Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 97 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-28-2010, 04:12 PM   #826
desertsphinx
Sanity is for the weak

Hello nadwolff!! Welcome to the fold! Rest assured you will find any answer you need on making a Tutu outfit on here (I should know, I've bugged these guys enough :P).

Unread 10-28-2010, 05:17 PM   #827
nadwolff

desertphinx thanks haha

weigh lost 7/21 pounds[/font]

DONT MAKE WAR, MAKE PASTA
nadwolff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2010, 07:38 PM   #828
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

And I can help too! I have a whole book on it (I also take ballet XD)

Visit my Facebook page!
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2010, 10:52 PM   #829
DarkChaos
SCAD Sequential Student

A little off topic...

Happy All-Hallows-Eve everyone one ^_^

Ohnah the Shadow (original character) (60% complete) (Progress currently on hold)

Up-Coming Con(s):

AWA: Might be attending.
DarkChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2010, 06:48 PM   #830
Ranma 1-2

Hi guys..I just finished London Expo and have some pics up of my new improved Kraehe. I decided to make my tutu more like a proper Odile costume, since I feel this is what Kraehe's costume is based on. So I added some gold lace detail and dagged the edges of my skirt frills. (I know - ordinarily the dagging should be done before the net tulle is gathered up, but I didn't want to dis-assemble the frills so I did it in situ). Then I teamed my feather arm puffs together with stocking arm gloves. Finally since I wasn't doing a dance performance this time I went for sheer tights/pantyhose with patent black heels - I personally love how the costume looks like this. Its kind of like demi-pointe. And besides, I like how my legs look with heels. :P

pics in album
http://www.cosplayisland.co.uk/costume/view/32363
click on the pic and then on the x to expand pics to full size
May - London MCM Expo - Madonna :P
May - London MCM Expo -
Jun - London Film & Comic Con -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Ranma 1-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2010, 07:46 PM   #831
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranma 1-2 View Post
Hi guys..I just finished London Expo and have some pics up of my new improved Kraehe. I decided to make my tutu more like a proper Odile costume, since I feel this is what Kraehe's costume is based on. So I added some gold lace detail and dagged the edges of my skirt frills. (I know - ordinarily the dagging should be done before the net tulle is gathered up, but I didn't want to dis-assemble the frills so I did it in situ). Then I teamed my feather arm puffs together with stocking arm gloves. Finally since I wasn't doing a dance performance this time I went for sheer tights/pantyhose with patent black heels - I personally love how the costume looks like this. Its kind of like demi-pointe. And besides, I like how my legs look with heels. :P

pics in album
http://www.cosplayisland.co.uk/costume/view/32363
click on the pic and then on the x to expand pics to full size
That actually looks REALLY good. It looks similar to Kraehe's uhh...I guess it's HER Swan Lake variant? I dunno, but it does really remind me of Swan Lake....so that's what I'm assuming. Anyways, it's really pretty! I love the gold that you put with it. It's part of the tutu plate, right? And the heels actually look pretty good. Maybe you could put ribbons on it next time? Lol I'm just babbling now, I'll be quiet.

Just a random question, though, how many people recognize Princess Tutu or Kraehe cosplayers?

Visit my Facebook page!
Unread 11-04-2010, 11:13 PM   #832
LordMoufMouf
From another era....

You look fantastic Ranma! I really like how you modified the design. I especially love the heels. I think heels look excellent on PTT cosplayers, since it really does make you look like you're on demi-pointe, gives your legs a beautiful line, and doesn't affect your balance. I think you could work on your neck though - you seem to be lacking a sense of "lift" in your chest, neck, and the base of your skull. It's hard to explain, but perhaps try to feel as if you are being pulled up by a string on your head? It may come from being tall. Tall people tend to "shrink" themselves sometimes.

How did the tutu hold up in the crowd?

http://stagsleap.deviantart.com
"Polite Frivolity" - Art, Life, Horses, and Ballet Blog

AOD~SF Cherry Blossom Festival~Gaskell Ball~Fanime~Clockwork Alchemy~Nova Albion~Handcar Regatta~Vintage Invasion

Princess Tutu~Sebastian Michaelis~Steampunk~NeoVictorian~Historical

LordMoufMouf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2010, 07:19 AM   #833
Ranma 1-2

SakuraxTsubasa - Thank you ^_^
It it is my attempt to make more of a real Odile ballet costume - from Swan Lake, I'm sure that Kreahe pic you linked is based Odile from Swan Lake, so yes you 're right. Often Odile costumes have gold in them. I want to add some more things eg black sequins. Strictly speaking Odile has white tights.. (probs this is because the lead ballerina plays both parts in the real ballet, first as Odette she appears in white tutu, and then later she quickly changes into the black tutu to play the role of Odile - the girl who tricks the prince into marrying her instead of Odette! Makes sense to leave the same tights on. But for my costume I went with Black tights because of my patent black shoes.
The gold lace is actually tacked onto the net skirt just outside where the top plate ends.

