Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > EGL

Closed Thread
Unread 10-08-2008, 09:24 PM   #1
Lady Porcelina

Lolita Bedroom

Hello all! I'm redesigning my room in a Lolita style, and would like a few suggestions, as well as a few answers. As of right now I can't quite define what class its in, but I'm trying to go for a classic Lolita look for my room. I already have a few pieces of furniture wondering what category it would fall into. I just recently bought a white wicker bed frame and some floral printed curtains and quilt. Base color is white with pink green and lavender patchwork of various rose patterns. What are some ideas other Lolita might suggest to better fit my theme. I'd like to go with something like a classic/Victorian theme.

Unread 10-09-2008, 05:49 AM   #2
pixi

Dolls.
Like porcelian ones.
find a few really cute ones and put them on your shelf.
Unread 10-12-2008, 11:18 AM   #3
Leggs Diamond
Link at heart

You might try to replace the regular looking lamps in your room with something more victorian or rococo. and the colors you paint your walls will really effect the overall look so try to pull some of the more feminine colors out of your bedspread for that~!

I have a sweet lolita room, Light blue bed spread and rug, white furniture, and pink walls with light pink stripes.

If you really want to go to town and your ceiling is high enough You could think about getting a small chandelier. XD I've wanted to do that forever~!
Link . . you know
Unread 10-13-2008, 01:26 PM   #4
MsKtty89

I'm glad this topic came up because I have considered rearranging mine to be like this.

Are there any good places to check for lolitaesque furniture? I have one small dresser/drawer thing that's white and very victorian/lolita looking and I love it, but that's about it as far as my lolita stuff goes sadly. I rent, so I can't paint or do too much else at this point...
°~(|/\|
Unread 10-13-2008, 01:47 PM   #5
TheLadySummoner
LaLiLuLeLo?

I don't know if there are any places in particular, but if you really want victorian looking furniture, I'd check out an antique store (however, this might be a little expensive.). I'd also try thrift stores. You never know what someone will throw away.

Perhaps a nice wingback chair in the room would look nice. Something like this one, maybe: http://www.dargate.com/222_auction/222images/1161.jpg

Also, a really easy way to add decoration would be to decoupage victorian or lolita images onto things.

I'm also glad someone brought this up. I recently redecorated my bathroom to be as lolita as I could get it without disgusting my roommates with the sweetness! I was considering posting some pictures to see what people thought.
~Operetta - Monster High

Planned Costumes:
~Princess Zelda - Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
~Madoka Kaname school uniform - Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Unread 10-13-2008, 02:01 PM   #6
winter_kira
need other cosplayers

your room depends on the type of lolita you want...my room is goth lolita (lots or purples and blacks)
Unread 10-13-2008, 02:31 PM   #7
Catmint

I'm into the idea of making my room more lolita, too. :) I want to repaint some of my furniture (maybe white or pink, depending on the piece of furniture) and potentially paint a rose design on it. There's also a brown wooden doll cradle that I've had for years that'd just been sitting downstairs for a while. I attempted to have it sold at a tag sale we had recently, but I've decided to keep it, repaint it also, and add it to my room.

*Something that could be done to make a room more lolita is dressing up your walls with wall borders (try checking out Home Depot's website -- look up wall borders, which can be found under the wallpaper category) or wall decals (I think the chandelier wall decal by blik might have been in an issue of Shojo Beat).

*Try going to antique stores and/or second-hand stores and see what you can find there. :)

*See if there's anything you already have that can be modified in some way. Maybe add lace and ribbons to a mirror or a lamp that you already own, for example.

*Do you have any old toys from when you were little that you ended up not liking anymore? If you still have them, try looking through them again to see if you changed your mind about any of them. :D

Metrocon 2011: Madoka Kaname -- Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica (Winner: Judge's Award, Costume Contest)
Unread 10-13-2008, 02:40 PM   #8
hooraytheweird
Bad Wolf

If you can't paint your room (and if fire codes allow it) try draping some gauzy pretty fabric from the walls. (i.e. organza, chiffon, lawn.)

In the works:

Kaoru, Ouran High School Host Club (98%) [premiered at Oni-Con '08]
Steampunk Costume, clothes (35%), equipment/props (45%) [most likely to premiere at Steam-Con San Antonio '09]

"I manned up and ate those damn wasabi balls!" "...You manned up and cried too."
Unread 10-13-2008, 03:59 PM   #9
Leggs Diamond
Link at heart

That's what I did in a dorm I lived in. I made panels the size of my walls and tacked them up. It really looked like my walls were painted XD
Link . . you know
Unread 10-13-2008, 04:55 PM   #10
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

I'm sorry, but let's keep discussion to actual costume construction discussion. I'm closing this, but hopefully the responses you've received so far will be helpful enough.

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: TBD
Closed Thread