Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-15-2003, 02:21 PM   #1
FallenAngelII
What can I do for you?

Fake boobs, what to use and how to use it

Well, my 1st cos-/crossplaying event was a nightmare for my chest. I used toiletpaper (:P) as stuffing and kept it together with the help of duct tape (:P). However, it itched like hell and kept sagging and sliding down. Imagine a male Yuna re-adjusting his breasts once every hour. Now that's a sight!

So, I wonder what the best material for fake breasts are. Some kind of jelly? Fabric of some kind?

Also, just how much does waxing your legs hurt? 'Cause I'm planning om going as Yuna from FFX-2 the next time... so I'll have to wax 'em... and I don't want to, like, be unable to walk... :P

Which FFX-2 dressphere are YOU? (keep in mind that it takes a lot of time to take this quiz)
FallenAngelII is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-15-2003, 03:01 PM   #2
odango-mango

as far as material for making fake boobs goes, i'm uncertain. I know you might be able to find curves or other boob enhancers on ebay for cheap.
Apparently they come in skin tone and are supposed to move and feel like real boobs ^^;; I watched the infomercial couple years ago, back when i wanted bigger boobs
For the legs you might be able to pick up a cold wax that may be more comfortable than a hot wax. Have you thought of using hair removing lotion? There should be some good products at a drug store. You just put it on evenly let it set for about 10 minutes, rince and your legs will be hairless and smooth.
odango-mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2003, 11:20 PM   #3
chesh
soon to be new & improved

Merle-Kun and others have some good explanations for getting (and making!) falsies on that thread ( http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread...&threadid=6642)

Waxing hurts like a *%&$#, but it always works, prettymuch. If you do wax, wax your legs the first time a few days in advance of the event; if you get little red itchy bumps, take a Benadryl or some other antihistamine to get your body to calm down (just don't do it before you need to drive -- Benadryl makes you drive like you're drunk, they've discovered). I usually have to touch up the wax job a couple days later, since I always manage to miss a spot somehow. Please remember to pamper your legs afterwards, as this hurts like mad, and try to use a loofah or body poof on them every few days afterwards so you don't get ingrown hairs.

If you nair, test a patch (outside upper thigh or some other place people usually don't see and you don't rub up against too much) a week or more in advance. Somehow, it never works for me (that's why I have to wax or shave). You need to test (1) whether it works and (2) if it irritates your skin.

Of course, there's always shaving, but if you've never shaved your legs before, that's a big commitment in terms of razors and time. Remember to shave in the direction of the hair the first time to avoid razor burn, use plenty of shaving cream, and be nice to your legs right afterwards. Like with waxing, you probably want to do some exfolliating for a week or two after so you don't get ingrown hairs (which hurt! rassin-frassin hairless leg fetish.)

I'd say that using a hair-removing lotion is probably the easiest, quickest, and least painful method (even if it is a bit smelly). Good luck.
chesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2003, 06:07 AM   #4
FallenAngelII
What can I do for you?

Thanks.

I think I'll try finding one of those lotions before waxing .
I'm afraid of pain.
FallenAngelII is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2003, 03:36 PM   #5
SynVanSiWes
Et Kan Nu.

A waning about nair, it you have any nicks or scratches on your legs don't get it in them. It hurts like hell. It's probably pretty obvious but I thought I'd pass it on.

I've tried to use nair for the fuzz under my nose, I have very dark hair so it's noticeable even though I'm a girl. The time that I used nair on that and the area was a little abraided (I think from winter dryness) was very unpleasant.
SynVanSiWes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2003, 04:50 PM   #6
Gren
Gender Bender

Waxing honestly isn't that bad. It's enough to make you aknowledge it as painful, depending on your thresh hold, might make you cringde. Definately not enough to make you shriek in pain (maybe on the first strip. Maybe. If you're veryyyy allergic to pain)

Also, don't be a sissy abotu it. It hurts less for the hairs to rip out than for them to stay in and rip themselves off of the wax. So pull hard, fast, and without fear.

The same strip can be applied a few times to an area, if you miss any hairs, and final stragglers can be taken out with tweezers.
Unread 07-29-2003, 12:47 AM   #7
Agrias
Mya!

