Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Unread 10-07-2008, 05:43 PM   #1
BeautifulDirt

How to make my face look cuter

Like extra extra cute. Almost a kind of cute that overwhelms you.
Okay, maybe it doesn't have to be that cute, but that would be nice.
I have a really cute costume but I don't feel like the way I do my makeup is cute enough.
But I don't want to look like I'm wearing a lot of makeup (without circle lenses or ordering anything off of the internet).

My complexion

I tried looking at the blogs of the other @home maids but I don't know how they do it!
BeautifulDirt is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-07-2008, 07:47 PM   #2
Leradny
"The Cool Joint"

If that's a Lolita outfit you're planning to wear, definitely use a natural makeup job. Foundation and concealer to even out your skin tone, some eyeliner and mascara, and a nice lip-gloss ought to do the trick. Eyeshadow and blush should be used with some caution to avoid looking garish and thus not cute.

But you're actually pretty cute to begin with--that mournful look often makes people look like seriously wet blankets, but my first impression of you was "D'awww." Expression is the key to looking cute, and while makeup will give you a bit of a boost I don't really think you'll have a problem being adorable.
Leradny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2008, 01:22 AM   #3
onewingedjade
Escaping Reality

I'm not sure how much help this is.. but I noticed in your picture, your makeup is very smudgy. I'd use more defined lines, like with liquid eyeliner or black eyeshadow with an angled brush. Fake eyelashes (not like super big ones, but normal ones) will add a nice effect too. Use baby pink or white for eyeshadow, and maybe a pink tinted lip gloss/lipstick.
onewingedjade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2008, 01:32 AM   #4
Haineko
I cannot the skill!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leradny View Post
But you're actually pretty cute to begin with--that mournful look often makes people look like seriously wet blankets, but my first impression of you was "D'awww." Expression is the key to looking cute, and while makeup will give you a bit of a boost I don't really think you'll have a problem being adorable.
I totally agree about the expression, you have to project cuteness If you "feel cute" and act that way, then you'll start looking that way too!
Haineko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2008, 03:11 AM   #5
Jaisuke
ಠ_ಠ

Your already pretty cute :3

Maybe make your eye-makeup less smudgy (finer)
Foundation, blush.
A light rosy lipstick~!

Maybe test the makeup before buying it?
Different colours look good on different faces~

Then you can practice cute faces, stances in the mirror! See a cute picture you like and see how the person was standing to look cute - but it's different for every person <@.@
I guess you'll just have to find something you like <(^^ )
Jaisuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2008, 04:39 AM   #6
BeautifulDirt

Thanks you guys!
(BTW, it's a maid costume)
I ran out of liquid eyeliner so I've been using eyeshadow everyday (which, by the end of the day looks worse than this). My mom gives me weird looks if I ask her for more and then gets upset when I ask to use hers. XP But, I'm going to get some before the con XD

Would something like this be fine or are there ways I can improve it and make it cuter?
Unread 10-08-2008, 10:04 AM   #7
Madame Alaina
Wo ai ni!

Try and find this. You put the pencil on the ridge of the eyelid. Don't blink for about 30 seconds and it dries there without irritating the eye. It will stay there for a long time too. By putting white around the inside of the lid like that, it gives the eyes a more "doe eyed" look. It is super cute! Also, this is some of the best make up on the planet. It is all that I will use. I have a ton of chemical allergies and this stuff is safe. It also works great for really fine lines too and doesn't smudge.
Madame Alaina is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2008, 03:16 AM   #8
VickyBunnyAngel
Puchuu

Some fake eyelashes would help as well, or maybe curl your lashes some more, and use a lengthening mascara.

Emerald Scorpion Creations
2012 Upcoming conventions: G-Anime, Katsucon, Con-G, Anime North, Otakuthon, Fan Expo, Youmacon

Costumes 2012: Yuuko (xxxHolic), Miku (Alice Human Sacrifice Vocaloid), V-13 (Blazblue), Homura (Puella Magi Madoka Magica), Ninian (Fire Emblem), La Noire Musketeer (Granado Espada)

Watch me on deviantART: http://vickybunnyangel.deviantart.com/

Join me at Costume Con 32 in Toronto!
VickyBunnyAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2008, 04:33 AM   #9
BeautifulDirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickyBunnyAngel View Post
Some fake eyelashes would help as well, or maybe curl your lashes some more, and use a lengthening mascara.
Thanks!
I'll need to pick up an eyelash curler at some point...
My eyelashes are actually pretty long. People are sometimes surprised that they're real lol
Unread 10-09-2008, 10:23 AM   #10
Madame Alaina
Wo ai ni!

I have tried to post to this thread several times now but it won't show. So if another post shows up, I'm sorry...

I would suggest using white eyeliner along the inner eyelid. Urban Decay makes a greaty eyeliner called 24/7 that comes in all sorts of colors including white. When you apply the liner, keep the eye open for about 30 seconds to let it dry. It will stay for quite awhile. This will give the eye a "Doe-Eyed" look. That will definitely add to the cuteness!
Madame Alaina is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2008, 03:55 PM   #11
BeautifulDirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Alaina View Post
I have tried to post to this thread several times now but it won't show. So if another post shows up, I'm sorry...

I would suggest using white eyeliner along the inner eyelid. Urban Decay makes a greaty eyeliner called 24/7 that comes in all sorts of colors including white. When you apply the liner, keep the eye open for about 30 seconds to let it dry. It will stay for quite awhile. This will give the eye a "Doe-Eyed" look. That will definitely add to the cuteness!
Coolness! I'll be sure to try that.
Unread 10-13-2008, 04:19 PM   #12
fechan
Team Blasť

Something similar was asked I while back. I remembered posting on the threat so it was easy for me to find: http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=145452
fechan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2008, 04:25 PM   #13
BeautifulDirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by fechan View Post
Something similar was asked I while back. I remembered posting on the threat so it was easy for me to find: http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=145452
I check this one out!
The thing about searching for makeup things, I don't want to take the wrong advice for my skin color, y'know?
And then, I can't check back with people I know since I'm the only person in my circle of friends who wears any makeup lol
But thank you! I'm going to read over this one!
Unread 10-17-2008, 01:12 AM   #14
guardianterra

I think the first thing that draws my attention is the fact you look a bit sleepy, the shadows under your eyes give that impression. My trick for making that fade is one a concealer, and then if you can take a highlight and carefully blend it under your eyes... Seeing as I have horrible explaining skills I shall give you this link Vidio link That will explain that better then I can >.<

If you can I would try and get your hands on the book "Stage Makeup" By Richard Corson and James Glavan. Chapter 19 of this book address Darker skin tones, and I think some place it also has corrective makeup (it is helpful for if you wanna round out your face or fix little things like dark under eyes) I would search the libraries as it is slightly expensive >.< ( College text book, but worth the price if you are into makeup for a living.)

But over all I think you are heading in the right direction =^.^=

Anime NebrasKon: Staff Shirt of AMAZING
guardianterra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2008, 05:14 PM   #15
BeautifulDirt

Thank you!
I've been trying to find if there was a way to get rid of those things under my eyes! They've been like that forever and I hate how it makes my eyes look most of the time.
I'll see if I can get to the library but if I can't I'll try to find some other way or just find a scan.