Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 149 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-19-2010, 03:52 PM   #796
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Waaaait, you're lining the tutu plate too? :O

Visit my Facebook page!
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-19-2010, 04:41 PM   #797
desertsphinx
Sanity is for the weak

Yeah, it's too transparent otherwise. And by that I mean that no one else would notice, but I do XD
Unread 10-19-2010, 05:08 PM   #798
Ranma 1-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsphinx View Post
Too quiet on this thread my lovelies!!

I promise, I WILL take pictures of Kraehe just as soon as I can. I started on Tutu today. Never done lining before...it is EVIL *twitch*

Off topic, but I'm saying it here, because i can't at school for fear of my life. I got the part of Rizzo in the school musical, and I am very excited. Of course, I offered my Tutu wig(when I get it) for Frenchy XD (See, see how I made that kinda of on topic there!?)

I promise I'm not badgering you Ranma, but are you doing Rue? I just want to decide which outfit to wear on Saturday, so I can test whether I can fit the other into a suitcase without it wrinkling.
First off Congrats on getting Rizzo. :P
(I have a Sandy planned and a friend will be doing Danny with me in a skit for Midland Expo in Feb next year. )

Your costumes are going to be beautifull! Not long to wait now. ^_^

Umm, I'm sorry to say though looks like I won't be doing Rue. I tried the red ballet practice dress idea (borrowed a dress) and well it kind of didn't look like a cosplay costume at all. Just looked too much like normal clothes. If that makes sense. So I abandoned the idea. I have Raven Mytho but I don't want to risk him on Saturday because it is always rammed inside Excel on Saturdays, and I just know my costume would get damaged.. So that left Kraehe's black tutu which I was thinking maybe of re-vamping with some extra gold detailing. But again, because of all the people who will be cramming on sat a pancake tutu is likely to get a tad crushed in the crowds too. ..I hope you are gonna be ok with yours.

So at the mo I am planning to do something completely different for my sat cosplay - Mary Marvel (Black vers) ..that's if I can get all my costumes finished in time!!
May - London MCM Expo - Madonna :P
May - London MCM Expo -
Jun - London Film & Comic Con -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Ranma 1-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2010, 01:55 AM   #799
desertsphinx
Sanity is for the weak

Yeah I'm a bit worried about getting it crushed too. But if I used Tutu for Saturday, I'd have those wings, and that is just asking for trouble ^^''

I'm just hoping, against my better nature because I am the most misanthropic person you will ever meet, that people won't be arses and smush my costume. I mean, we're all cosplayers here, and even if you aren't, you can see how much love goes into these costumes. It could be worse, I could have massive wings or something.

Wow, I never knew I could be so optimistic!!
Unread 10-20-2010, 10:22 AM   #800
Ranma 1-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsphinx View Post
Yeah I'm a bit worried about getting it crushed too. But if I used Tutu for Saturday, I'd have those wings, and that is just asking for trouble ^^''

I'm just hoping, against my better nature because I am the most misanthropic person you will ever meet, that people won't be arses and smush my costume. I mean, we're all cosplayers here, and even if you aren't, you can see how much love goes into these costumes. It could be worse, I could have massive wings or something.

Wow, I never knew I could be so optimistic!!
It's not that people will intentionally crush you, it's more like they can't help it because saturday it's just madness. The worst place is the queue waiting to enter the actual Expo hall. You all get funneled in and that's when the squashing seems to happen. But first thing in the morn is the absolute worst.
To tell you the truth I am thinking of avoiding the actual Expo hall untill lunchtime if it looks packed. I'll just loiter around the Excel and outside getting some pics of great cosplays and meeting other guys hopefully.
May - London MCM Expo -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Unread 10-20-2010, 11:00 AM   #801
desertsphinx
Sanity is for the weak

That was my plan too. We're getting a hotee, but we can't check in until 10. So we'll probably check in there, then go to the Expo.
Unread 10-20-2010, 12:57 PM   #802
LordMoufMouf
From another era....

Gosh, that sounds like a madhouse. What kind of con is this? O_O I've never had any problems with my tutu and the crowds - most people give me room...

http://stagsleap.deviantart.com
"Polite Frivolity" - Art, Life, Horses, and Ballet Blog

AOD~SF Cherry Blossom Festival~Gaskell Ball~Fanime~Clockwork Alchemy~Nova Albion~Handcar Regatta~Vintage Invasion

Princess Tutu~Sebastian Michaelis~Steampunk~NeoVictorian~Historical

LordMoufMouf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2010, 04:20 PM   #803
desertsphinx
Sanity is for the weak

Londoners, Darling. Rude, brutish, "I-don't-care-where-you're-going-I'm-going-somewhere-more-important" Londoners. And people from outside London get pulled in to the whole mentality against their will. We're all guilty of it at one point or another.

