Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > TV/Movie/Musical (live action)

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 135 votes, 4.97 average.
Unread 12-31-2009, 07:32 PM   #766
gardenofatlas

Hello everyone!

I got into Repo! a few months before Dragon*Con last year but had so much on my plate that doing another costume was pretty much out of the question... and I had absolutely no clue that anyone beyond the Rocky fans did shadow-cast type performances. I've just recently learned that here in Atlanta we have a group (21st Century Cure) and I've decided that as a present to myself for getting in shape I'm going to make Amber's black and white yarn dress (What is the official name of this costume?) for the next showing in February.

I love corsets and I love the idea of making something that I can wear to something that isn't a convention or a reenactment (historical costuming is my main area of interest).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenmist View Post
Thanks!! Yeah I was thinking of just doing sculpey and being done with it. lol. If you have those links though I'd appreciate so I can send them to my sis.

Your Amber costumes are great!! My sis is having such a problem with the corset top of the black/white Amber dress. At least we found the yarn online and will get that next.
Thanks for the help!!
Do you mind my asking where you found this yarn? I've been doing some looking and can't quite find something I'm happy with. My next step is going to have someone on the Etsy "alchemy" boards custom make me something as I don't spin, I only knit, if I can't find something ready made. Thank you ahead of time!

Thrilled to be here, everyone's costumes are amazing. I'm hoping to join the official Repo! boards too, I'm just waiting on the admin to OK my membership : )

The South East's only early 19th century costuming and reenactment group.

gardenofatlas is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-01-2010, 07:52 PM   #767
ravenmist
I love lamp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardenofatlas View Post
Hello everyone!

Do you mind my asking where you found this yarn? I've been doing some looking and can't quite find something I'm happy with. My next step is going to have someone on the Etsy "alchemy" boards custom make me something as I don't spin, I only knit, if I can't find something ready made. Thank you ahead of time!

Thrilled to be here, everyone's costumes are amazing. I'm hoping to join the official Repo! boards too, I'm just waiting on the admin to OK my membership : )

Hooray for 21st Century Cure! I've gone a couple times to see them. I have friends in the cast so I love going to see them perform.

As far as the yarn goes...I'm not sure. My sister is the one who got it online. I'll ask her next time I talk to her though. Or unless she actually remembers to check the boards here and sees this. Haha.

Ya know. I'm a member of the boards and I have yet to post anything. lol. Most of my Shilo pictures are hiding away on a harddrive until I can get my laptop fixed.

2013 Conventions:
Emerald City Comicon
Sakuracon

Elizabeth - Bioshock Infinite, Oswin Oswald - Doctor Who, Twilight Sparkle - MLP: FIM, Arwen - LOTR
ravenmist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2010, 08:23 AM   #768
moonflower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenmist View Post
Ya know. I'm a member of the boards and I have yet to post anything. lol. Most of my Shilo pictures are hiding away on a harddrive until I can get my laptop fixed.

Fail! You'd qualify for a shilo sister.. I'd nominate you!
moonflower. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2010, 03:17 PM   #769
ravenmist
I love lamp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonflower. View Post
Fail! You'd qualify for a shilo sister.. I'd nominate you!
I know! I fail. =(
I may have to throw Shilo on tomorrow and get a few pics until I can get mine back. I have a couple I can snag from other people though. We shall see.

2013 Conventions:
Emerald City Comicon
Sakuracon

Elizabeth - Bioshock Infinite, Oswin Oswald - Doctor Who, Twilight Sparkle - MLP: FIM, Arwen - LOTR
Unread 01-02-2010, 03:44 PM   #770
moonflower.

Aww,. -hugs- you're not so fail. Just failing at posting on the repo!boards. There's a difference.

Ohh, do that!! That's fun!
moonflower. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2010, 07:00 PM   #771
ravenmist
I love lamp.

Quote:
Aww,. -hugs- you're not so fail. Just failing at posting on the repo!boards. There's a difference.

Ohh, do that!! That's fun!
No longer a fail! I finally made a post (you got a little shout out too).
I was gonna finish Final Opera Shilo today, but...damn...Doctor Who is addictive.

2013 Conventions:
Emerald City Comicon
Sakuracon

Unread 01-04-2010, 10:02 AM   #772
MagiFox
Spacey-Wacey

OMG, why have I not seen this thread before?! (FAIL.) I actually saw the film online last summer and then I bought the DVD less than a week later, although I wish I had bought the Blu-Ray version since it had more Bonus Features and the Deleted Scenes. I was first introduced to the craze at Anime Noth 2009 where I saw the Repo! Shadow Cats make an appearance outside the convention center, and I saw a Repo Man at the Dealer's Room. I was afraid of seeing it at first since I'm usually can't stomach bloody and gorey movies, but then again I did see Sweeny Todd and that kind of make me squirm a little in my seat. But it's a musical, so why not have a little horror in the mix?

