Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 229 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-06-2011, 02:25 AM   #1156
Titaniafanel
Girl in Tights

My Tutu bought the russian bodice pattern from Claudia, and then we altered the top to be more the correct shape. My personal preference, I think, is still the pointed front variety (especially for dancing in) but the russian turned out really lovely for Tutu
Titaniafanel is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-06-2011, 06:44 AM   #1157
Ranma 1-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hime no Toki View Post
Ranma, there are nine rows attached. To dag the netting, I folded each piece in half until it was about 2 inches wide and cut it as shown. I attached a picture to show how I did it. I took a load of progress shots while constructing so I probably have a photo to show for just about everything. Note that my dags are very extreme and feathery, thus the netting isn't as tightly pleated as it gets to the bottom on the longer rows but I'm dealing with it. Plus it was the effect I wanted so I got it, but it does snag pretty easily on things.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i2...i/IMG_0997.jpg
Ah I see, thanks. That is a lot quicker way of doing it - ie all in one. I agree with you, I preferr the dagged tutu for Kraehe. I think the dagging actually looks like feathers anyway. And yes, snagging became a problem for me too. In the end I added a bit of lining underneath to prevent the tutu snagging on the tights.
May - London MCM Expo - Madonna :P
May - London MCM Expo -
Jun - London Film & Comic Con -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Ranma 1-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2011, 07:52 PM   #1158
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Quote:
I would have liked using it since I'm going for an authentic look overall for my costume, including the bodice, but it's still suitable for a classical tutu what I have. But yes it looks perfect for Tutu, and probably offers a lot of support with the extra channels inside.
Ah well...
I like what you have so far anyway.

Squeeee. I was talking to my friend (who also dances) and she said she might do Kraehe with me when I make Tutu...if we ever get to meet up. But still! It's a start!

So....I'm going to place my pointe shoe ramblings here, because it's somewhat pertinent to the topic and I've no place else to put them.

So I've got issues with pointe shoes.
The Blochs I got through my old studio were way too small and that's why they hurt so much, but they looked so pretty! The Grishko 2007s I got in June would be great, because they're so goddamn comfortable, but my ankles aren't flexible enough and I can't get up in them. I can't get up at all.
SO I went back to the store I get all my shoes at, and I got Mirellas. I actually realized that they hurt a bit more than I feel like they should have, but they were pretty...but I went back and returned them and spent half an hour playing with and trying on other shoes. So now, I've got two pairs to decide between by tomorrow. One pair is Gamba and the other is Capezio. But I am slightly prejudiced in my decision just because I feel like they aren't as pretty and can't possibly be as pretty on me.....partially because they haven't got that smooth, shiny look that shoes like my Blochs or Grishko 2007s have. :/I have to try them on a few times, and I'll probably take a bunch of pictures but I feel like they just won't be as pretty on me as the Blochs were...I want to find my perfect pointe shoes.

Last edited by SakuraxTsubasa : 09-06-2011 at 08:01 PM.
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2011, 10:30 AM   #1159
Bodici22
is a crazy person.

I. Will. Pleat. More. Today.

Tutupeeps, if I don't come back with pictures of progress by 9PM Pacific time (That's midnight Eastern time), you have my permission to find me on every social networking site and threaten me until I prove that I worked on it.

It's just that pleating is so...boring, and unlike embroidery it's tougher to do in a Starbucks while watching tv.

But in other news, I got one of my friends hooked on the show, so that's awesome.

Also you can add me on twitter! Unless you have something better to do with your time than read about the insanity of my life.
Bodici22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2011, 01:41 PM   #1160
benihime
Kimono Queen

@sakuraxtsubasa - i feel your pain about the point shoe thing. i'm still REALLY mad at myself for giving away my old ones because they were amazing finding your right size is REALLY frustrating and i'm going to be going through what you're doing in a few months.. good luck!

WORKING ON
Haruka (idolm@ster 2)

NEXT CONVENTIONS
A-kon in Dallas, TX

WEBSITE
DEVIANTART FACEBOOK
TUMBLR

benihime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2011, 04:58 PM   #1161
NiGHTmaren
...into Dreams
Modoka Magica

Pleating is boring. Tacking is boring. Hooping is a pain in the butt. I'm so glad I'm onto the beading on the plate at this point because I LOVE to bead. I literally have two weeks to go, guys! But with an almost completed bodice and tutu I've gotten ahead at this point.

