Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > DC Universe

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 31 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-04-2012, 02:25 PM   #211
J-tective
A wizard did it.

I usually almost never post on here but seeing as how this is for comic related things, this compels me to post.

I'm an extremely huge comic fan of DC and Marvel. You know, collecting and reading comics, the like. It's apparent that the world of comics is coming back with a bigger fan base than ever. I absolutely LOVE the Batman: Brave and the Bold cartoon. I love the style and it stays true to the Silver Age. And Aqua man. You have to love what they did with him. The characters are well developed and have a personality all on their own. Not to mention, the main purpose of B&B is to bring back and HIGHLIGHT the B-D list characters like Woozy Winks, Zebraman, Crazy Quilt, Booster Gold and Blue Beetle, Wild Cat, Bat-Mite, Kamandi, Captain Marvel and the Marvel Family, Jonah Hex, Red Hood, Copper Head, Captain Atom, The Freedom Fighters, Gentleman Ghost, etc. Just to name a few. I really wish they would air it again, it was one of the best animated shows out there. I honestly can't stand Young Justice. I'm still a teen myself but I have never cared for any of the hormone rage induced characters. I very much hate the fact that it's nothing but teenage angst. There's nothing at all unique about YJ. I remember watching the writer's take on it and they mentioned something along the lines of, "It's filled with raw emotion, love, and sex. Something that all teenagers go through." Bullshit. As a comic fan and someone who appreciates GOOD character development, I took offense to this. I don't care about any of that. Super Boy, is so unnecessarily testosterone filled up the ass and extremely angsty. NO MI GUSTA. That's incredibly annoying. Not every teenage character has to be that way. And yet, you have all these poser fans (mainly ignorant teens who only like it because it's about teenaged heroes) who ADORE it just because they don't know any better. Like on the DC Nation that CN is doing, why don't they have Brave and the Bold? If anything, that should ALWAYS be on there. More than YJ anyway. The ONLY reason I still watch it is because of Tom Kenny. Tom Kenny has been following Plastic Man which makes me happy because no one can do Plastic Man like him. And I only watch the episodes he's in just to hear him. So I just wish the animated shows were as superb quality as B&B. I'm tired of them making cheap shows like Green Lantern the animated series. They just don't take their time with it. I guess that concludes my rant.

Back to cosplay. I plan on going as Vigilante and Green Arrow in the near future. Both versions from brave and the Bold. And Dove. (Hawk and Dove)
J-tective is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-28-2012, 03:52 AM   #212
Silk_Spectre

I'm all about DC cosplay. I'm part of the Justice League of AZ!

My WW (New 52): http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3235526/
Barbara Gordon Batgirl: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3235527/
Silk Spectre: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3235525/
Silk_Spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2012, 12:23 PM   #213
MissAngie
My dreams are my wings.

I have joina a DC/Marvel group ( two of them in the group are my friends!) and I'm doing Hawkgirl for the Sci-fi fair this october in my hometown. :3 I jsut hope can make this costume in time!

And also I hope to do Catwoman,Raven and bat girl costumes in the future!

Next cosplays will be working on :
.:Sailor Saturn | 40%
.:Anthy Himemiya - Utena revolutionary girl | 75 %
"Dreams are hopeless aspirations.
In hopes of comin' true
Believe in yourself
The rest is up to me and you" - Waterfalls, TLC. -

Last edited by MissAngie : 06-28-2012 at 12:25 PM.
MissAngie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2012, 09:55 AM   #214
Mabasploom

I have started designing / planning an Atomic Skull costume that I plan to have done by the time SDCC rolls around next year. I will post progress pictures as soon as I get to the building phase.
Mabasploom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2012, 11:04 AM   #215
CorporatePuppet

I've been wanting to do a Harley Quinn cosplay (classic bodysuit ver.) but not sure if i'd be able to pull it off cos I'm~sigh* fat -___- and my hips are pretty broad.
So I guess this cosplay is on hold for me.
CorporatePuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2012, 12:56 AM   #216
Hagane No
Don't call me "Robin"

I've been wanting to cosplay as Vixen from Justice League Unlimited for the longest. My dream is to go to comic con with a legit JL cosplay group. Unfortunately, I do not have friends brave enough to cosplay :/
Hagane No is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2012, 05:24 AM   #217
ghosgreen