I think lots of people on the Con circuit know about PTutu now, even if they haven't seen the anime for themselves. So if anyone is wearing anything ballet they automatically assume it is PTutu now. ^_^ e.g. I heard people saying "It must be from Princess Tutu."
I met two other Kraehe's and a Tutu at the show. It's always a great feeling to meet other PTutu cosplayers.

LordMoufMouf - Awww thank you. ^_^ Beautifull line Yes I agree.
I will work on my neck posture as you say. Part of it is down to my insecurities. Sometimes I fear that people are thinking "Who the heck does he think he is!" Cuz a lot of people just don't like guys crossplaying. It takes a lot of guts to walk around a show like this. Even though I enjoy wearing my costumes at the shows I know there isn't universal public acceptance. Thank goodness for the other cosplayers, who often shout out "Steeeeve!" and grab me for a hug and chat. ^_^
I think I do know exactly what you mean about the neck and chest 'lift'. When I am painting and sculpting ballerina's I see it, and emulate it ..like method acting, to try and infuse my artworks with that 'essence' of ballet.
My bad posture definitely does not come from being tall - I am only 5'7". ^^
No, I would go for 'lack of confindence'. I am a very timid soul, always have been.

The tutu held up marvelously in the crowd. When people got too close I just mentioned how the edges were actually quite sharp, (especially since I dagged them). Not sharp enough to hurt but sharp enough to snag and pull fine fabrics - They seemed to keep their distance. :P

Thanks for your lovely comments. ^_^
May - London MCM Expo -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Unread 11-05-2010, 03:20 PM   #834
Bodici22
is a crazy person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranma 1-2 View Post
Part of it is down to my insecurities. Sometimes I fear that people are thinking "Who the heck does he think he is!" Cuz a lot of people just don't like guys crossplaying.
I'm hoping that this doesn't sound creepy, but my friend and I were looking through your portfolio here, and we both agreed that you're a prettier woman than either of us. I love your costumes and I really hope that someday I have the kind of confidence as a cosplayer that you do.

Also you can add me on twitter! Unless you have something better to do with your time than read about the insanity of my life.
Bodici22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2010, 05:56 PM   #835
Ranma 1-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodici22 View Post
I'm hoping that this doesn't sound creepy, but my friend and I were looking through your portfolio here, and we both agreed that you're a prettier woman than either of us. I love your costumes and I really hope that someday I have the kind of confidence as a cosplayer that you do.
No, it doesn't sound creepy, but it's way off course!..I mean, you are such a pretty young girl. How can you think that way!?
The only thing I can say maybe I know a lil more about makeup..makeup is such a wonderfull thing. It can really enhance your natural features. And btw you haven't finished maturing into a full grown woman yet. You have plenty of time to learn your own makeup style. One day you will be gobsmaked with the gorgeous face starring back at you in the mirror.
Confidence - most of us have to work on that. ^_^
May - London MCM Expo -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Unread 11-13-2010, 12:51 AM   #836
MermaidSymphony
I'm Secretly a Mermaid

Yay for Princess Tutu Cosplay ^^ XD

Im planning to do an Ballet inspired Iconic Tutu Outfit for AnimeConji next year ^^.

I can't wait
MermaidSymphony is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2010, 04:15 AM   #837
Ranma 1-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MermaidSymphony View Post
Yay for Princess Tutu Cosplay ^^ XD

Im planning to do an Ballet inspired Iconic Tutu Outfit for AnimeConji next year ^^.

I can't wait
Best wishes with it.. put some wip pics up when you get started - I love watching costumes coming together.
May - London MCM Expo -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Unread 11-13-2010, 12:42 PM   #838
MermaidSymphony
I'm Secretly a Mermaid

I will ^^

XD
MermaidSymphony is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2010, 09:20 PM   #839
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

I think I'm gonna revive this thread. It's making me sad to not hear from any of you and your Princess Tutu costumes.

Hey desertsphinx, how did yours go? Any pictures?

And quick question. I really want to get started on my PT cosplay now, but I'm having trouble with fabric decisions. What fabric have you guys been using for the bodices?

Visit my Facebook page!
Unread 12-10-2010, 09:58 PM   #840
raNar
~Split.Image.Cosplay~

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakuraxTsubasa View Post

And quick question. I really want to get started on my PT cosplay now, but I'm having trouble with fabric decisions. What fabric have you guys been using for the bodices?
Bodices can be made out of several different fabrics, but it depends on if you're going for an accurate ballet constructed bodice, a leotard like bodice, or just a costume/evening dress bodice.

I used a bridal satin, but I've seen normal satin, casa, velvet, taffeta, etc for non-stretch bodices. I've seen ponte, knit, spandex, etc for stretchy-leotards type bodice.

Good luck with your costume! I love seeing all the new work people are doing.
raNar is offline   Reply With Quote