Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Cosplay Newbies

Unread 10-30-2008, 10:21 AM   #1
Aszrielle
Mrs Ketchup Face

Anime characters with long dark hair? C:

Any suggestions welcome. I just need a list of anime/game characters with that kind of description, as i'm trying to find somebody that suits my colouring (so that I don't have to wear a wig :P). I've tried the "Who Do I Look Like...etc" thread, and it's great, but I've only got a couple of suggestions so far and cannot repost because my posts just don't seem to go through. :/ I appreciate it must be difficult to moderate every post in the particular thread, and of course some people are going to get overlooked.

So I guess i'm posting here. C: Any ideas that I can add to my list?

;Female;Dark Brown/Black Hair;Past Shoulders;

Last edited by Aszrielle : 10-30-2008 at 11:26 AM. Reason: added extra info

Unread 10-30-2008, 10:56 AM   #2
claire1909
MAN SAE

Well, how long is your hair exactly? I found some characters that could be called character with long hair...and dark....well, mostly blackish coloured hair.

Yuko from xxx Holic.
Yuko
I find Lenalee Lee from D.Gray man (in her first uniform) a easy hair style to match.
here

Kanda Yuu from D.Gray man is also a great choice.
Kanda

Tohru from Fruits Basket has the more brownish style.
Tohru

...Well, hope this helped XDD
Unread 10-30-2008, 11:25 AM   #3
Blood_Sword
Fabulous Boyfriend

Okey I can list two characters I know who have somewhat long dark brown/black hair.They are from Inuyasha because that's the manga I'm reading and most familiar with. ^^;

Kikyo (female)

Bankotsu (male)
Sorry,bad pic but you see how long his hair is.Here is a little better picture if interested..

Sorry if it doesn't interest you in any way but I can't help so much more because Inuyasha happens to be the only manga for the moment that I'm reading and know much of. ^^;

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Team Aqua Grunt (male) - Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire Version

*~Next con I'm attending~*
FIN-SWE-FIN DesuCruise (21-23th August 2014)
THU ???
FRI Sōji Okita (summer uniform) - Hakuōki SSL ~Sweet School Life~
SAT ---

Last edited by Blood_Sword : 10-30-2008 at 11:28 AM.
Unread 10-30-2008, 11:29 AM   #4
Aszrielle
Mrs Ketchup Face

@claire1909: Ah, thank you very much! C: I may consider doing Tohru sometime, and will add her to the list. Any more suggestions for me would be much appreciated. :'D Lenalee also looks pretty awesome, although I may use a wig for cosplaying her as her hair is kinda blue/black.

----Yes, sorry. XD I did realize that I hadn't included much information at all, and it was extremely vague. My hair is a little past shoulder length (I've just had it cut, haha) but grows very quickly to the chest. It's a very dark brown in colour (used to be naturally black, got bleached out).

@BloodSword: Thank you very much also. Kikyo looks like an interesting character, will add her also. (not really into crossplay, but will keep Bankotsu on hand also) x) Haven't watched/read much Inuyasha, maybe I should. C: Thanks again.

Last edited by Aszrielle : 10-30-2008 at 11:34 AM.
Unread 10-30-2008, 12:28 PM   #5
Blood_Sword
Fabulous Boyfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aszrielle View Post

@BloodSword: Thank you very much also. Kikyo looks like an interesting character, will add her also. (not really into crossplay, but will keep Bankotsu on hand also) x) Haven't watched/read much Inuyasha, maybe I should. C: Thanks again.
Oh,you appreciate my suggestions,thank you. ^^; Hahah,it's okey if you don't like to crossplay,I couldn't know because you didn't even write if you were a boy or a girl (I guessed girl and it appeared to be the right choice! xD) or if you're willing to crossplay (as myself ^^) so I added Bankotsu just in case,feel free to look up more about him if you want. :3

Yes,Inuyasha is a very good series that I would recommend for anyone because it got action,romance,humour and...everything in one package! ^^; So go on and start reading it if you're interested. ^^ I have to say just in advance that it is one of the longer series though...but still very good (my opinion).