Here's my first try at doing The Question http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...21221084_n.jpg. It needs some work, I wasn't too happy with how the mask came out and all that jazz but overall I liked it. I just rewatched the Justice League in it's entirety and now I got a couple DC characters I wanna do like The Crimson Avenger and one of my all time favorites I wanted to do for a long while is Sandman. I so badly want to set up a JSA cosplay group but I don't think that's gonna happen simply because most of my friends don't even know it exists... so for now I'll keep hoping to get a JL group going which isn't looking so great either.
ghosgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2012, 05:56 PM   #218
Lolita Minako
Cosmic Gemini Cosplayer

I am in the planning stages of a JLU Supergirl, hopefully to be completed by next spring.

And I have FINALLY put my foot down and I will be making Arrowette from Young Justice. I have only been planning it for YEARS.
ACP|Cure #155513|CosplayLab|World Cosplay|Twitter|Tumblr

"Comments on style should not be made by those who have none." ~Emma Carew, Jekyll & Hyde: The Musical
Lolita Minako is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2012, 11:29 AM   #219
rc7771

I plan on attending the NYCC as the Green Arrow, the "traditional" one, like from the comic "Brightest Day", as opposed to the more commonly done smallville green arrow.
rc7771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2012, 08:19 PM   #220
BambiBlaze

I've never done an official showcase-able cosplay, and for my first one I'm doing the #600 makeover Wonder Woman because she's wearing pants and I liked that they took the American Flag aspect away from it, but I was looking for some advice.
What Fabrics do I use?
How Do i make her chestplate, belt, tiara, and her cuff/bracelet thingies.
How should I do her make-up
and any advice on demeanor and speech while in costume.
Please and thank you.
BambiBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2012, 08:28 PM   #221
BambiBlaze

Also...Sorry this came to me a little late
Any advice on how to make the bodice and what to do with the lasso would be lovely. Once again Please and thank you.
BambiBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2012, 12:31 AM   #222
Hagane No
Don't call me "Robin"

JLU cosplay? I have plans to be Vixen at SDCC 2013. (:
Hagane No is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2012, 05:23 PM   #223
Lolita Minako
Cosmic Gemini Cosplayer

J-tective - You may enjoy reading the original Young Justice title, if you don't enjoy the new show and the comics based on it. It's really funny! Their biggest problems concern dealing with school, family lives, and living up to the legacy of the Justice League.

This weekend, I am going to an event to support the Central and North Florida chapter of the Make-A-Wish Foundation where we are dressing like superheroes (the event centers around trying to break the world record for the largest superhero gathering). Since there was no chance that Supergirl or Arrowette would be done with the time allowed (and my current financial situation), I decided to throw together a Wonder Girl costume. Just finished it, and I am pretty happy with it (since I did it on such a tight budget!!).

(If anyone is interested in Saturday's event, go to www.apetrifiedforest.com. It is in Altamonte Springs, FL.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagane No View Post
JLU cosplay? I have plans to be Vixen at SDCC 2013. (:
Yep! Mine is hopefully going to be done for Megacon. ^__^
ACP|Cure #155513|CosplayLab|World Cosplay|Twitter|Tumblr

"Comments on style should not be made by those who have none." ~Emma Carew, Jekyll & Hyde: The Musical

Last edited by Lolita Minako : 09-27-2012 at 05:25 PM.
Lolita Minako is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2012, 05:24 PM   #224
Coronart

I went to London MCM Expo this weekend (for the first time in about 3 years) and now I've got a fire in me to make my first cosplay. I'm set on a Robin cosplay. Ideally I want to go as Time Drake, but mostly I'm taking a few aspects from different Robin outfits and tweaking them to make my ideal one. It wont be 100% accurate, but I'd rather put my own spin on it and make something I love then deal with all the things I don't like about a 100% accurate rendition.

There are so many things I need to learn how to do for it though - making masks, sewing a vest, making gloves. Anyone have any tips for these, or know of any tutorials?
Coronart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2012, 10:28 AM   #225
TheGreatPenor
Penor the Cosplayer

im doing a red hood and a sort of my own creation robin. hes a mic of tim and damian and jason. im also wanting to do booster gold and aqau man. and animal man. and the superboy with the jacket on.
TheGreatPenor is offline   Reply With Quote