Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > DC Universe

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-22-2011, 12:06 AM   #151
Mister J 27

Rikkizilla- that's an awesome looking booster gold costume
Mister J 27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-23-2011, 12:23 PM   #152
Zurakura Ekilya

cool
Unread 02-28-2011, 12:46 PM   #153
Auburn_Kitty
'Taters eh?

Oh man. I'm having such a hard time picking out which brown wig to go with and which suit I should go with as well for my Hal Jordan cosplay. It's sooo HARD! >_< I have never had this much problems just picking stuff out before for a cosplay. I think it's because I really don't know much just yet about Hal Jordan and whatnot yet. Like I know a bit from what I have read and seen but, still. u_u I have about 4 wigs picked out and 2 or 3 suits lined up as well for me to decided what I should go with.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...19952084712015
If you scroll down a bit you'll come to the GL suits. If anyone could point out which one's would be good for my Hal Jordan cosplay then that would be a lot of help. ^_^ I was told to go with the 2nd one or the 4th one. I just can't decided. u_u Then I thought the 1st one looks nice too. I was told by the guy that makes these I can have the symbols changed on the suit if I wish too.

These are the wigs I'm thinking about:
1. http://cgi.ebay.ca/HIGH-HEAT-RESISTANT-TRENDY-FRINGE-LADY-WIG-2-TONE-4-30-/230588623163?pt=Women_s_Accessories_UK&hash=item35 b027293b

2. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=230476490461&ssPa geName=STRK:MESE:IT
Same as 1st wig but, longer. Don't know if I should go long or not.

3. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=260672122291&ssPa geName=STRK:MESE:IT

4. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=230531812808&ssPa geName=STRK:MESE:IT

5. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=230524194140&ssPa geName=STRK:MESE:IT
This one not as much since it's "off-black".

Any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated!

Rei Ryugazaki - FREE! (club outfit) Progress = 30-40% DONE
Auburn_Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2011, 11:23 AM   #154
Mister J 27

Auburn Kitty- I would go with a short hair brown wig for a female version of hal jordan. Also me I like to go the classic comic book with when I do the Joker. Try the classic look for Hal Jordan. Also if you have a hard time with the mask you could always paint it on. Here is a picture of classic green lantern Hal Jordan.

http://www.adherents.com/lit/comics/...Lantern_II.jpg
Unread 03-01-2011, 02:23 PM   #155
Auburn_Kitty
'Taters eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister J 27 View Post
Auburn Kitty- I would go with a short hair brown wig for a female version of hal jordan. Also me I like to go the classic comic book with when I do the Joker. Try the classic look for Hal Jordan. Also if you have a hard time with the mask you could always paint it on. Here is a picture of classic green lantern Hal Jordan.

http://www.adherents.com/lit/comics/...Lantern_II.jpg
Thanks for da help. :3 Ya I would go for a short wig but, I can't go toooo short cause I have a round face and short hair makes me face seem more round (which I don't want). I picked out a suit already. I found one but, I'm hoping he'll just make the suit all green instead of green and blue (Green and Blue Lantern suit in one).

Unread 03-01-2011, 02:59 PM   #156
Mister J 27

no problem hope everything works out
Unread 03-02-2011, 06:23 PM   #157
Mister J 27

So this saturday I'm final get to do a joker photo shoot. I have two good location a old stone train bridge and a old warehouse. So keep a eye for the pictures.
Unread 03-05-2011, 11:18 AM   #158
Auburn_Kitty
'Taters eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister J 27 View Post
So this saturday I'm final get to do a joker photo shoot. I have two good location a old stone train bridge and a old warehouse. So keep a eye for the pictures.
Yaaaa! Post them if you can. n_n Looking forward it them.

Unread 03-05-2011, 06:24 PM   #159
Mister J 27

As soon as my friend gets me the photos I post them. Also my ears weren't painted in the shoots I not sure how that happened
Unread 03-07-2011, 12:04 PM   #160
Auburn_Kitty
'Taters eh?

Here is a good question:

What is good to wear under spandex costumes if your a women? Like what kind of bra is best to wear? I don't wanna have my bra line showing through the suit if possible. I pretty much figured out the bottom half which is seamless panties with tummy support so I hope that doesn't show through. n_n I just need some good tips on how to keep certain parts flatter (tummy) and not others (breast, hips, butt).

Unread 03-17-2011, 02:56 PM   #161
Mister J 27

Haven't seen must active on this thread. So I just wondering how is everyone doing? What is new is the DC cosplaying world.
Unread 03-19-2011, 08:23 AM   #162
RedSonya
The Master of Magnetism

So, has anyone seen the newly released image of Adrianne Palicki's Wonder Woman costume for the new NBC show "Wonder Woman"?

http://www.comingsoon.net/nextraimag...wwcostume2.jpg

Thoughts? Opinions? So far, all the reviews have been negative.

And, Im going to be making a Dark Mary Marvel costume as well as Dr. Light (Kimiyo Hoshi).
Never seen a Dr. Light cosplay, so I thought, why not? She's so awesome

Cosplay Plannage
Quorra(Tron Legacy)
Female Ghost (Starcraft II)
Four Eyes (Resident Evil: U.S.S Delta Squad)
Samantha Byrne (Gears of War)
Zatanna (DC Comics)
Kasumi Goto (ME 2)
RedSonya is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2011, 06:25 PM   #163
Mister J 27

The costume doesn't look all bad. It could have been worse. It's good to see them trying.
Unread 03-19-2011, 11:43 PM   #164
dreamsofnever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auburn_Kitty View Post
Here is a good question:

What is good to wear under spandex costumes if your a women? Like what kind of bra is best to wear? I don't wanna have my bra line showing through the suit if possible. I pretty much figured out the bottom half which is seamless panties with tummy support so I hope that doesn't show through. n_n I just need some good tips on how to keep certain parts flatter (tummy) and not others (breast, hips, butt).
So sorry Auburn Kitty-I meant to answer this before! I know a lot of people who swear by spanx, and I think they have all sorts of different types of shapewear. But the tough part of spandex is that it tends to flatten everywhere (as you mentioned, the breasts, hips, butt area doesn't need to be flat!)

I haven't yet worn spandex though, so I'm not an expert because I prefer designing my costumes to incorporate corsets, which are lovely in enhancing curves instead of flattening them, but I know there are things you can do to counteract that flattening effect.

As for the new WW costume, I like the design itself, but the fabric is too shiny, the pants should be a darker blue, the boots should be red, and the armor looks like cheap plastic. I've seen fan manips that make it look so much better and hopefully it's not the final version.
dreamsofnever is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2011, 08:00 AM   #165
Mister J 27

Hey I was wondering does anyone know a good way to make a Harley Quinn mask out of something besides cloth.