But hey, live in hope! Maybe people will give me room...pfft!

EDIT: I just read that through, and it sounded incredibly sarcastic!! I really didn't intend for it to be. I call most everyone I talk to "darling" or "dear" or some varition, so I'm not trying to patronise you ><

Last edited by desertsphinx : 10-20-2010 at 04:25 PM.
desertsphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2010, 04:52 PM   #804
Ranma 1-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordMoufMouf View Post
Gosh, that sounds like a madhouse. What kind of con is this? O_O I've never had any problems with my tutu and the crowds - most people give me room...
It's the MCM London Expo. This show is open to the general public. Even though it is a weekend show, for some reason loads of people choose to come just on saturday, and as a result the crowds can be unbelievable especially in the mornings. The queue which forms inside the exhibition centre corridoor is funneled into one entrance to the show hall and that's where it gets pretty packed with people trying to get into the show hall as soon as they can.
That's why I personally wait a while for the crowds to ease up.
May - London MCM Expo -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Unread 10-20-2010, 06:15 PM   #805
LordMoufMouf
From another era....

:P Free to the public? Yikes.
(Americans can get pretty bad too. Many people in California have a very strong "IwantmylatteNOW" attitude.)

AOD~SF Cherry Blossom Festival~Gaskell Ball~Fanime~Clockwork Alchemy~Nova Albion~Handcar Regatta~Vintage Invasion

Unread 10-21-2010, 03:07 AM   #806
Ranma 1-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordMoufMouf View Post
:P Free to the public? Yikes.
(Americans can get pretty bad too. Many people in California have a very strong "IwantmylatteNOW" attitude.)
Yeah. We do have proper cons too -these are normally weekend events where only pre-booked con goers can get in. But the Expo's are run completely open. I guess being a main London show a lot of people travel in for the day because its such a big media event..I mean there are new release video games, comic artists, guest actors appearences, etc.
Some of the cosplayers are outside the doors waiting at 6:00 am trying to be ahead of the stampede.. Sunday is a lot more relaxed. Sunday you can actually get to walk around the show and see the stuff! :P
(Hope I'm not putting anyone off! ^^ )
May - London MCM Expo -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Unread 10-21-2010, 10:01 AM   #807
DarkChaos
SCAD Sequential Student

I think you'll get people like that no matter where you are, or what Con you go to. At AWA this year I had 3 people step on my Celestrial's cape and tear out feathers because their could not stay back just one foot to not be all on top of me >< I even help it up and people still found a way to step on it XP

Ohnah the Shadow (original character) (60% complete) (Progress currently on hold)

Up-Coming Con(s):

AWA: Might be attending.
DarkChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2010, 05:14 PM   #808
Ranma 1-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkChaos View Post
At AWA this year I had 3 people step on my Celestrial's cape and tear out feathers because their could not stay back just one foot to not be all on top of me >< I even help it up and people still found a way to step on it XP
Awww, that's sad
May - London MCM Expo -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Unread 10-24-2010, 04:08 AM   #809
desertsphinx
Sanity is for the weak

Question for you Chickies.

I have my wig, finally. The thing is, I had to go to the party shop to get it (SUCH a kerfuffle, you never knew! Spent a good ten mintues searching for a pink wig..nada. Orange wig? Nope! FINALLY I found an orange wig, masquerading as a yellow one ¬¬...

Except, it's ORANGE. Neon orange. I've tried to darken it a bit with pens, but it doens't make that much difference, especially in sunlight, plus it makes my wig greasy and the fibers cling to each other (it's a surprisingly good wig for a partyshop one). Should I remove the colour and just have the orange wig, or should I try and go for more colour at the expense of the realistic, swishy hair? Not that it'll be swishy, because of course it's got feathers...
Unread 10-24-2010, 01:20 PM   #810
LordMoufMouf
From another era....

I think orange hair never looks good. It's too bright, too unrealistic, clashes with the rest of the outfit, and doesn't give people that all important "POW OMGITSPRINCESSTUTU" when they first see you.

Did you try FW ink? Sharpie pens? I would keep trying or try to find another wig. I know that's not entirely helpful, but I really don't think an orange wig is going to help your cosplay at all.