*~In progress~*

THU ???
SAT ---
Unread 10-30-2008, 02:23 PM   #6
RedSonya
The Master of Magnetism

Rinoa from Final Fantasy VIII
Tifa Lockhart from Final fantasy VII Advent Children (FFVII version)
Yuki Cross from Vampire Knight (when she finds out shes a vampire)
Lust from Fullmetal Alchemist
Diva from Blood+
Enma Ai from Hell Girl
Sunako from Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge
Zhen Ji from Dynasty Warriors (in ponytail)
Ina-hime from Samurai Warriors
Lei Fang and Kokoro from Dead or Alive
Lenne from Final Fantasy X-2
Kurenai from Naruto
Kaguya and Marianne from Code Geass
Whew! That was a lot of picture searching. Good Luck.

Cosplay Plannage
Quorra(Tron Legacy)
Female Ghost (Starcraft II)
Four Eyes (Resident Evil: U.S.S Delta Squad)
Samantha Byrne (Gears of War)
Zatanna (DC Comics)
Kasumi Goto (ME 2)

Last edited by RedSonya : 10-30-2008 at 06:26 PM.
Unread 10-30-2008, 06:57 PM   #7
StrawberrySiren
Five Feet of POWAH!

sakaki from azumanga daioh
tomoe from samurai x
kaoru from rurouni kenshin
risa from bleach

Tumblr|Twitter|DeviantArt
Unread 10-30-2008, 07:09 PM   #8
Ichibi
Gimmical Impact

Yuko - XXXholic
Tomoyo - Cardcaptor Sakura
Haruhi Fujioka - Ouran High School Host Club (Middle School)
Haruhi Suzumiya - The Melancholy of...... (pre haircut)
Orochimaru - Naruto
Tifa - FFVII
Lust - FMA
Hinata Hyuuga - Naruto Shippuuden
Kaoru - Ruroni Kenshin
Misato Katsuragi - Evangelion
The Dark Card - Cardcaptor Sakura
Rin - Fate/Stay Night
Ren Seto - Seto no Hanayome
Tseng - FFVII
Tsubaki - Soul Eater

Thats all i can think

thats all i can think of right now XD

Next Events
Otascotia Club Night - August 8th
London Expo - October
London Expo - May
Auchinawa - November 2010
Unread 10-30-2008, 10:49 PM   #9
EgnirysFaye
Knows all your secrets

Roberta from Black Lagoon
Jin from Samurai Champloo
Yaone from Saiyuki Reload.

D from Vampire Hunter D

Future/In Progress Cosplays:
||Lyanna (95%) ::Game of Thrones ASOIAF||King Canute::Vinland Saga
|| ? ::Once Upon a Time || Princess Tutu::Princess Tutu{Coppelia}||Louise Belcher::Bob's Burger's

Last edited by EgnirysFaye : 10-30-2008 at 11:14 PM.
Unread 10-31-2008, 05:05 AM   #10
Aszrielle
Mrs Ketchup Face

Thanks for every suggestion guys, I really didn't expect much of a response! <3

Quote:
Oh,you appreciate my suggestions,thank you. ^^; Hahah,it's okey if you don't like to crossplay,I couldn't know because you didn't even write if you were a boy or a girl (I guessed girl and it appeared to be the right choice! xD) or if you're willing to crossplay (as myself ^^) so I added Bankotsu just in case,feel free to look up more about him if you want. :3

Yes,Inuyasha is a very good series that I would recommend for anyone because it got action,romance,humour and...everything in one package! ^^; So go on and start reading it if you're interested. ^^ I have to say just in advance that it is one of the longer series though...but still very good (my opinion).
@BloodSword - yes, thank you so much. C: every suggestion helps me, as I find it so difficult to find suitable characters myself. Crossplay looks interesting, I'd probably do it if I had a better face. :'D And thanks for that, I do appreciate it. <3 Yay, glad to hear somebody thinks I appear feminine! XD

I've had mixed views about Inuyasha, but I should really give it a go. x) You obviously think it's worth watching/reading, so yeah, I'll go see what all the fuss is about. C: thank you

@xonlx - thanks so much for all your suggestions, and wow, I appreciate how long it must have taken you to find all of those picture. :'D thanks for taking the time to help me out. <3 Zhen Ji has my hair colour and length perfectly, and I may consider cosplaying Rinoa. C: (cosplayed as Tifa Lockheart last May, loved the costume) Also the Dead or Alive characters and Kurenai suggestions were very useful, thanks again. I'll be adding all of those to my list, and it's nice that you included pictures with them. x)

@StrawberrySiren - thank you also! So happy that i'm getting such great suggestions. <33 Risa from Bleach looks pretty interesting.

