Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime Detour

Unread 10-03-2008, 11:02 PM   #1
Kashii007

It is too far away!!!

O.O I just watched like a million and two videos of cosplay and cons and I am vamped up. It was probably not a good idea but after going to AD2K8 and Kakkoi Con for my first year i am tottaly addicted to them. *sighs*

lol anyway. Who is everyone planning on cosplaying?! Me and two of my friends are going as Edward(me!) Alphonse(kiwi!) and Winry(T!) From Fullmetal Alchemist. Yes, i am hooked to that anime/manga.. dang... lol But we are brining them back from the dead so I will see how that goes.

I might also cosplay Rukia agian, and Shana but idk lol.

Gah! I need to stop talking about me, what about you guys!? I want to know what you are all up to lol.
Kashii007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-04-2008, 01:25 PM   #2
PhantomTheifSai
It's A-L-L-E-N !

Ah! I know I did the same thing! I watched a BUNCH of cosplay vids (still am..when will I learn?) And I'm all excited! So is Mia (Frog_king)!
We are currently trying to make D.Gray Man cosplays and maybe form a group at school.
I'm Allen Walker
And she's my Lavi x3
We're Gonna try and make the 3rd uniforms, which shouldn't be to hard. (tho it's our first time.)
AND! We...or I...Got so excited we started a show on Youtube where we do a bunch of things in our cosplay. Still need to plan a date to get together and record the inro to it...SO yeah
I just don't my cosplays to be sittin' in my closet till another con comes around.

PhantomTheifSai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2008, 06:09 PM   #3
Kino017

I don't want the date to close in on me! I'm glad it's still a ways away.
I shall cosplay as:Mail Jeevas from Deathnote, Isaak Fernand Von Kampfer, Reita from The Gazette, and possible Ukitake from Bleach. ^-^
Matt(Death Note)-85%
Isaak Fernand Von Kampfer(Trinity Blood)-10%
Reita(The Gazette)-10%
Kino017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2008, 02:11 PM   #4
Kashii007

PhantomTheifSai- That sounds like alot of fun! I am very very tempted to do crazy things like that. Exspecialy(sp? i can't spell right now... x.x) 'cuse we have a highschool anime club and we are all nuts. It would be fun to mess around in cosplay. haha I went to walmart yesterday in cosplay, people were looking at me wierd, it felt awsome. ^_^

Kino017-Sounds like alot of fun with those cosplays. =D

I can't wait... ggrrr and I am getting closer and closer to finishing my cosplays, ahhh! I get my self so excited I think it is bad for my health. x.x
Unread 10-05-2008, 07:09 PM   #5
CountessKiwi
<3 Versailles

I'm really excited to. I couldn't get tickets this year, but I went in 2007 and it was a blast. So I can't wait!
I have a lot of cosplays planned or '09, and I want to wear some of my older ones again, so I'm not exactly sure who I'll end up being. I'll probably be Yin from Darker Than Black for sure on one of the days, and Rhyme from the World Ends With You (we have a little mini group from that game, so I'm almost 100% sure I'll show up as her...), but as for the other day I'm not quite sure. I have a Sai (from Majin Tantei Nōgami Neuro) planned, and I have my old Alkaid from .hack//G.U. that I still want to wear, so maybe one of those. Or Yachiru if my friends beg me enough.
CountessKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2008, 06:22 AM   #6
kanghead

Theres a good chance I can go for '09, but theres like a 5% chance I can't go. D:
But yeah.
If I do go, I'm not sure which one I'm doing, but since I have plenty of breaks from school I'll pick something.
kanghead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2008, 08:22 AM   #7
Fenix42
grappling hook!

