Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Other Costumes

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-03-2008, 09:34 PM   #1
shmac

Angel Dumott Schunard - RENT (Helpp!)

Kay, so my friend is relying on me to sew her an Angel skirt, from the musical RENT. The skirt Angel wears during "I'll Cover You" in the movie and "La Vie Boheme" in both the play and movie.
The best reference picture I could find shows only half the skirt, but it's pretty easy to tell the general gist of it from...half of it. xD

(Note that these are screenshots from RENT. If you're uncomfortable with the whole gay thing, don't view my second reference.)

http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/i...t=7e437d94.jpg
And another shot (not half. xD): http://media.photobucket.com/image/a...iss2.jpg?o=184

I've only sewn one cosplay...and I'm nervous about sewing anything more complex. This skirt looks kind of...pleated. Anyone know a pattern I might be able to use? Ohyeah, and I haven't sewn from a pattern before. -shot-

As for the flowers. I was thinking buy different colors of fabric and use the heat-n'-bond method? Or is there another way that might be better?
shmac is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-03-2008, 10:59 PM   #2
rassool bros.

well idealy you'd want to find a fabric with the same pattern as the skirt and as for being nervous, sew the same pattern on a cheaper fabric first and just practice it like that
Unread 10-04-2008, 09:47 AM   #3
shmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by rassool bros. View Post
well idealy you'd want to find a fabric with the same pattern as the skirt and as for being nervous, sew the same pattern on a cheaper fabric first and just practice it like that
Wow, do you think I would actually find that fabric? (I will look, of course.)
But I don't think I'm going to be able to sew a cheaper fabric version first, cause at least I think my friend is paying for the fabric. (If she's not, she's in trouble.)
shmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2008, 02:25 PM   #4
rentluver198942

im dressing as the same thing! but what do i use for the leggings?
rentluver198942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2008, 09:05 PM   #5
Leradny
"The Cool Joint"

I'd suggest making a skirt out of plain white cotton fabric, and then making stencils of the flowers out of cardboard or something like it. The majority of them are the same size and shape but different colors, so it would help the design look more uniform.

Last edited by Leradny : 10-18-2008 at 09:11 PM.
Leradny is offline   Reply With Quote