Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > DC Universe

Unread 08-05-2013, 10:55 AM   #1
phoenixrai

Unhappy The Flash cosplay help!

Hi all

Just wondering if anyone can give me some assistance on how to go about my Barry Allen cosplay? I plan on doing my own femme take on the Flash's costume. This is an image of the Flash and my main reference for my costume , but I wish to channel the style of Spider Woman in the way her hair is exposed and the positioning of the mask to add the feminine touch to the Flash's costume. This is what I'm struggling with the most, as I'm unsure of how to go about the mask and wig altogether.
Let alone how to create and arrange the yellow detail that usually sits at the sides of the flash's mask/hood.
My plan for the suit is to buy something like this http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tchlink:top:en but am not sure if I should purchase it with a hood or not.

If anyone could help clear my mind, that would be amazing :P This is my first time doing a catsuit/superhero cosplay so I'm a little scared!
phoenixrai is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-07-2013, 03:04 PM   #2
Gee2

You might consider going with a suit that has a hood and just modifying for the hair/details you want later. It's always easier to subract than add to (especially w/ spandex).
If you want all the "armor lines" from your Flash image, there are a few ways you should be able to accomplish the task.
-Piece together the suit by creating individual segments that can be sewn into one full suit
-If you go the ready made suit route, add extra to your measurements before it's made and then seam the armor lines yourself
-Have the suit airbrushed to reflect the sections

These are not by any means the easiest or best ways, but it should put you on the right track.
Gee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2013, 05:56 AM   #3
InquisitorJax

I also have a new 52 flash costume on my "todo" list (Currently busy with spiderman and green lantern)
There's a user over on therpf forum that does dye sub patterns, and the last I saw he was busy with a Flash design. He also has a female superhero muscle base, so it shouldn't be too difficult to transfer the design. He accepts commisions, but last I heard he was out of action for a while.

Check out his designs here:
http://www.4neodesigns.com/
InquisitorJax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2014, 10:52 AM   #4
funkster

Is this any help?

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3495047/

Made in 24 hours (other than the boots which came from Ebay) using a morphsuit, with yellow and white foam for the details and then polystyrene/foam for the ear pieces
funkster is offline   Reply With Quote