2014 - Upcoming Conventions :
Holiday Matsuri (FL)

Upcoming costumes : Suzie Q from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Edea Lee (various versions) from Bravely Default, Robotnik (genderbend) from Sonic, and more!

http://www.facebook.com/NiGHTmarenCosplay
NiGHTmaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2011, 06:07 PM   #1162
Bodici22
is a crazy person.

Quote:
Pleating is boring. Tacking is boring. Hooping is a pain in the butt. I'm so glad I'm onto the beading on the plate at this point because I LOVE to bead. I literally have two weeks to go, guys! But with an almost completed bodice and tutu I've gotten ahead at this point.
I think I'm just going to borrow the tagging gun from the store where I work and use that to tack the entire thing, if I ever get the endless pleating done.

Also you can add me on twitter! Unless you have something better to do with your time than read about the insanity of my life.
Unread 09-14-2011, 06:29 PM   #1163
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodici22 View Post
I. Will. Pleat. More. Today.

Tutupeeps, if I don't come back with pictures of progress by 9PM Pacific time (That's midnight Eastern time), you have my permission to find me on every social networking site and threaten me until I prove that I worked on it.

It's just that pleating is so...boring, and unlike embroidery it's tougher to do in a Starbucks while watching tv.

But in other news, I got one of my friends hooked on the show, so that's awesome.
Got it! *gone to facebook to add you 6 hours early....can I?* >
(Good luck...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by benihime View Post
@sakuraxtsubasa - i feel your pain about the point shoe thing. i'm still REALLY mad at myself for giving away my old ones because they were amazing finding your right size is REALLY frustrating and i'm going to be going through what you're doing in a few months.. good luck!
Thanks, I really need that. I had my first pointe class at my new studio last night, and I realized that the thing on the joint of my big toe is a blister, on top of a bruise. >.> But at least I get to dye stuff whenever I find good shoes.

@HimenoToki- Oooh! What con are you wearing it to?! I'm so excited to see yours done!

.....my progress? I got no progress. But I do have the beginnings of a feathered headpiece, except I have no idea how to attach it to my head. I'll figure that out eventually.
Unread 09-14-2011, 09:18 PM   #1164
NiGHTmaren
...into Dreams
Modoka Magica

It's for Saturday of Anime Weekend Atlanta.

Holiday Matsuri (FL)

Upcoming costumes : Suzie Q from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Edea Lee (various versions) from Bravely Default, Robotnik (genderbend) from Sonic, and more!

Unread 09-15-2011, 12:09 AM   #1165
Bodici22
is a crazy person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakuraxTsubasa View Post
Got it! *gone to facebook to add you 6 hours early....can I?* >
You totally can, and I totally failed. I have done next to nothing today. :noes:
If you want to add me, you can do that here and here.

Unread 09-15-2011, 12:21 AM   #1166
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodici22 View Post
You totally can, and I totally failed. I have done next to nothing today. :noes:
If you want to add me, you can do that here and here.
TEEHEE.
I stalk you nao. (Well tomorrow....I'm too lazy right now.)
Aww man, I was doing my homework and forgot to yell at you to finish. D:
Unread 09-15-2011, 12:40 AM   #1167
Bodici22
is a crazy person.

I posted pictures on the facebook. I have finished 1.75 layers...of many manymany layers. Time for bed now.

Unread 09-15-2011, 03:43 AM   #1168
Titaniafanel
Girl in Tights

Mind if I friends you too? :3 I leik teh frendz
Titaniafanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2011, 05:44 AM   #1169
Tigress
Bitch-Kitty on Wheels

I've put Duck's school uniform on the short list of upcoming projects and I've already done one of the two most difficult parts: I found shoes!

Now I just have to figure out how to style the wig and find stuff for the pendant and the rest will be easy.

One of the most basic rules for survival on any planet is never to upset someone wearing black leather. (This is why protesters against the wearing of animal skins by humans unaccountably fail to throw their paint over Hell's Angels.) -- Terry Pratchett
Tigress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2011, 12:36 PM   #1170
NiGHTmaren
...into Dreams
Modoka Magica

I love friends on FB, too! As long as I know who you are, you may want to message me. I don't have a few hundred pending requests for no reason...though I probably should get around to clearing those out instead of letting them pile up. But I have tons of tutu progress on here under the Kraehe album.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000987482565

Holiday Matsuri (FL)