@Ichibi - Whoa, another big list! XD Gotta say, all those characters look pretty damn amazing. It'll be tough for me to pick now. <3 I like the look of Tsubaki, Rin and Yuko the most. C: Thanks so much for all your help!

@EgnirysFaye - Damn, Roberta looks kickass. Gotta cosplay her for definite, she looks so cool. XD And Yaone's skintone looks a lot like mine. C: Thank you also, you've all been so helpful.

Last edited by Aszrielle : 10-31-2008 at 06:17 AM.
Unread 10-31-2008, 10:18 AM   #11
Blood_Sword
Fabulous Boyfriend

Quote:
Thanks for every suggestion guys, I really didn't expect much of a response! <3

@BloodSword - yes, thank you so much. C: every suggestion helps me, as I find it so difficult to find suitable characters myself. Crossplay looks interesting, I'd probably do it if I had a better face. :'D And thanks for that, I do appreciate it. <3 Yay, glad to hear somebody thinks I appear feminine! XD
Hmm...I got kinda confused here! xD First you say you do it if you had a better face and then you say somebody thinks you appear feminime,do you mean you look like a girl or a boy now? xD

*~In progress~*

THU ???
SAT ---
Unread 11-01-2008, 02:39 PM   #12
EgnirysFaye
Knows all your secrets

Quote:

@EgnirysFaye - Damn, Roberta looks kickass. Gotta cosplay her for definite, she looks so cool. XD And Yaone's skintone looks a lot like mine. C: Thank you also, you've all been so helpful.
Wow! You are one of the few people who actually replies and takes consideration for people's responses xD Thanks! And you are welcome as well ^^ I'm glad they are somewhat of help. Good luck on your cosplays! I'm sure they will look awesome.

|| ? ::Once Upon a Time || Princess Tutu::Princess Tutu{Coppelia}||Louise Belcher::Bob's Burger's
Unread 11-01-2008, 02:55 PM   #13
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

Has Rei Hino/Sailor Mars from Sailor Moon been mentioned?
"This is your job. You want a clear conscience, go start a charity. But if you want your own photography business, and your cosplayer boss says you gotta go out there and take a photo-shoot, go out there, take it, come back to work, and say "DO YOU NEED ME TO DO IT AGAIN?!!"
Unread 11-03-2008, 11:53 AM   #14
Aszrielle
Mrs Ketchup Face

Quote:
Hmm...I got kinda confused here! xD First you say you do it if you had a better face and then you say somebody thinks you appear feminime,do you mean you look like a girl or a boy now? xD
@BloodSword): haha, sorry for confusing you. XD I meant like 'appearing' feminine on the internet. C: if you get what I mean. Like in the way I type or speak, not the way I look. x)

@EgnirysFaye: well seeing as you're all taking the time to help me out, it'd be rude not to respond. o_O do people actually not do that? |D
and thanks for the good luck, i'm going to take all suggestions into account, as i've had a really great reponse from you guys. C:

@Eurobeat King: nope, I don't think they have! c: thanks very much, I'll add it to my list. x) <3
Unread 11-04-2008, 08:21 PM   #15
EgnirysFaye
Knows all your secrets

Quote:

@EgnirysFaye: well seeing as you're all taking the time to help me out, it'd be rude not to respond. o_O do people actually not do that? |D
and thanks for the good luck, i'm going to take all suggestions into account, as i've had a really great reponse from you guys. C:
Oi, it's sadly common where folks actually don't respond and lack consideration for most who reply, or not satisfied enough and desire to not even say "Thanks" for the effort. It's quite irritating at times!