Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > TV/Movie/Musical (live action)

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 69 votes, 4.94 average.
Unread 01-16-2009, 07:40 PM   #61
SaintQ
8D 8D 8D

Personally I think Repo's not big enough to warrant its own con yet. After all, Rocky Horror doesn't have one. I think it should stay to the midnight ring. More fun that way. Cheaper too c:

Anyhow! I don't have the time to make a lifecast with my busy school schedule, so I'm going to modify up a craft mask at least for Katsucon.
Here's my WIP c:

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1870630/
SaintQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-19-2009, 08:15 AM   #62
SteampunkKiasyd
Steampunk Disney Rebel

Just make sure to have your friend use some sort of moisturizer and perhaps Vaseline on her face before applying the plaster strips. It'll keep her skin from drying out under the plaster (which will get a bit warm while it's drying) and aid in the release of the mold. Also, two short pieces of straw stuck in her nostrils will keep the nostrils open on the mold and allow her to breathe while the plaster's on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaku_X View Post
Indeed.There's a myspace as well as a facebook for it.

But,for whatever reason...mostly people arguing over who thought of it first and should rightfully organize it-It's a banned topic of discussion on the board and in the chat.

But omgomgliekawsumomg*cough*it would be so awesome.I plan to go help out with the setting up and whatnot when it's actually all finalized.

And SaintQ-If you can find it at either a craft store or toy store that sells model trains,you can get rolls of plaster wrap.You just wet it and lay it on the persons' face til it hardens and pull it off.It's really simple and afterward you just paint in the latex,peel that out and paint it.
Hopefully I's helpful.
I'm doing a variation on the theme for a LARP character I play here in Gainesville. My Tzimisce character for the Ocala Sabbat chronicle of Vampire: the Masquerade is rapidly becoming a steampunk version of an amalgamation of GraveRobber and Nathan Wallace (the Repo Man). I'm currently working on a steampunk version of a six-shot Zydrate gun based on the frame of a Nerf Maverick that I found on the Repo! forums, and haven't quite decided how to do the mask yet (or if I'll just do goggles and a surgical mask), though I'll probably adapt the duster I've already got with a black vinyl chemical apron (as soon as I can find one -- I think maybe I can get one at Home Depot or Lowe's).

Last edited by Michi : 01-24-2009 at 06:17 PM. Reason: merging a double post
SteampunkKiasyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2009, 01:07 AM   #63
JackShadow
Aim for the Head

REPO! army member here

i am so stoaked to see your costume! i was thinking of doing a blind mag costume myself but im not 100% on it. i just got my dvd today!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintQ View Post
After all, Rocky Horror doesn't have one.

rocky does have its own con in las vegas i believe...
but last i checked its 21+ but magenta and riff raff have made appearances there

Last edited by Michi : 01-24-2009 at 06:17 PM. Reason: merging a double post
JackShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2009, 01:23 AM   #64
Twin Bee
Cuz twins do it better ;3

Quote:
Personally I think Repo's not big enough to warrant its own con yet. After all, Rocky Horror doesn't have one. I think it should stay to the midnight ring. More fun that way. Cheaper too c:

Anyhow! I don't have the time to make a lifecast with my busy school schedule, so I'm going to modify up a craft mask at least for Katsucon.
Here's my WIP c:

Your Pavi is looking awesome so far :D Loooove the pants! And there is a Rocky Horror Con here in NJ~ It's once a year in Atlantic City. We couldn't go this year cuz it was the same days as NYAF! :[

And omg I got the first half of the shipment of feathers I ordered for Mag's Chromaggia outfit today! They are totally gorgeous and PERFECT! SO happpppyyy. Here is a pic~ 'Scuse the shitty webcam quality and my sleepyface. First day of classes XD

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...n/Photo301.jpg NOMNOMNOM FEATHERS

And here's a pic of my eyelashes. I have a pair for the bottoms of my eyes too. I might layer another more feathery pair over the top of those too.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...n/Photo305.jpg

I also have my boots as well. I'm thinking of buying some hair extensions as well to get her crazy volume!

I found her contacts too, just gotta get the monies for em. Those contacts are killing me! I've already spent about $200 on this costume so far. Good thing I love Repo so much XD

Juli is working on Amber as well :] It's looking like we'll have to hand-sew all those rhinestones on D: Waaah XD

~twins

[Otakon]

Last edited by Twin Bee : 01-21-2009 at 01:24 AM. Reason: Adding stuff
Twin Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2009, 02:15 AM   #65
JellyFish72

Well, I'm totally doing a Shilo costume for A-Kon! I need a summer suit-like outfit, anyway, so I can probably do the ZA outfit.

Anyone else going to A-Kon? We could meet up in the skywalk to PotA and sing!
{Meganium - Pokemon Gijinka - 5% - Gathering Materials}
{Shilo Wallace - Repo! The Genetic Opera - 5% - Gathering Materials}

Planned Cosplays: Princess Kraehe
JellyFish72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2009, 02:21 AM   #66
LordDraco3
On a mission

I'll get something rigged up for A-Kon, I just watched Repo an hour ago and LOVED it.
My friend wants to be the Repo man, but I like him very much as well. I don't think I can make a Repo suit in such a short time though...so...

