Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > San Diego Comic Con

Unread 07-16-2003, 07:52 PM   #1
Yuna
Nessa
A frakin' Mod

Preview night~

I hate to to be the barer of bad news (even though preview night started 20 minutes ago) but it's gonna suck. 60% of the exhibitors haven't set up, and at least 25% still haven't even registered. To those who this it was going ot be fancy special and yummy, it's not, you haven't missed anything.

=D
Yuna is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-16-2003, 07:56 PM   #2
ZeroLimitCRymer

Ouch. Now I'm kinda happy I got bad luck ! Thanks for the info!

-Chris Rymer
ZeroLimitCRymer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2003, 08:39 PM   #3
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

Thanks for the update, Nessa. Now I'm glad I worked today to earn some $$ for when I get back, and I'll be there before the con officially starts Thursday morning. (Come shout "AL!!!!!!!" in the at-con registration line to give me a wake-up call to get me psyched and ready for the con.) Still, my co-worker went today and prolly is at Preview-night right now, and it would've been fun to be there for another 5 day-con. Wait, I just did that at AX 2 weeks ago.. See you all tomorrow morning!!

"Somebody Save Me.."
Eurobeat King is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2003, 09:27 PM   #4
Sana-chan
I know, right?

aw poop... oh well lol we juss went to get our badges anyway ^^. Hopefully tomorrow everything will be set up and all that jazz.
Sana-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2003, 10:34 PM   #5
Yuna
Nessa
A frakin' Mod

Al, I'll be at the con center no later then 7:30 am tomarrow. You can stop by Exhibitors Registration and say hi! I wont be cosplaying until after my shift is done at 11:30 am, so yeah =3

Mau! SDCC = SO THE FUN! *o*
Unread 07-16-2003, 10:48 PM   #6
ZeroLimitCRymer

So does anyone have a full report of preview night, for us unlucky types? Anything new, cool, and exciting?!?! Thanks for any info!

-Chris Rymer
ZeroLimitCRymer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2003, 11:34 PM   #7
Crazy Bunta
Cosplaymedia.com

I hope this isn't a sign of things to come on Thursday. Already gravely fearing the line to get in.

Some reason, my press badge didn't go through. I'm being sent there to film for G4 TV strictly to audition for G-Phoria and they claim that that's not a good enough reason to be considered press. I don't mind paying for my badge, but I do mind waiting 3 hours in the baking sun in a mile long line.

Oh well.
Crazy Bunta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2003, 12:04 AM   #8
Yuna
Nessa
A frakin' Mod

You could apply for a professional badge. They are distributed in the same area as the reagular attendee badges, but only cost $25, not $60. Does G4 TV has a booth at all in the exhibition or some contact at the convention besides you?
Unread 07-17-2003, 12:29 AM   #9
Suzushichan
outta here

preview night wasn't all that good.
I ran into my ex.
Mt worst enemy is going to there tomarrow in some slutty wanna'be costume.

And I was one of the only coslpayers there (i was Rinoa).
Well, hopefully things'll get better...
BTW; I'll be around the convention center no later than 7:00!
See ya' all there! ^_^
Suzushichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2003, 12:59 AM   #10
Crazy Bunta
Cosplaymedia.com

Quote:
Originally posted by Yuna
You could apply for a professional badge. They are distributed in the same area as the reagular attendee badges, but only cost $25, not $60. Does G4 TV has a booth at all in the exhibition or some contact at the convention besides you?
No G4 has no booth and they are not going to be able to get us our press proof until Saturday, (FedEx).

I'll try doing a pro badge, (though). Thanks for the info. This is the first year I don't get to just lounge around the convention and enjoy myself. It's all business.

COSPLAY MEDIA: Cosplay and Convention videos and photography. http://cosplaymedia.com
Unread 07-17-2003, 01:01 AM   #11
Crazy Bunta
Cosplaymedia.com

Quote:
Originally posted by Suzushichan

BTW; I'll be around the convention center no later than 7:00!
See ya' all there! ^_^
No later then 7am, or you mean you're leaving the convention at 7pm? I'm taking off at 7am and should be in downtown by 7:20am or so.

I had a friend go to preview night, (he was trying to get early badges). Of course since he couldn't do anything, it was a big waste of a drive from LA.

COSPLAY MEDIA: Cosplay and Convention videos and photography. http://cosplaymedia.com
Unread 07-17-2003, 07:39 AM   #12
Dark Vision
Dark Mousy

i walked, i walked some more, then i sat, read, then i walked some more. That was it. I wore my squall jacket for approx. 30 seconds when i realized the hand stitched part was breaking off. O btw I walked some more too. my feet are tired now.
Dark Vision is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2003, 08:49 AM   #13
Rogue Marvel
Pirate Love

My friend went yesterday, he thought it was fun..He got his beveloved press pass*grumble grouble* And even thou his feet realy hurt after he had a blast. But then he was just intrested in meeting some of the creaters who where there and the fact that he had a press pass made him feel all special or somthing.

yeah...He called me and braged about it last night
Rogue Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2003, 07:35 PM   #14
Wolfgirl
BE ONE with the wolfs

Preview night sucked compared to last year. It was too short and when your in the middle of trying to buy something they said get the hell out its over LOL

I did however buy a blade replica sword for 5 bucks. I think that was worth the preview night. No one was cosplaying though hardley.
Wolfgirl is offline   Reply With Quote