Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > TV/Movie/Musical (live action)

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 104 votes, 4.96 average.
Unread 02-12-2009, 03:13 PM   #181
LordDraco3
On a mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akado View Post
You look fucking AWESOME. Come be our Graverobber <3
Thanks, your Amber & Mag look amazing!
And Pavi was losing his face. Kinda fitting if you ask me.
LordDraco3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-12-2009, 04:35 PM   #182
TrannyMess
That Funky Old Gran

Nice Graverobber wip there!

Katsucon tomorrow. Sunday will be deliciously repo-y. If anybody's there look out for a Pavi, Zydrate Anatomy amber Sweet, and a Blind Mag
Scott Pilgrim - Scott Pilgrim
Queen Victoria - Kuroshitsuji
Prussia - Axis Powers Hetalia
Badou Nails - Dogs: Bullets and Carnage
TrannyMess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2009, 12:11 AM   #183
starlet_flower
Miss GENtern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Saru View Post
I recently saw Repo! and I'm addicted to it. I haven't stopped listening to the songs for days.

Point of my post: I'm considering a cosplay, but I'm not sure which one to do.

I must say I love all the costumes in this thread. You guys are great.
hmmm...i can see you as Blind Mag, especially the "Tao of Mag" version. or maybe Shilo during the song "Seventeen."

Finished Costumes
SurGEN-Repo! The Genetic Opera
GENtern(regular version)-Repo! The Genetic Opera
Opera GENtern-Repo! The Genetic Opera
starlet_flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2009, 01:26 AM   #184
Vitamin T

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintQ View Post
Rotti is not a cosplay not often attempted I don't think. Props to you, T! Its fantastic!
Thanks!
Vitamin T is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2009, 01:59 PM   #185
moonflower.

I got my Over the knee stockings for my Shilo costume, and I put the cameo necklace together.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y13...215091419a.jpg (Skirt and stockings)
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y13...0215091419.jpg (necklace)

Ignore the tan tanktop. I don't have any clean short sleeved white shirts with me at the moment.
moonflower. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2009, 02:49 PM   #186
LordDraco3
On a mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonflower. View Post
I got my Over the knee stockings for my Shilo costume, and I put the cameo necklace together.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y13...215091419a.jpg (Skirt and stockings)
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y13...0215091419.jpg (necklace)

Ignore the tan tanktop. I don't have any clean short sleeved white shirts with me at the moment.
Looks good so far!
Unread 02-16-2009, 12:54 AM   #187
Schezar

I'm working on a Graverobber for ACEN, having a little difficulty with the Zydrate gun, and I can't decide whether or not to buy a wig yet, I can't tell if my hair will be long enough to be passing by then, decisions decisions.
Schezar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2009, 12:57 AM   #188
SaintQ
8D 8D 8D

Got back from Katsucon and am searching about for pictures of my finished Pavi cosplay which I will post here. Lotsa people recognized me and my Amber Sweet. I just wish the place hadn't been so darn crowded!
SaintQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2009, 01:40 AM   #189
moonflower.

I just found the real watch they used for Shilo in the movie, so I bit the bullet and spent the money to buy it. Its going to set my budget back a little, but its the real one.. I was spending all this time trying to figure out how to re-create it, and it was just getting too extreme.

I'll post pictures once I get it!
Unread 02-16-2009, 04:38 PM   #190
LordDraco3
On a mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonflower. View Post
I just found the real watch they used for Shilo in the movie, so I bit the bullet and spent the money to buy it. Its going to set my budget back a little, but its the real one.. I was spending all this time trying to figure out how to re-create it, and it was just getting too extreme.

I'll post pictures once I get it!
This? http://www.nooka.com/buy/index.php?m...products_id=36

And Schezar, check out the repo forums. There is a tutorial on how to make the *exact* gun from the movie, and a few people (myself included) are making custom ones. I've almost finished mine, still trying to figure out the LED issue though.
Damn I hate myself for forgetting to buy these awesome pre-wired compact LEDs at Ikkicon. I saw them, and then totally forgot to get them on my way out the door >_<
Unread 02-16-2009, 05:43 PM   #191
moonflower.

