Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 25 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-06-2009, 07:45 PM   #211
Ranma 1-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cilo View Post
but I worry that you might see the wire in behind the fabric. (I got broad cloth for her pants.)
I was thinking of the thin flat nylon boning strips formed into flat hoops . Upholstery foam sponge would cover them. Also boning strip hoops inside the vertical hoops and join it all together into a ball..
eg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...neous/ball.jpg
May - London MCM Expo - Madonna :P
May - London MCM Expo -
Jun - London Film & Comic Con -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Ranma 1-2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-06-2009, 10:28 PM   #212
Lady Saru
Marchesa delle Arte

CapeSwirlingGirl: Glad I inspired you!

As for the whole bodice problem, my solution (that I'm going to try) is getting a short sleeved leotard, cutting it into the shape of Tutu's, and using clear bra straps as a halter.
Phantom!Grell Sutcliffe (Design by Dio)
Subaru [Tsubasa: Tokyo Revelations]

Events:
Fanime 2011

Unofficial twin of Sakurai Atsushi~
Lady Saru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2009, 11:57 PM   #213
Cilo
CLAMPfan04-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranma 1-2 View Post
I was thinking of the thin flat nylon boning strips formed into flat hoops . Upholstery foam sponge would cover them. Also boning strip hoops inside the vertical hoops and join it all together into a ball..
eg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...neous/ball.jpg
Ohh I see. But they are pants, so if I did it that way I wouldn't be able to walk like Uzura. http://media.photobucket.com/image/u...me/u9.jpg?o=16 Hmm.

Also since she is very short, approx. How low should I make the bodice? I was thinking right to the bust, but it wouldn't be like her that way.. an example (Cause I got bored. Haha) http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y25.../scan00012.jpg The little one is how tall she should be, then there is #1 and #2 which are my height. So #1 is at the bust Where the pants start and where the band ends. It looks the most like Uzura's outfit, I think, but would it look like I am little like her? I will be binding my chest down to make it look young.. Then there's #2.. This one starts at the waist. A bit more proportionate like uzura, I think, but I also think that making it a bit longer up there, will make the dress age. You know?

Anyway. In your opinion, which is better #1 or #2? Which one works the best factoring my height and Uzura's height?

And that's all my questions. Haha.

Also I couldn't find striped fabric like that, so I have to sew the stripes in. PAIN IN THE REAR.
❥· Northwest Fan Fest
❥· Cos & Effect
❥· Sakura Con
❥· PAX Prime
༝ ⋆ ༝

For updates on cosplay or artwork, take a peak at my Deviant Art!

(ᵔܫᵔ)
Cilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2009, 06:50 AM   #214
Ranma 1-2

Ahhh I see now. Yeah it's not really a ball is it. In that case I think your idea of filling out the pantaloons with something like net tulle will work.

As for proportions - aaaarrrgghhhh, I agonised over this and I'm still in two minds. I like the grown up look of no2, reminds me sort of Edel ^^. But no1 looks more right if you could pull off the look of a short child, otherwise the pants size increases with your height and if they get too big could end up looking more like a sort of clown costume.

Unless you could experiment with a rough mock up version of both and see which suits best on you. (temp safety pin some old clothes and material together?)
May - London MCM Expo -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Unread 02-07-2009, 10:41 AM   #215
Cosplay_Kitten
Pandora Hearts Cupcake

Cilo: There are a lot of people who have had to do those type of pants for like a CCS Sakura costume you should look around on like Cosplaylab and here and see if those people have some suggestions because I know a lot of people have had to do the puffy pants from hell XD Or also check with kingdom hearts cosplayers I mean look at Sora and Riku's pants
Cosplay_Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2009, 03:13 PM   #216
Cilo
CLAMPfan04-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranma 1-2 View Post
Ahhh I see now. Yeah it's not really a ball is it. In that case I think your idea of filling out the pantaloons with something like net tulle will work.

As for proportions - aaaarrrgghhhh, I agonised over this and I'm still in two minds. I like the grown up look of no2, reminds me sort of Edel ^^. But no1 looks more right if you could pull off the look of a short child, otherwise the pants size increases with your height and if they get too big could end up looking more like a sort of clown costume.

Unless you could experiment with a rough mock up version of both and see which suits best on you. (temp safety pin some old clothes and material together?)
Hmm I don't even know how I would start to make a mock up without the poofy part. :/ Perhaps I will test it out loosely and post pictures? I'm just trying to think of what to use.. I could try usuing old clothes, its just that I don't really have anything good. Like I have a shirt that goes up to my bustline and pans out kind of like what I am thinking of, but I don't have a shirt like that otherwise. Hmm.. It also depends on how much the pants balloon out. I think anyway. Cause if it doesn't go out like it should, you'll see my proportions are out of wack. (since little girls haven't developed hips yet..) So thinking about it, maybe moving it up to the bustline would mask that? IDK I'm just thinking outloud.

Quote:
Cilo: There are a lot of people who have had to do those type of pants for like a CCS Sakura costume you should look around on like Cosplaylab and here and see if those people have some suggestions because I know a lot of people have had to do the puffy pants from hell XD Or also check with kingdom hearts cosplayers I mean look at Sora and Riku's pants
I have been looking at other cosplays, but I haven't really found much to take hold to. I even tried looking up balloon pants. I got http://www.justkidding.co.nz/images/...lown_large.jpg (They are wearing clown pants, and its hiked up to the bustline but it still isn't as poofy), http://garnetflight.deviantart.com/a...Chibi-82832760 (A fellow Kraehe cosplayer haha, but that's not the picture. They made the dress up by the bust line and it looks young.) Then there's http://fc76.deviantart.com/fs30/f/20...y_Lastwear.jpg which look promising, but they balloon out in the wrong spot.

