I want to do the long or short haired version. I wish I could find someone to cosplay Nana. ^_^
Re-l Mayer - Ergo Proxy
Yuko Ichihara - xxxHolic