Yep, That one!. I'm totally going to use it as a regular watch too. Haha.
Unread 02-16-2009, 06:11 PM   #192
Xavietta
A.K.A St. Kitten

Hey everyone I read through all the past pages, but I still don't know if I'll be able to catch up lol everyone's costumes look great!

I'm planning a couple repoman costumes for my boyfriend and I. Unfortunately I couldn't really connect with any of the female characters as far as cosplay, so I thought "I want to be a repoman!"

I read on one of the past pages that the base of the helmet is a paintball mask. I have to say I can't believe I didn't think of that before, so I'm ordering a couple of these:
http://www.a-1paintballstore.com/p-2...ngle-lens.aspx

Does anyone have any suggestions for the material for the jacket? I'm thinking of using latex:
http://www.mjtrends.com/products.Bla...Latex-Sheeting

I'm opting not to do the apron, so I don't need to worry about that. I'm going to first start working on some weapons and the jacket pattern. Will post pix when I can ^^
Xavietta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2009, 12:46 AM   #193
LordDraco3
On a mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavietta View Post
Hey everyone I read through all the past pages, but I still don't know if I'll be able to catch up lol everyone's costumes look great!

I'm planning a couple repoman costumes for my boyfriend and I. Unfortunately I couldn't really connect with any of the female characters as far as cosplay, so I thought "I want to be a repoman!"

I read on one of the past pages that the base of the helmet is a paintball mask. I have to say I can't believe I didn't think of that before, so I'm ordering a couple of these:
http://www.a-1paintballstore.com/p-2...ngle-lens.aspx

Does anyone have any suggestions for the material for the jacket? I'm thinking of using latex:
http://www.mjtrends.com/products.Bla...Latex-Sheeting

I'm opting not to do the apron, so I don't need to worry about that. I'm going to first start working on some weapons and the jacket pattern. Will post pix when I can ^^
I went out and bought a paintball mask & blue LED strip tonight myself. Should be fun!
The Repo Man costume was officially made using a very dark green vinyl, which looked black on camera. Good luck!

And just a suggestion, there was a Repo Woman in the repoverse, who apparently reposessed fetuses, but was cut from the plot due to time constraints. I think it would be really cool to see a costume made for this, or one of the many other Repo Men from the intro comic scene and/or Night Surgen scene.

EDIT: Whoops, I was apparently only somewhat right. Here is a post I saw on the repo forums:
Quote:
Now I maybe wrong but looking at the photo's close this is how I understand it.
The coat is made up of 3 panels- Back, Left side and Right side (minus the arms and the collar)
The Back and the under flap(right panel) are made up of a slightly softer, streachier matte like fabric, it seems to maybe have a bit of texture to it, a vinyl that had a backing.
The left panel is made from a PVC, smooth rubbery type panel. This panel is differnt as it was ment to be a built on apron according to the creators
Black fabric was used for both. Alex then used grey-green mix acrylic paint, and some metallic silver acrylic paint to breakdown the coat and mask to give it a worn look. I am hoping she see's this and can explain a bit on how that was put on, was it sprayed? or what not. Adam is going to upload many many new pictures of the jacket this week so hopefully we will all know more about it then. I know I have a few more questions on it before I start to make mine.
I also started working on my mask. God I love the LEDs-in-the-helmet idea, it looks SO COOL!!

Last edited by LordDraco3 : 02-17-2009 at 04:29 AM.
Unread 02-17-2009, 11:01 AM   #194
Xavietta
A.K.A St. Kitten

oh man I am totally not going to stress about finding dark green vinyl lol I think I might still go with the black latex, but I'll use 2 thicknesses for the different panels. What are you making your mask out of? I'm going to try molded leather. I've needed an excuse to try that anyway
Xavietta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2009, 02:47 PM   #195
lexiphane

Hey all! Your costumes look so fantastic!

I'm doing Graverobber for Comicon this year and, frankly, his coat is proving more problematic then I'd like.
lexiphane is offline   Reply With Quote