Graverobber was too close to my tastes. Long rainbow hair, maroon trenchcoat, big boots, biker gloves, and HOLY CRAP A MONOCLE. I've had one for a while now ever since my urge to cosplay Sparda and I have kinda been tied to monocles ever since, but when he pulled that thing out I was just like "okay, I'm making a Graverobber costume."
LordDraco3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2009, 04:15 AM   #67
Twin Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordDraco3 View Post
I'll get something rigged up for A-Kon, I just watched Repo an hour ago and LOVED it.
My friend wants to be the Repo man, but I like him very much as well. I don't think I can make a Repo suit in such a short time though...so...

Graverobber was too close to my tastes. Long rainbow hair, maroon trenchcoat, big boots, biker gloves, and HOLY CRAP A MONOCLE. I've had one for a while now ever since my urge to cosplay Sparda and I have kinda been tied to monocles ever since, but when he pulled that thing out I was just like "okay, I'm making a Graverobber costume."
You'll make a wonderful Graverobber! It's awesome to see more DMC fans doin Repo cosplay~! Speaking of which, you're a badass Dante :]

[Otakon]
Unread 01-23-2009, 03:46 PM   #68
SaintQ
8D 8D 8D

Akado, where the hell did you find Blind Mag contacts? Wouldn't they be expensive if they're custom order?
Unread 01-23-2009, 04:10 PM   #69
Twin Bee

Quote:
Akado, where the hell did you find Blind Mag contacts? Wouldn't they be expensive if they're custom order?
http://exoticlenses.com/catalog/prod...products_id=31

They're not TOO bad. Apparently someone asked Terrance at the RRT and he said those were the contacts worn by Sarah.

Here's a pic showing them.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1.../REPO_7685.jpg

Oh and REPO PROPS ARE ON EBAY.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZraybin-management2

Those are all from the movie! If you got some extra cash, try to win some!

[Otakon]

Last edited by Twin Bee : 01-23-2009 at 04:12 PM. Reason: adding a link
Unread 01-23-2009, 04:18 PM   #70
SaintQ
8D 8D 8D

As much as I love Repo! I don't see much use in spending money for props I can easily make on my own :c

And those are it? They looked like special order to me. Like shutter-leaves more.
Unread 01-23-2009, 08:32 PM   #71
Chibi Lenne
Ghoulia

That was actually me posting in the repo forums about the contacts for Mag. Those Blue Pinwheels that I -already- have. They'll do since the lenses for Mag were purple shopped blue.

The actual Mag lenses are these: http://www.fxeyes.com/fxstore/shop/item.aspx?itemid=18

The pinwheels are much cheaper though they look like this(Unphotoshopped) http://photography.solartempest.net/..._DSC3754.JPG#1

2013 Cosplay Plans
Queen Elsa / Coronation Elsa / La Carlotta / Miss Frizzle / Vocaloid... thing
Follow me on Facebook for more updates
Costume Con 35 Will be RETURNING to Toronto 2017!!
Chibi Lenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2009, 11:19 PM   #72
JellyFish72

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordDraco3 View Post

Okay, for serious, if you do a Graverobber costume, you and I are totally meeting up for pictures at some point. And possibly a song. xD But definitely pictures!
{Meganium - Pokemon Gijinka - 5% - Gathering Materials}
{Shilo Wallace - Repo! The Genetic Opera - 5% - Gathering Materials}

Planned Cosplays: Princess Kraehe
JellyFish72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2009, 04:09 AM   #73
LordDraco3
On a mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akado View Post
You'll make a wonderful Graverobber! It's awesome to see more DMC fans doin Repo cosplay~! Speaking of which, you're a badass Dante :]
Thanks! That's nice to hear =D
Let us see Blind Mag ASAP!

Those ebay auctions are going for some pretty crazy prices (the medicine bottle one I have to laugh at. It had, what, 1 second of screen time? Also, they have some naruto kunais for sale which seemed kinda bizzare), but I would LOVE to get that Graverobber right hand glove. Way too expensive for me, though. If only the left hand came with it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyFish72 View Post
Okay, for serious, if you do a Graverobber costume, you and I are totally meeting up for pictures at some point. And possibly a song. xD But definitely pictures!
I'll be sure to pack some zydrate.

Okay, so I've done some research and getting Graverobber ready before A-Kon should be simple. As for Repo man, if my friend wants to fund the costumes (he isn't the craft type of person), I'll just ask him to pay for 2 sets of materials so that I can make one for myself.
LordDraco3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2009, 05:03 AM   #74
JackShadow
Aim for the Head

I'm thinking of putting together a blind mag costume for next year but i have no idea where to even start x_x

my dvd came today though!!! ^_^
JackShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2009, 07:13 AM   #75
Soomka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akado View Post
I'm also working on Chromaggia Blind Mag and wondering where you managed to get those from? My furious Googling has failed me so far.
Soomka is offline   Reply With Quote