Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > DC Universe

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 21 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-05-2011, 06:16 AM   #196
dabiddabird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fennius View Post
Logo done. Not totally happy with it but short of trying to blacken the edges(which could go badly if I screw up) there's nothing I can do.
Yea I guess painting them green would have its draw backs. If your not happy with the logo you can always print another one and pva it over that one. Or if you wanted to blacken the edges you could mask the areas to make sure you don't mark unintentional areas.

I saw two Jason Todd cosplayers above and thought you guys would enjoy this:
dabiddabird is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-19-2011, 04:04 PM   #197
rj_sosongco
Rated R for Radical!

Hey all,

Here's a shot of my YJ Robin from Sacanime Summer 2011. You can find more on my dA here: effektdmentality on dA

rj_sosongco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2011, 02:38 AM   #198
dabiddabird

Thats a nice Robin. I wanted to go to sacanime but my Red Hood wasn't ready
dabiddabird is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2011, 04:48 PM   #199
yacchan
Imperius Rex

/slams into this thread

I've got a few DC costumes so far (DCAU Robin, Speedy, and Booster) and I've just started my forth, Garth from Teen Titans: Year One. I'm sure excited for the makeup this go round and I'm trying to figure a way to make matching metallic spandex boots for him.

@dabiddabird - That is a pretty sweet Red Hood helmet, holy cow. : >

Next Conventions
NYCC 2013

Check out the West Village Avengers on Facebook!
yacchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2011, 02:48 PM   #200
Avisu
KittiofDOOM

Well I'm back again xD thankies for all the help with Harley, I'll be scouting fabric soon but I've rediscovered my love for the Riddler and i'm planning to cosplay him rather soon. The suit, ironically I can make. I have that planned out I just need to find the perfect shade of green. What I do need help with is his bowler hat this is the version i'm going to attempt

http://images.wikia.com/batman/image...r_in_B.A.A.jpg

then i'll most likely move on to Arkham City.

I don't want to get a bowler hat that is the wrong shade of green, but I was thinking could I just cover one in fabric? I'm not too sure, anyone have any ideas?

Or I was thinking just making a bowler hat, but I have no clue where to start with that
Avisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2011, 06:20 AM   #201
Grayson

Fresh from Halloween 2011, my Green Arrow. It's based on the final version of his costume Pre-"New 52".

Grayson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2011, 08:53 AM   #202
gattirenata

Wow!! I love ur green arrow!!! Rrally well done!!!!

I don't know if its just me but... the last few cons I've been I noticed that there are soooooooooo many more DC costumes then Marvel!! And LOADS of Batmen and all his villains!!!!!!

DC I have... Wonder Woman (base on the 1960's tv show and 1 of the versions worn by Linda Carter)
Robin (also from the 1966 tv show, and am glad to say I got thumbs up from both Adam West and Burt Ward)
Arisia Raab from the Green Lantern Corps.
Poison Ivy

For next year I am planning some other version of Robin.
And some sort of Harley Quinn inspired dress... I was thinking of something that I can just wear regularly.... but turn it into a costume as I add make up and accessories!!!!!!
I am the Emperor's Hand, the silent will of the Emperor himself, but my ambition will take me far above even this exalted rank."
―Mara Jade
gattirenata is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2011, 12:26 AM   #203
cphantasm89
I like cake!

I'd like to do a Nightwing. I've seen some examples but what I want to do is sort of a batsuit-esque looking Nightwing costume. If anyone remembers the Robin costume from the Batman and Robin movie, that's exactly what I'm going for. Any ideas on materials and how I can pull this off???? thanks
cphantasm89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2011, 02:27 PM   #204
cphantasm89
I like cake!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cphantasm89 View Post
I'd like to do a Nightwing. I've seen some examples but what I want to do is sort of a batsuit-esque looking Nightwing costume. If anyone remembers the Robin costume from the Batman and Robin movie, that's exactly what I'm going for. Any ideas on materials and how I can pull this off???? thanks
I found this awesome reference, exactly what I'm going for. Any tips?

cphantasm89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2012, 10:09 AM   #205
LadySasha
formally RuhiNunchuck

Hi everyone! First time on this forum Oo didn't know there was one on cos.com till just now (I usually lurk a disney thread on here and leave) but I do love me some DC cosplay. :3 I've actually cosplayed Black Canary and Cassie from Young Justice and have Catwoman (Hush version might not happen this year we'll see), Young Wondergirl (cassie with the pigtails and goggles) and Robin (Ame Comi) planned about mid year (Dragon*Con namely)

dabiddabird ~ awesome Red Hood. Its nice to see it done right for a change!