Hmm which other cosplays would have big pants? Maybe I can search poofy pants on here. xD

Thanks guys for the imput!
❥· Northwest Fan Fest
❥· Cos & Effect
❥· Sakura Con
❥· PAX Prime
༝ ⋆ ༝

(ᵔܫᵔ)
Unread 02-07-2009, 03:40 PM   #217
Ranma 1-2

If you have a long coat you could pin it back to look like the tail coat, try the low waist and high waist. But you're right..you really need the poofy pants to figure it out. How about a couple of swing bin liners, taped around the ankles, and stuff them with pillows, old sheets, etc.
Actually that gives me another idea of making the poofy pants - you could sew the large outer pants onto a pair of leggins at the ankle and waist and fill in between with cushion filling. ..well I don't know if foam cushion filling is expensive to buy but ...as an idea I think it would work.
May - London MCM Expo -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Unread 02-07-2009, 06:22 PM   #218
Cilo
CLAMPfan04-1

Yeah that might work. I'll be comfy where ever I sit! Haha.

Would feathers work? They may be itchy, but it may be cheaper. Feather pillows are usually thicker... hmm..
❥· Northwest Fan Fest
❥· Cos & Effect
❥· Sakura Con
❥· PAX Prime
༝ ⋆ ༝

(ᵔܫᵔ)
Unread 02-09-2009, 10:35 PM   #219
Cilo
CLAMPfan04-1

I got my wig today. Here's pics:
How it looks 'normally' http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y256/Cilo/DSC04220.jpg
Styled a little. (I'll prolly wear it like this anyway.)
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y256/Cilo/DSC04244.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y256/Cilo/DSC04251.jpg

I can't do much more with it because then you can see my real hair. You can really see it in the back.
❥· Northwest Fan Fest
❥· Cos & Effect
❥· Sakura Con
❥· PAX Prime
༝ ⋆ ༝

(ᵔܫᵔ)
Unread 02-10-2009, 01:24 AM   #220
CapeSwirlingGrl

Quote:
Would feathers work? They may be itchy, but it may be cheaper. Feather pillows are usually thicker... hmm..
Feathers may work, but they will probably be heavier. Pick up a feather pillow then pick up a normal pillow of the same size and you'll feel the difference. I'm not sure how much the feathers would be, but you should be able to get stuffing from your local fabric/craft store for like $5 or $6 for a decent sized bag.

Quote:
I got my wig today. Here's pics:...
I can't do much more with it because then you can see my real hair. You can really see it in the back.
Your wig looks good, great color. Would you be able to sew in extra hair in the back? There are some great tutorials/info in the wig section of the forum. I'm currently learning how to do that for my wig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Saru View Post
CapeSwirlingGirl: Glad I inspired you!

As for the whole bodice problem, my solution (that I'm going to try) is getting a short sleeved leotard, cutting it into the shape of Tutu's, and using clear bra straps as a halter.
Hmmm...I never thought of a halter top *runs off to contemplate the possibilities of halters*

Last edited by CapeSwirlingGrl : 02-10-2009 at 01:28 AM.
CapeSwirlingGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2009, 01:26 AM   #221
Cilo
CLAMPfan04-1

I would, but I don't have another wig with the same color to it. ;/
❥· Northwest Fan Fest
❥· Cos & Effect
❥· Sakura Con
❥· PAX Prime
༝ ⋆ ༝

(ᵔܫᵔ)
Unread 02-10-2009, 08:03 AM   #222
Ranma 1-2

Quote:
I got my wig today. Here's pics:
How it looks 'normally' http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y256/Cilo/DSC04220.jpg
Styled a little. (I'll prolly wear it like this anyway.)
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y256/Cilo/DSC04244.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y256/Cilo/DSC04251.jpg

Wahhhhhh, so KAWAII! ^_^
The wig styling works for me. Any style that is swept back from hairline is hard to do with a wig. I think this looks just fine. Just don't go outside on a windy day.
I got my new wig also today..need to get an elastic bobble to tie the back up, and a small springy comb thing to attatch the tall feathers with. But I figured how to hold the Tiara on, have bought two gold hair slides. They follow the same curve, I selotaped them onto the Tiara band, works a treat.
May - London MCM Expo -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Unread 02-10-2009, 12:45 PM   #223
LordMoufMouf
From another era....

Wonderful wig, Cilo! Looks smashing!

http://stagsleap.deviantart.com
"Polite Frivolity" - Art, Life, Horses, and Ballet Blog

AOD~SF Cherry Blossom Festival~Gaskell Ball~Fanime~Clockwork Alchemy~Nova Albion~Handcar Regatta~Vintage Invasion

Princess Tutu~Sebastian Michaelis~Steampunk~NeoVictorian~Historical

LordMoufMouf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2009, 02:56 PM   #224
Lady Saru
Marchesa delle Arte

Nice wig! You look great!

...Anyone know where I could get a white leotard (with a skirt) for kinda cheap? I'm utterly failing to find one.
Phantom!Grell Sutcliffe (Design by Dio)
Subaru [Tsubasa: Tokyo Revelations]

Events:
Fanime 2011

Unofficial twin of Sakurai Atsushi~
Lady Saru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2009, 05:48 PM   #225
Cilo
CLAMPfan04-1

Thanks everyone!!

I went looking at stuffing today, and couldn't find enough.. so I may just buy a bean bag chair or something and fill my pants with bean bag stuff. Hopefully my pants don't get a hole in em.. or maybe I'll just get a big big pillow? Who knows..
❥· Northwest Fan Fest
❥· Cos & Effect
❥· Sakura Con
❥· PAX Prime
༝ ⋆ ༝

(ᵔܫᵔ)