Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 93 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-28-2010, 09:11 PM   #8266
sarahleebrinks
just call me his winry
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by KWBreaker View Post
It's never too late to make new friends lol and yea, me and akuma live like. . . 2 blocks from UCF? lol gotta have some more meetup days, you are all TOTALLY chill lol

lol i live like a couple blocks from ucf too, i live off dean and university..

i sew the outfits and my friend makes the props and weapons.. if you ever wanna meet up just drop me a line
sarahleebrinks is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 07-28-2010, 09:19 PM   #8267
onewingedjade
Escaping Reality
 
onewingedjade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,274
*laughs* Cosplay gathering at Akuma's and Breaker's in a couple weeks!
__________________
2014 Conventions: Megacon (Saturday), Metrocon

2014 Cosplays: Chun Li - SF, Chell - Portal, Felicia - Darkstalkers
onewingedjade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2010, 09:35 PM   #8268
KWBreaker
Registered User
 
KWBreaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 199
FUCK YEA lol i gotta get some pics up on here, too damn lazy lol it's all on my FB if you guys just wanna add me there. I was Dante (shirtless/halfassed) on friday, Deadpool on saturday, then stunningly handsome on sunday lol

and i live at Boardwalk apartments, so pretty chill.

tried myhand at sewing this con. . . eh, coulda been better. Me and akuma make props (him mostly) and we do badass filming and shit if you guys ever wanna make a movie or somethin lol Our apt is gonna be nerd CENTRAL this year lol but i'm kinda tight on cash, so not TOO many cosplays sadly :'(

Last edited by KWBreaker : 07-28-2010 at 09:37 PM.
KWBreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2010, 09:57 PM   #8269
hchildress0123
Registered User
 
hchildress0123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 588
Anyone know of a place in Altamonte Springs or Orlando that does Alterations that can handle leather?
__________________
Current Coplays:

Yuna - FFX
Lulu - FFX
Bulma - Dragon Ball
Sesshoumaru's mother - Inuyasha
Kitty Pryde - X-Men

Considering:

Scarlet Witch - Ms. Marvel - Shiva - Karin - Aqua - Beatrix
hchildress0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2010, 10:03 PM   #8270
N1NJ4GL4R3
Registered User
 
N1NJ4GL4R3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 958
Quote:
Originally Posted by hchildress0123 View Post
Anyone know of a place in Altamonte Springs or Orlando that does Alterations that can handle leather?
I think theres an old drag queen shop some where on colonial in the rainbow district that can handle that im tyring to think of the name but drawing a blank ill ask my friend dakota who does drag and see if she knows the name of the place
__________________
You're an Avenger man , Take charge of that shit Bitches love that.
N1NJ4GL4R3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2010, 10:12 PM   #8271
sarahleebrinks
just call me his winry
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by KWBreaker View Post
FUCK YEA lol i gotta get some pics up on here, too damn lazy lol it's all on my FB if you guys just wanna add me there. I was Dante (shirtless/halfassed) on friday, Deadpool on saturday, then stunningly handsome on sunday lol

and i live at Boardwalk apartments, so pretty chill.

tried myhand at sewing this con. . . eh, coulda been better. Me and akuma make props (him mostly) and we do badass filming and shit if you guys ever wanna make a movie or somethin lol Our apt is gonna be nerd CENTRAL this year lol but i'm kinda tight on cash, so not TOO many cosplays sadly :'(

my pics for costumes are on fb too, i hate having to go to photobucket to resize my damn pics lol.
the costumes i sewed for metro this year was kamina and ed elric, oh working on rocklee for afo then bang shishigami (blazblue) for dragoncon..

my friend makes awesome wooden katanas that duplicate the animes perfectly
__________________
cons 2010:
megacon
metrocon
afo
dragoncon
expcon
shadocon


costumes :
ed elric with full automail 100%
kamina 100%
rock lee 50%
bang shishigami 10%
rachel alucard 5%
arakune 5%
guts 5%
sarahleebrinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2010, 11:22 PM   #8272
blueassassin547
Brilliant!!
 
blueassassin547's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by KWBreaker View Post
2 blocks from UCF
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahleebrinks View Post
lol couple blocks from ucf too
no kidding, eh? i just moved up to Oviedo, about 10mins north of UCF. good times.
__________________
As long as there is one smoldering ember on the barbecue of Justice, you can still cook a mighty steak...of VICTORY!!
There is no escape but death/Your life is just a Murdertrain a'comin'
There's no sense crying over every mistake/You just keep on trying 'til you run out of cake
blueassassin547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2010, 12:31 AM   #8273
onewingedjade
Escaping Reality
 
onewingedjade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,274
'Blue, we have to hang out again sometime! Or you need to go to more cons... or both...

Also @Breaker, I know what you mean. I think I've pretty much maxed out on cosplays for the year... haha, if I want to do anymore, I'd have to sell some.
__________________
2014 Conventions: Megacon (Saturday), Metrocon

2014 Cosplays: Chun Li - SF, Chell - Portal, Felicia - Darkstalkers

Last edited by onewingedjade : 07-29-2010 at 12:35 AM.
onewingedjade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2010, 01:05 AM   #8274
kikuyo
Yaoi Prince of NCT
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 780
I tried to go to sell my Emil on ebay. The person who made it yelled at me and said no we can fix it to fit you.

