Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 224 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-26-2011, 07:13 AM   #961
Ranma 1-2
Registered User
 
Ranma 1-2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordMoufMouf View Post
You can't really clean pointe shoes. It will ruin the sheen on the satin. You can give it a try, but you may be able to dye over the dirt. I would experiment. I manage to keep my shoes pretty clean - even to Victorian reenactments. I guess dirt doesn't like me.

I'm really upset about my performance. REALLY upset. I completely fell apart on stage. I don't want to show anyone my video because I look so bad and I'm embarrassed. I really don't dance that way. My technique is so much better than what happened on stage.
I made lots of people happy with my performance, and I'm proud about that...but dance-wise I did not do my best and I'm ashamed.
Awwww MoufMouf, dont feel bad. And dont beat yourself up about it. Did you feel warmth from the audience? We are own own worst critics. I know you wanted people to see your technical best, but most people wouldnt tell the difference. Main thing is the performance must have heart. I think you put yourself under too much pressure to perform on that stage. In a funny way Ahiru was right there in your performance. But we all love Ahiru even when she is falling over..because she has a heart of gold and never gives up. For what its worth I cringe when I watch the vid of my own feeble attempts on stage. But the audience saw something they liked ..and I even won the best performance award for it, somehow. So it's not about technicality. Its about love for a cosplay.
__________________
Cosplay plans 2012
--------------------
Feb - Midland MCM Expo - Katy Perry
May - London MCM Expo - Madonna :P
May - London MCM Expo -
Jun - London Film & Comic Con -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Ranma 1-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 02-26-2011, 07:35 PM   #962
benihime
Kimono Queen
 
benihime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,816
very well put ranma

Well I decided I can't wait to cosplay duck, so I'm going to make her nightgown and then i'm going to buy some fuzzy duck slippers!! I found some child ones but I can find into the extra large ones but I might go en pointe but i'll probably just get some ballet slippers but mostly wear the duck slippers
__________________


WORKING ON
Haruka (idolm@ster 2)

NEXT CONVENTIONS
A-kon in Dallas, TX

WEBSITE
DEVIANTART FACEBOOK
TUMBLR


benihime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2011, 09:49 PM   #963
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!
 
SakuraxTsubasa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,298
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordMoufMouf View Post
You can't really clean pointe shoes. It will ruin the sheen on the satin. You can give it a try, but you may be able to dye over the dirt. I would experiment. I manage to keep my shoes pretty clean - even to Victorian reenactments. I guess dirt doesn't like me.

I'm really upset about my performance. REALLY upset. I completely fell apart on stage. I don't want to show anyone my video because I look so bad and I'm embarrassed. I really don't dance that way. My technique is so much better than what happened on stage.
I made lots of people happy with my performance, and I'm proud about that...but dance-wise I did not do my best and I'm ashamed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranma 1-2 View Post
Awwww MoufMouf, dont feel bad. And dont beat yourself up about it. Did you feel warmth from the audience? We are own own worst critics. I know you wanted people to see your technical best, but most people wouldnt tell the difference. Main thing is the performance must have heart. I think you put yourself under too much pressure to perform on that stage. In a funny way Ahiru was right there in your performance. But we all love Ahiru even when she is falling over..because she has a heart of gold and never gives up. For what its worth I cringe when I watch the vid of my own feeble attempts on stage. But the audience saw something they liked ..and I even won the best performance award for it, somehow. So it's not about technicality. Its about love for a cosplay.
Ranma, you couldn't have said it better.

Even if you didn't perform to your full potential, from what I hear, you still had the courage to dance ballet in front of an audience and impress them, I admire you for that. Plus, the audience (mostly) doesn't know any better, and will be satisfied with any level of performance higher than their own. Stop beating yourself up over it, I'm sure you did fine! And from what I could tell from your video on YouTube (I kind of looked you up XD) you were really nervous, but now that you've done it at least once, I'm sure that if you ever decide to do it again, it won't happen again and you'll do wonderfully. *huggle*

And on a less interesting note....my shoes are actually really pink compared to everyone else's, and they're mostly dead and look really bad on my feet, so whenever I dye a pair I'll probably just get new ones. Blochs aren't too expensive. I hope I have time to finish this cosplay over the summer...
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2011, 06:41 PM   #964
Titaniafanel
Girl in Tights
 
Titaniafanel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 51
Not much I can say that hasn't already been said LordMoufMouf...but I guarantee you think it is way worse then it is! I always pick apart every little thing that went "wrong" and don't see all that went right. It's so easy to get hung up on the little things. (I would still love to see it if you ever feel like posting...!)

