Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Hellsing

Unread 07-16-2003, 01:42 PM   #1
daguru
(SebastiAn Remix)

Incognito of Hellsing

IF, that is, IF I make an incognito costume, what would be the best way for making a body suit? I mean, He doesn't have a, um, crotch.
daguru is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-16-2003, 07:01 PM   #2
trabus
kittens inside!

Maybe do a search on tucking in the crossplay forum?

Seriously though, I would maybe try some cotton briefs and some ace bandages to keep the, ahem.. bulge down. Either that, or make a false crotch (with foam or some other material that will keep its shape) that will make it appear as if you have nothing there.

As far as the body suit goes, look for a pattern for a cycling suit at your local fabric store. I found one at a Joanne's which I modifed for a Rock Lee costume. (I made it a couple sizes too big and added a bit of room in the crotch area so it wouldn't be so revealing).

I was actually thinking about this same problem the other day when trying to think of some bald characters to cosplay. Good luck with it.
trabus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2003, 12:35 AM   #3
hypergirl
Yep, I'm a mascot reject.

Lightbulb incognito

hello.

how do you plan on doin the head of incognito its pretty pointed? also are you going to have the weapon,trench coat and glasses? which con are you goin to?
good luck

Alucard
hypergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2003, 08:34 PM   #4
arucard
The Caffiene Vampire

WOW goodluck your going to need it ^_^ you can do it
arucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2003, 04:08 PM   #5
daguru
(SebastiAn Remix)

um, read the big letters, "IF". Most likely no, because the person who was gonna be in it is bein an ass right now. I could make the head with no problems at all. I am a master of prosthetics. If you've been to Marcon or Windycon in Ohio, you've heard of me. This is the infamous R.B.
www.fyberdyne.com
by the way, I'm goin ta Otakon as Alucard.
Unread 07-23-2003, 11:34 PM   #6
hypergirl

cool. i have just started making my costume and i only have one peice of it. his glasses. they are PIMP i wear them all the time around the house. do you have a pic of your costume . i need some pointers on the hat i think it is goin to be the hardest part.

-Alucard-
Unread 07-23-2003, 11:48 PM   #7
daguru
(SebastiAn Remix)

for my hat, I took something along the lines of a black, felt, 10 galon hat. I took contact paper, snipped it into little pieces and put them all over the hat (to keep the hat black underneath) and spray-painted it blood red. My glasses are genuine 1944 Wilson Goggles (what he wears) with red permanent marker all over the inside and outside of the glass. My overcoat is a modified pattern of a denim jacket. It has been stretched and epilets were made. Speaking of pictures, do I upload them to cosplay.com or do I just link them from another site. cuz I don't have my OWN site. And also, "He took my TARTER sauce" tartar is spelled wrong.

Last edited by daguru : 07-23-2003 at 11:51 PM.
Unread 07-24-2003, 12:03 AM   #8
hypergirl

for my glasses i have 19.. something safty goggles that i got off e-bay(e-bay rules) i saw those willson goggles but they had that leather strap on them and he has more like glasses so i got the safty glasses. i have noticed that alucards hat is the length of his shoulders so i am having trouble getting a hat that big. i was thinking of a modified pimp hat when they come out at halloween. and the jacket well.. we found some cool material taht changes to black from red when it is folded and it wasnt shinny it was like denim so it wasw perfect BUT there was only like 2 yards of it and i looked all over the place for morte and i couldnt find it it pissed me off. i even looked on the net and i talked to ppl and they had no idea what i was talkin about. so i think i will go with regular red which suxs. any ways . this is my sisters acount so she spelled it wrong not my fault. alright thanks for the advice.

-Alucard-
Unread 07-24-2003, 10:18 PM   #9
Wolfwood6
Camera Obscura

Whoa....Fyberdyne i have heard of you guys....one of you restored the "Day the earth stood still" helmets right?

Costumes:

Nicholas D. Wolfwood if he was
A PHOTOGRAPHER!!!!
Wolfwood6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2003, 02:18 AM   #10
makonurikoryoko

^_^ oo goodluck if you do tackle to project! Definitly upload photos, and yeah I think you nee dto directly load them up... i dont think you can link em. If you ever need any problems loading pphotos or whatever IM me and Id be glad to help! See ya at Otakon
makonurikoryoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2003, 04:22 PM   #11
daguru
(SebastiAn Remix)

Yeah, Mark, our surfacing and paint guy restored one of the original gort helmets. unfortunately, the visor was broken. I'll get around to uploading sooner or later.
Unread 07-29-2003, 08:21 PM   #12
Kendo_Bunny
A whiter shade of pale

hypergirl: One of my friends has a manga Alucard costume... she made the hat of out pizza boxes and covered it in fabric. It's enormous, looks really cool, and can serve as an umbrella for the entire party. Also, the extra sturdy cardboard doesn't buckle easily. I've got a few pictures of it in my member gallery if you're interested. And I know most Papa John's will give you an extra box if you ask for it ^^;

Please do not disturb: I'm playing with my mental blocks

The Pessimists Pep Talk: Don't lose heart: they might want to cut it out and they want to avoid a lengthy search.
Kendo_Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2003, 12:48 AM   #13
hypergirl

Woah!!! That thing is HUGE! It's a great idea, though! Now, i think we can just buy a cowboy hat(Easy to find in Texas ^.^) and put that over it, cover in red. Wow! Thank you so much for the idea!