Gahhh I'm not ready yet. >_<
I'll have Sha Gojyo, Rakka, Shindou Hikaru, and maaaaybe Abel Nightroad if I get him done. XD
Unread 10-06-2008, 12:57 PM   #8
PhantomTheifSai
It's A-L-L-E-N !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kino017 View Post
I don't want the date to close in on me! I'm glad it's still a ways away.
I shall cosplay as:Mail Jeevas from Deathnote, Isaak Fernand Von Kampfer, Reita from The Gazette, and possible Ukitake from Bleach. ^-^
Reita!? OMG!!!! I LOVES YOU!!
Unread 10-06-2008, 01:01 PM   #9
PhantomTheifSai
It's A-L-L-E-N !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashii007 View Post
PhantomTheifSai- That sounds like alot of fun! I am very very tempted to do crazy things like that. Exspecialy(sp? i can't spell right now... x.x) 'cuse we have a highschool anime club and we are all nuts. It would be fun to mess around in cosplay. haha I went to walmart yesterday in cosplay, people were looking at me wierd, it felt awsome. ^_^

Kino017-Sounds like alot of fun with those cosplays. =D

I can't wait... ggrrr and I am getting closer and closer to finishing my cosplays, ahhh! I get my self so excited I think it is bad for my health. x.x
So does my highschool! I is the Co-president ^_^ Finally!
Ah yeah it's fun to be different out in public! I did the same in Target as Lucy from Elfen Lied. and this lady took a pic of me...it was funny XD lol
Unread 10-06-2008, 05:25 PM   #10
Kashii007

Lol is would laugh so hard if they were tourists. 'Hhmm they have some wierd people here.'
haha =D

And I hope everyone can go! The more the merrier! XD
Unread 10-06-2008, 10:00 PM   #11
PhantomTheifSai
It's A-L-L-E-N !

Yes it would! lol
I bet that would make a wonderful first impression on tourists XD
Unread 10-06-2008, 11:04 PM   #12
Serria
tea-drinker

I was just working out cosplay ideas!! XD; Oh man I can't wait until AD!

If I don't get one of my friends to be Light again this year, I think I'm going to convert my L into a Beyond Birthday. Because it'll be fun. XD If not, I'll just be Light myself, he's my favorite!

Probably Aeris Gainsborough again, since I bring her to every convention.

I really wanna make a new costume but I've no concrete ideas yet, just little muses.
Serria is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2008, 10:29 AM   #13
Kashii007

My edward is my 'real' cosplay i am making. My rukia I bought online, and my shana i peiced together from stuff from like goodwill, and what not. =D

It will hopefully be a really really fun year!
Unread 10-15-2008, 01:22 AM   #14
Dr.Saki

Going as yellow power ranger from MMPR (original) along with a putty, and a megazord (damn straight). really excited for Detour. its the only think I look forward to after christmas that keeps me going through school XD its my reward. I love going its so much fun. Did Shion for a bit last year till I found out I was allergic to wig. Plus the dress was kept up with fishing wire. Not fun.
but anyway. MMPR costume is 75-80% done. Have to do sewing of diamonds, buy white gloves, and make helmet, but its all done otherwise. Megazord is 5% done. Putty is...well if we can get the zentai its gonna be like 75% done XD easy costume
anyway ya Im really excited to see everyone there!
Cosmo (Fairly Odd Parents) 100%
Civil War America-90%
Calvin(and hobbes) 0%
Ashirogi Muto (bakuman)- 0%
Fred "Freddy" Jones (Scooby doo)-90%
Canada Relaxed (hetalia) 80%

Anime Detour, M.A.C, Anime Iowa, Nebraskon.
Dr.Saki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2008, 09:52 PM   #15
Frog_King
I'm working on it!

OH MY ALICE NINE!!!! I am so excited for Detour!! I'm gonna be Lavi from D. Gray Man. ALMOST FINISHED! PhantomtheifSai is coming over this wknd & we're gonna finish up some stuff. If anyone is going as Matt for Death Note or if you're going as Jrock....I must hunt you down and hug you!!
Aaaaaaaaaanyway.....EXCITED!
wo0t!