Well, the tutu base is sitting in the basement all finished. Now comes some easy stuff (overlay and feathers) and some hard stuff (attaching my top to the basque and leo...lots of handsewing >_<) Less then 2 months till con, gotta get it done!
Titaniafanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2011, 09:29 PM   #965
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!
 
SakuraxTsubasa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titaniafanel View Post

Well, the tutu base is sitting in the basement all finished. Now comes some easy stuff (overlay and feathers) and some hard stuff (attaching my top to the basque and leo...lots of handsewing >_<) Less then 2 months till con, gotta get it done!
Wait, did you make the tutu or buy it?! :O
(Just because I'm curious....what con?)

I'm so excited. I just got my new pointe shoes, and they look so good on me. I'm a little worried about the shank though, I feel like it might be too hard because I have issues like that....but I'll figure all that out when I try breaking them in on Saturday. So like maybe...I'll have a pair that actually looks good on my feet that I can wear for all my planned PT cosplays.
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2011, 08:34 PM   #966
Titaniafanel
Girl in Tights
 
Titaniafanel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 51
Handmade with a lot of help from my mom. It all happened because my friend who is Tutu wanted her own "real" tutu to keep (she stopped taking ballet regularly a while ago and isn't lucky like me to have several personal tutus). Having a ruffler makes it less of a headache...even though it likes to have jamming problems. The con is Sakura-con, convenient since I live in Seattle already, I don't need to travel!

I just got my new pointe shoes, too, in the mail! I am still giddy I found 5 pairs of Freed ClassicPros for only 25 bucks a pair. Lucky~! Now I gotta sew them all @_@
Titaniafanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2011, 09:34 PM   #967
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!
 
SakuraxTsubasa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titaniafanel View Post
Handmade with a lot of help from my mom. It all happened because my friend who is Tutu wanted her own "real" tutu to keep (she stopped taking ballet regularly a while ago and isn't lucky like me to have several personal tutus). Having a ruffler makes it less of a headache...even though it likes to have jamming problems. The con is Sakura-con, convenient since I live in Seattle already, I don't need to travel!

I just got my new pointe shoes, too, in the mail! I am still giddy I found 5 pairs of Freed ClassicPros for only 25 bucks a pair. Lucky~! Now I gotta sew them all @_@
Oh my gosh that's so cool! I just got all the patterns and instructions that I need in, so hopefully I get to start after Anime Boston, which has me a bit tied up.
I probably should invest in a ruffler...I swear every costume I've made involved ruffles. Endless amounts of it. Oh so wait, you're wearing Rue to Sakura-con? So I get to see pictures after AB? :P

5 PAIRS?! Where'd you get them? (Oh shoot I forgot to ask how much mine are, since I didn't want/need the toe pads are. I'll ask tomorrow.) Mine are Bloch's European Balance.
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2011, 10:18 PM   #968
Titaniafanel
Girl in Tights
 
Titaniafanel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 51
Yeah, getting Kraehe ready to go for Sakura-con. I am so glad I have my mom (she already has patterns and knowhow since she's done it so many times before. She helped develop the patterns we have). A lot of the big sewing is done, it's a lot of little stuff now. And then a new haircut and manicure the day or 2 before hand for finishing touches (none of this wig and fake nails business). I just wish I was in shape...I'm not huge but I am not in the best shape either anymore, so I'll be a Round Rue :\ Gotta get back to the gym, ballet class and rehearsal doesn't cut it now that I am getting older.

Yup, 5 pairs in my awkward 4xxx size...found on eBay! Another dancer in Massachusetts switched shoes after Nutcracker and these were her leftovers...I am shocked to find my size, which is so small and wide. Now I don't have to worry about blowing through my shoes, I have back-up!
Titaniafanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2011, 10:20 PM   #969
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!
 
SakuraxTsubasa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titaniafanel View Post
Yeah, getting Kraehe ready to go for Sakura-con. I am so glad I have my mom (she already has patterns and knowhow since she's done it so many times before. She helped develop the patterns we have). A lot of the big sewing is done, it's a lot of little stuff now. And then a new haircut and manicure the day or 2 before hand for finishing touches (none of this wig and fake nails business). I just wish I was in shape...I'm not huge but I am not in the best shape either anymore, so I'll be a Round Rue :\ Gotta get back to the gym, ballet class and rehearsal doesn't cut it now that I am getting older.