To get back on topic, what I found works well is using rice/birdseed and stockings

Basically, you fill the stockings about so and so much with the rice/birdseed, tie a knot where it is filled up at, then cover the ball again with the sock and knot that on the other end. ^^
Agrias is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2003, 12:31 AM   #8
HowilnMadMurphy

I say buy some falsies that are made for the purpose of pumping up your bust :P
As for waxing.. I've braved some waxing but legs is just bad. The hair is alot more deeply rooted than on, say, your arms or face.
Also, keep in mind that males' tresholds for pain is 6x less than that of a woman.
As for Nair, it simply does nothing to my hair. If you're real sensitive, and/or real hairy with thick hair, I'd say stick with good old shaving. It'd be good to shave right before you wear the costume, your skin will look the best. If you shave a bunch before you get wear textures in your skin :/ If I just let the hair grow out and let my skin rest for awhile, I find my legs look best when I finally do shave. And if not, you can always wear some tights.
HowilnMadMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2003, 07:04 AM   #9
RHIshida
lol internet

For cheap breasts, I'd agree with Agrias' method, but if you have the money you could always look around http://www.thebreastformstore.com/ kinda expensive, but I've heard they last a good while. The method I use for getting rid of hair is Epil-Stop. My advice is to some body lotion or moisturiser on the part that you used the hair-removal stuff on. Sometimes you can get a rash there even if in prior times you didn't at all, and sometimes it feels really really dry and blah. The difficult part is trying to remove hair from your personal areas. You know what I mean. Waxing will probably roast you alive, Shaving.. is just not a good idea, although stuff like Nair might work.
Unread 08-15-2003, 03:29 AM   #10
DarkindDreamer

well.. i have done drag for several years.. and i have become very accustom to using those round nerfish type balls you can buy at wal mart... the onces i've found were 2 colors.. half and half.. you cut them in half.. and there you have it.. i've spray painted mine to a close skin color then covered them in hose to create a nipple... and it's cheap cheap cheap
Unread 08-22-2003, 04:09 PM   #11
Decibella
Sadistic Vanity

Heh, i have discovered after a lot of trial and error that good old bags o birdseed can provide the right weight and bounce. A lot of creative "duct tape engineering" for truly impressive cleavage and the right size and shape of bra to hold it all in. Those chicken cutlet dealies add a wonderful squishyness with a padded bra too. And forgive me if this seems insensitive, but has any one tried mastectomy forms? They require a special bra but you can get them off ebay. Kinda like bigger teardrop versions of the chicken cutlet insert.

Last edited by Decibella : 09-04-2003 at 09:04 PM.
Decibella is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2003, 03:46 PM   #12
Gryphonic_Angel
Fighting with fate.

Weelll if your covering those ideas are all well and good but I've a hard one for you. I'm crossplaying as Armitage. Yeah that's right, not alot covering those breasts. What I wanna know is does anyone have a good idea for making fake breasts that are well showing a bit of skin!

I can't afford any falsies either so I'm working on other idea's. one is to use the whole balloon with rice thingy and using latex and make up to give it a skin like look.

I posted a similar topic earlier and someone came up with this really great idea. find a woman willing to let you make a mold of her breasts (understanding girlfriend work great for this.) then you take some liquid latex and you pour it in the mold and let it dry. I've done a prelimanary test and it seems like it will make truly real looking and feeling breasts. Note: this takes a long time because you have to pour a thin layer, let that dry then pour another thin layer. if you pour too much it will never dry.

well those are my idea's. if anyone else has any lets here them!!
Gryphonic_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2009, 10:32 AM   #13
Willpalazzo
Lord Willpalazzo

wow I was looking for something like this thread I want to cosplay Super Dr K-Ko from Magical Pokans and she has huge boobs I don't know if the rice/birdseed will work the weight might not be good for my back lol and I am poor :P
Willpalazzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2009, 11:08 AM   #14
Kelley
Devil of Details

Old thread. D:

If they're GIANT - I, personally, would just use scraps of fabric if the bra needs extra support to hold the costume up - some bras are so structured, they'll stay up by themselves.

I wouldn't really bother about "natural bounce". A lot of huge (fake) breasts on real women lack this. If it's so big it's going to be unnatural-looking no matter what, that doesn't really matter.

I don't know what kind of costume you're looking that, so it would make a huge difference if you needed to show cleavage or whatnot.
Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2009, 02:40 PM   #15
Willpalazzo
Lord Willpalazzo

LOL I think Bras are smaller than I need :P I shall fool around to see how it works and I will post a complete tutorial on making cosplay boobs ^^
Willpalazzo is offline   Reply With Quote