Grayson ~ Nice green arrow :3

Cphantasm ~ that Nightwing costumes (while SUPER awesome looking) is most likely molded scilicone or something along those lines (if you're familiar with Shawn Reeves (Reeves666 he makes amazing cowls) it something along the lines of that. But if you can figure out how to do it more power to ya!

gattirenata ~ I've noticed that too....comic book awareness has skyrocketed cosplay wise in the past few years. I attribute it to the Batman games and the influx of superhero movies that came out (and are still coming out...Avengers anyone?). Its cool and kind of irritating at the same time. Like when I planned on doing Catwoman it was before Arkham City came out but as soon as it did BAM at least 5-6 other girls I know are like "I'm going to cosplay Catwoman" and I have this thing I hate cosplaying something a million people are....so I might put mine off for a bit and let the craze die down and just do Robin (steph brown) or Batgirl (also Steph or Cass not sure which one)

Here's the shots I have of my Black Canary. I only have one pic of my Wondergirl because she was pretty last minute and I never got to do a shoot before the costume started falling apart xD

http://theladysasha.deviantart.com/gallery/32470873
LadySasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2012, 10:56 AM   #206
endo500

Yeah the comic book cosplay is growing a lot. But I think it is forcing people to be more original in the characters they choose. People new to the activity do the typical costumes like captain america, batman, joker, ect. However more experienced fans are going back and finding more original characters to cosplay.

Plus the new 52 will help too because It gave us redesigns of nearly all the characters in the DC U. Speaking of I can't wait to see what the new Power Girl looks like in March.

Loki Agent of Asgard 30% Complete
Buccaneer Nightcrawler 30% Complete

Destiny Warlock Delayed
Sentinel Robot (Version Undetermined) 5% Complete
Killer Instinct Jago or Fulgore (Delayed)
endo500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2012, 09:41 AM   #207
The_Killer_Hare
Bunny of Death

I myself am going to do Lex Luthor as an Orange Lantern. The only problem I'm facing is that I have a really bad back. I can't afford to spend all day wearing a 40 pound resin suit of armor and all night moaning in pain and getting no sleep. So I was going to do a buisiness suit Luthor with a ton of orange bits all over, including the eyes. I already got the hair after all :P
The_Killer_Hare is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2012, 09:52 PM   #208
itlookslikerain

Awesome, I love DC!

I've cosplayed Zatanna before, and I'm getting ready to debut a Mera cosplay at the end of April (working on my crown template right now!). Now that Mera is almost done, I'll probably set my sights on the Balent-style Catwoman. :3

I've got a giant hit list of characters I'd love to do before I "retire" from this stuff. haha!
itlookslikerain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2012, 07:48 AM   #209
ObviousMegs

So, grew up loving Batman and then got into the Justice League and kinda branched around to learn about all sorts of other characters.
Bats is still my favorite, but I thought I'd like to try out doing some female characters from the DC Universe.

Zatanna is the first that I've been working on. Just waiting for the wig in the mail, and that costume will be complete.

And the second one that I'm planning stages with right now is Harley Quinn.
She was one of my favorite villains from Batman. Her personality is just so fun!
Unread 06-01-2012, 01:18 PM   #210
DrgoFx

Quote:
Originally Posted by itlookslikerain View Post
Awesome, I love DC!

I've cosplayed Zatanna before, and I'm getting ready to debut a Mera cosplay at the end of April (working on my crown template right now!). Now that Mera is almost done, I'll probably set my sights on the Balent-style Catwoman. :3

I've got a giant hit list of characters I'd love to do before I "retire" from this stuff. haha!
Mera, eh? So you go from cute little Zatana [in my mind] to sexy redhead Mera? Interesting transition...I'm not that fond of the whole catwoman suit in real life, but I did like Jim's penciling of her.

As for me, I'm planning to do Tim Drake's second Robin Costume. Then after that, I'll try an attempt at the Joker...Unique, I know. I would actually love to take my girl to a convention and have myself as Tim and her as Stephanie.

Then I'd take my shot at Nightwing...Can you tell I like the Bat Family? I just like the whole damn family.
DrgoFx is offline   Reply With Quote