We have still yet to fix it and she leaves the day before my birthday XD 8/16

I also plan on making 2-3 more cosplays and then northstar next year i swear! then no more! I have a buisiness to invest into.
__________________
Megacon 09, 10, 11, 12, 13
FAE 2
AFO 12, 13
Metrocon 08,09,10,11,12
Shadocon 1,2, 3

Future Planned Conventions:
AFO 14
Shadocon 4
Rangerstop
kikuyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2010, 03:07 AM   #8275
psychoaccess
lithium || flower
 
psychoaccess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 150
Haha, I'm a few minutes from UCF as well, at Rouse and 50. XD

And, Jade; yeah. It's pretty bloody expensive. S'why we're only considering one day, if at all. Right after AFO and rent due? S'lot of cash to toss around in a short period, ha.

Also: Wig halp!!
Anyone know where I can go around the Orlando area for a decent but still pretty cheap wig? I need a shoulder-length black one to style for my Medic cosplay.
__________________

||CURRENT||
Medic & Torakaka & Gou - AWA

||PAST||
{Gaila; Star Trek} {Torakaka; BlazBlue} {Sister of Battle; Warhammer40k} {Bride Witch; Left 4 Dead 2} {fem!RedMedic; Team Fortress 2} {Motoko Kusanagi; GitS: S.A.C 2nd GIG} {Zoey; Left 4 Dead}
psychoaccess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2010, 07:43 AM   #8276
hchildress0123
Registered User
 
hchildress0123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 588
So my boyfriend doesn't really cosplay. He has no problem with me doing it - and he isn't embarrassed to be with me when I am in costume but he doesn't dress up himself nor make requests of me. I got him to agree to a Team Rocket Cosplay sometime in the future (with Abby as Meowth)....he made a request of a cosplay. He asked me to try and do Sarah Kerrigan from Star Craft - either before or after zerg infection
here is the before picture

http://media.photobucket.com/image/s..._Shiramune.jpg


Here is the after picture:

http://www.inewscatcher.com/timages/...51b984aa72.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2629/...af70b8f44c.jpg

He said he would be Raynor if I was Sarah. This is going to take a lot of work. Any advice (other than have it commissioned)
__________________
Current Coplays:

Yuna - FFX
Lulu - FFX
Bulma - Dragon Ball
Sesshoumaru's mother - Inuyasha
Kitty Pryde - X-Men

Considering:

Scarlet Witch - Ms. Marvel - Shiva - Karin - Aqua - Beatrix
hchildress0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2010, 09:34 AM   #8277
blueassassin547
Brilliant!!
 
blueassassin547's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by onewingedjade View Post
'Blue, we have to hang out again sometime! Or you need to go to more cons... or both...
heh. yeah, i know. if they would schedule me less, but pay me more, i might be able to make more cons. also, if i had more than one costume.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hchildress0123 View Post
he made a request of a cosplay. He asked me to try and do Sarah Kerrigan from Star Craft - either before or after zerg infection
here is the before picture

http://media.photobucket.com/image/s..._Shiramune.jpg


Here is the after picture:

http://www.inewscatcher.com/timages/...51b984aa72.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2629/...af70b8f44c.jpg

He said he would be Raynor if I was Sarah. This is going to take a lot of work. Any advice (other than have it commissioned)
make him make it. if that made sense. if he wants you to cosplay that character, make him help you. that's a tough costume, either of them.
__________________
As long as there is one smoldering ember on the barbecue of Justice, you can still cook a mighty steak...of VICTORY!!
There is no escape but death/Your life is just a Murdertrain a'comin'
There's no sense crying over every mistake/You just keep on trying 'til you run out of cake
blueassassin547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2010, 10:39 AM   #8278
KWBreaker
Registered User
 
KWBreaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 199
Dude, Assassin, you only NEED the one costume lol and if you want to do more, we're going to be doing some group cosplays with PLENTY left over characters for you to pick lol
KWBreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2010, 11:37 AM   #8279
sarahleebrinks
just call me his winry
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 13
if you guys go to afo it would be cool to meet up and see eachothers work
__________________
cons 2010:
megacon
metrocon
afo
dragoncon
expcon
shadocon


costumes :
ed elric with full automail 100%
kamina 100%
rock lee 50%
bang shishigami 10%
rachel alucard 5%
arakune 5%
guts 5%
sarahleebrinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2010, 12:53 PM   #8280
onewingedjade
Escaping Reality
 
onewingedjade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoaccess View Post
And, Jade; yeah. It's pretty bloody expensive. S'why we're only considering one day, if at all. Right after AFO and rent due? S'lot of cash to toss around in a short period, ha.

Also: Wig halp!!
Anyone know where I can go around the Orlando area for a decent but still pretty cheap wig? I need a shoulder-length black one to style for my Medic cosplay.
I know. One day at SWC is the equivalent of a weekend pass at an anime con. Ugh. Orlando? Fairvilla. >.> Go on google maps and look up nearby wig stores.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hchildress0123 View Post
He asked me to try and do Sarah Kerrigan from Star Craft - either before or after zerg infection
I've got a suggestion for him - something easier! It's doable, but it would be expensive and you'd have to learn a lot of new techniques. :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueassassin547 View Post
heh. yeah, i know. if they would schedule me less, but pay me more, i might be able to make more cons. also, if i had more than one costume.
Haha, I had that problem last year. And I don't really have much besides Rogue myself, yet. No biggie! It's like make money or take time off to spend it. Lose-lose situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWBreaker View Post
we're going to be doing some group cosplays with PLENTY left over characters for you to pick lol
Only you guys are crazy enough to do Teken with me

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahleebrinks View Post
if you guys go to afo it would be cool to meet up and see eachothers work
A lot of us are... I was just thinking about that, actually.
__________________
2014 Conventions: Megacon (Saturday), Metrocon

2014 Cosplays: Chun Li - SF, Chell - Portal, Felicia - Darkstalkers
onewingedjade is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:35 AM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.