I thought of cosplaying Graverobber ('cause he's my fave character, next to Blind Mag) or Nathan/Repo Man ('cause the leather suit is AWESOME with the glowy LED helmet. Out of my budget, unfortunately) sometime in the near future. But I will be watching this thread to see more Repo! cosplays. Some of them I've seen are amazingly well done, especially the Amber ones.

BTW, has anyone seen this film trailer yet? It's a total rip off of Repo! The Genetic Opera but with a larger budget and it has Jude Law in a Nathan-like role. It's called "Repo Men". But from what I've heard, the creators pitched the Repo! project at Universal, but the studio declined in making the film. And now they're ripping off a cult classic!

WARNING: Red Band trailer (as in lots of blood, gore and disturbing scenes)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0N752YausYo
12th Doctor [Female] (Doctor Who)
Wirt (Over the Garden Wall)

[~Upcoming Events~]
Montreal Comic Con 2015
MagiFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2010, 11:24 AM   #773
limebarb
As Lime as a Barb can be

I didn't really love the movie, but my roommate wanted to do Repo! costumes, so we'll be doing those at this Ohayocon (among a few others). We wanted to do them for Dragon*Con, but we ended up unable to go. Who else is gonna be rockin Repo! costume at Ohio this year?
limebarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2010, 01:54 PM   #774
Twin Bee
Cuz twins do it better ;3

Quote:
Originally Posted by limebarb View Post
I didn't really love the movie, but my roommate wanted to do Repo! costumes, so we'll be doing those at this Ohayocon (among a few others). We wanted to do them for Dragon*Con, but we ended up unable to go. Who else is gonna be rockin Repo! costume at Ohio this year?
Wish we were going so we could cosplay Repo! with you! What characters will you be doing? :]

[Otakon]
Twin Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2010, 09:37 PM   #775
ravenmist
I love lamp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by limebarb View Post
I'm curious to see who you'll be doing. You'd look great as Amber I think.

If I still lived up North I'd love to go to Ohayocon.

2013 Conventions:
Emerald City Comicon
Sakuracon

Unread 01-05-2010, 07:14 AM   #776
CezzaXV
OOOH! SHOCK TREATMENT!

Hey lovely Repo people! I've not been around the boards much lately, I tend to go in phases with cosplay.

Not been able to get much work on my ZA Amber costume as of late, I'm waiting for my parents to buy me the new sewing machine they've promised me. I'm hoping it'll be within the next week or two.

That and I'm trying to save my money for a new laptop before my current one breaks and I'm still not sure if I'll be able to afford a con this year, and if so, which one!
Unread 01-05-2010, 01:44 PM   #777
SilverLinings
Crazy twins with guns

Quote:
Unfortunately it's not an easy outfit to make. There's a lot of pattern modification needed. I haven't made one, but I know people that have. I believe there are a few people in here that will be able to help you out. I know how to make a pretty decent looking helmet for it (sans lighting... i'm still learning that one) so I can always help with any questions with that.
How would you make the helmet? (Also wants to cosplay Repo Man and my friends being Shilo )

Next Conventions: (group account)
Debitto: Anime Expo
Axel and Tetsu: Animinneapolis
Jasdero: is in Japan
SilverLinings is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2010, 02:25 PM   #778
ApocaWhat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverLinings View Post
How would you make the helmet? (Also wants to cosplay Repo Man and my friends being Shilo )
I ended up modifying a cheap paintball helmet from amazon - i.e. chopping pieces off, and adding pieces on with thick layers of carboard and plastic.

I used leatherette/pvc from some womens trousers for the actual helmet.

This might be of use to some of you: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=42545882116
ApocaWhat? is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2010, 09:42 PM   #779
ravenmist
I love lamp.

Seriously. I finally put pictures of my Shilo in my gallery. Good grief. I want my old computer back with all my stuff on it.

And to those making the Repo Man jacket...so not easy. I kinda want to scrap mine and totally remake it with different fabric. The actual jacket is much lighter and smoother than I had expected, so I want to find something similar to that. I took one of the Matrix-ish coat patterns and chopped some pieces up a bit. Made the bottom more straight, cut the front part to where it folds over like the Repo Man jacket. It turned out somewhat well. Mine is also fully lined w/ the green cotton fabric like the actual jacket has. Hope that helps a little bit. I never did get around to putting all the details on the jacket. Kinda glad I didn't now cause I want to redo it.

2013 Conventions:
Emerald City Comicon
Sakuracon

Unread 01-10-2010, 11:48 PM   #780
momokokills

Omg, if any of you are going to Ohayocon, I will be there as Shilo. I would totally love to meet up and take photos together!

Tekkoshocon (Pittsburgh, PA - Dates TBA)

Otakon (Baltimore, MD - Dates TBA)

Check out my cosplay photography here!
momokokills is offline   Reply With Quote