Go Back   Cosplay.com > International Forums > Japan

Unread 10-12-2008, 06:57 AM   #1
DarkDriver
Wandering Japan

Halloween in Tokyo

I know that Halloween is still not so popular for people dressing up in Japan yet, but I'm looking forward to it anyway. I'm wondering if anyone in the Tokyo area knows of any costume parties around here. Thanks!
DarkDriver is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-28-2008, 06:35 AM   #2
Genesis_13

I'm gonna bump this up, cuz I'm curious too! It seems a huge shame to be a cosplayer in Japan and not have an event to dress up for on Halloween :3
-Shiori Nakamura of BBnK (50%)
Genesis_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2008, 03:03 AM   #3
mixaka
Granter of wishes

Are you interested in cosplay specific events or just any old Halloween costume party?

I know of 2 regular-type Halloween parties. One is sponsored by Tokyo Gaijins and is being held Nov. 1st at Sam & Dave Entertainment bar in Akasaka and the other is ageHa's Halloween party on Oct. 31st (http://www.ageha.com/).

I won't be attending either party as i will be in Korea that weekend, but I have heard good things in general about ageHa as a dance club and have several friends who are part of the Tokyo Gaijins group and enjoyed the Halloween party last year.
mixaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2009, 10:46 AM   #4
Drackt
Loves guyliner. Too much.

Well, I've had to cancel my plans for this summer, so now I'm thinking of going to Osaka and Tokyo next fall. And I really do want to dress up for the theme park events. (Universal and Disney)

Has anyone done these on here? I was wanting to be Dracula (Van Helsing) for Universal and Alice (Tim Burton) for Disney....

Completed cosplays (from last fall to now)-
Rumpelstiltskin-Red/Black outfit...always in progress (Once Upon A Time)
Rumpelstiltskin-Alchemist outfit (Once Upon A Time)
Rapunzel

In Progress-
Cinderella
Vampire Girl (Original)

Planned-
Too much, but I've had to put it on hold due to reasons beyond my control. However, I'm attempting to recreate Leezar's wardrobe from "Your Highness"...one down, four to go.
Drackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2009, 07:51 AM   #5
Art is a BANG
Lets be friends

Japan doesnt celebrate halloween?????? wow thats strange with the cosplay and everything I would think halloween would be popular....when you think about (my BF ryan wants to know if any one is sad cause billy mays died/ im sorry its off topic but i need to do what he wants)...ok when you think about its not surpriseing cause japan has there own methods of getting rid of evil spirits..haloween is just to scare evil spirits ...........but.....
This is the end…
Art is a BANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2009, 08:54 AM   #6
Yorke

the evil spirits things... that and the fact that most Japanese think cosplaying is weird just like anywhere else.
Yorke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2009, 02:06 PM   #7
Killmesarah
Notorious B.I.T.C.H.

omg DON'T go to Ageha. Seriously, not recommended.
We tried to go last year, but didn't arrive until around midnight to line up for the free shuttle bus in Shibuya. We didn't get on that bus until 2:30am, and by the time we got to the club, there were so many people lined up that we never made it into the club.... we took the bus back to Shibuya because there was nothing else to do.... It's was terrible!! Of course, if you can catch that bus early, maybe around 9 or 10 pm, you might make it in the club.. but I hear its super crowded anyways.
As far as dressing up goes, on Halloween, most of the people wearing costumes were gaijin, but there were some Japanese dressed up. Shibuya was a good place to be, as its a good nightlife scene in general. If your heart is set on going to a Halloween party, I would suggest checking the paper a week before, and planning to go really really early. Good luck =p
Killmesarah is offline   Reply With Quote