Yup, 5 pairs in my awkward 4xxx size...found on eBay! Another dancer in Massachusetts switched shoes after Nutcracker and these were her leftovers...I am shocked to find my size, which is so small and wide. Now I don't have to worry about blowing through my shoes, I have back-up!
But still, that's awesome! Especially because you're not using a wig. And I'm sure you're fine. >.>

...Oh wow. And if you're dyeing them, you have at least a pair to experiment on if need be :P It's funny, I'm the only one at the dance studio with a 1X width.
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2011, 10:31 PM   #970
Titaniafanel
Girl in Tights
 
Titaniafanel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 51
Only thing about the hair is the big wing thing is going to be feathers, I am not leaving a random chunk of hair that long XD

As far as pointe shoes, no way am I dying new ones for cosplay, I need them for rehearsal. I have plenty of dead ones (they make my feet look better anyways) that will be much more comfortable to walk around in all day, plus I don't care if I screw up the dye job. I can just get another dead pair and try again.
Titaniafanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2011, 12:10 AM   #971
Titaniafanel
Girl in Tights
 
Titaniafanel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 51
Hi friends! I updated my Kraehe page on here with a new journal and a new pic...I am on the home stretch, which is good since Sakura-con is only 18 days away....PANIC!! I am excited to get my new Kraehe haircut next Wednesday =D
Titaniafanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2011, 11:19 AM   #972
benihime
Kimono Queen
 
benihime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,816
it looks great! I can't wait to see it finished!!

I thought about adding rehersal RUE to my list since I kinda look like her and my hair is the same color, but my feet aren't ready to go en pointe yet. I just started the ballet conditioning dvd yesterday and my butt is killing me I can't believe how out of shape i am!
__________________


WORKING ON
Haruka (idolm@ster 2)

NEXT CONVENTIONS
A-kon in Dallas, TX

WEBSITE
DEVIANTART FACEBOOK
TUMBLR


benihime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2011, 01:54 AM   #973
Titaniafanel
Girl in Tights
 
Titaniafanel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 51
Thanks! I can't wait to see it finished either XD *sits here handsewing*

Keep at it, being in shape for ballet takes a lot of effort...you know what they say, every day you take off it takes 2 more to get back where you were
Titaniafanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2011, 02:47 AM   #974
Titaniafanel
Girl in Tights
 
Titaniafanel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 51
I just finished up Sakura-con for the weekend, and it was an amazing time! My Tutu and I took the con by storm. We won both the skit contest and the costume contest in our divisions! We were totally suprised and very proud, we got a great reaction and reception from the crowd. I had a lot of fun, even though my poor feet were mangled by today. My only regret is being...large for me (as in I am larger then I normally like to be and it bugs me in most photos that are at gross angles), but it's no ones fault but my own, and I was not by any means the largest cosplayer out there. Just knowing my previoud fitness level makes it irksome. Some fabulous photoshoot pics are hopefully coming my way in a few days, and I will put them up! Hope everyone elses projects are coming along as well

@LordMoufMouf- I essentially followed your shoe dying tutorial and my shoes looked pretty good, I am glad you linked it here
Titaniafanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2011, 10:46 AM   #975
raNar
~Split.Image.Cosplay~
 
raNar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titaniafanel View Post
I just finished up Sakura-con for the weekend, and it was an amazing time! My Tutu and I took the con by storm. We won both the skit contest and the costume contest in our divisions! We were totally suprised and very proud, we got a great reaction and reception from the crowd. I had a lot of fun, even though my poor feet were mangled by today. My only regret is being...large for me (as in I am larger then I normally like to be and it bugs me in most photos that are at gross angles), but it's no ones fault but my own, and I was not by any means the largest cosplayer out there. Just knowing my previoud fitness level makes it irksome. Some fabulous photoshoot pics are hopefully coming my way in a few days, and I will put them up! Hope everyone elses projects are coming along as well

@LordMoufMouf- I essentially followed your shoe dying tutorial and my shoes looked pretty good, I am glad you linked it here

I thought of you girls and looked up the skit yesterday. I'm see glad to see you ladies won best novice in both categories, but I kind of knew you would. LOL I watched the skit on ACP, but couldn't see your feet; which was disappointing. Still I could tell everything was very well done and uniform which is particularlly important in this dance. So happy to see!

http://www.acparadise.com/acp/vid.php?v=6241&s=h

Don't worry too much about strange angles and such in photographs, it happens in all costumes and for all sized cosplayers. I'm not the "classic" ballet body either, but most people think of super thin ballet dancer rather than the strength and muscle that makes ballet what it is.

Can't wait to see the pictures!
raNar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:13 PM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.