Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 215 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-13-2012, 04:49 AM   #1276
Tigress
Bitch-Kitty on Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titaniafanel View Post
Well, I have purchased all the materials for this new bodice. Only have about 3 weeks to get this done. Why do I do these things to myself?
Probably for the same reason I now have three costumes due in May, in addition to my own (which I have yet to start). o_O

One of the most basic rules for survival on any planet is never to upset someone wearing black leather. (This is why protesters against the wearing of animal skins by humans unaccountably fail to throw their paint over Hell's Angels.) -- Terry Pratchett
Tigress is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-13-2012, 01:40 PM   #1277
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

And the same reason I told myself to make two tutus by June.

I've added PT's Swan Lake var to my list of AX cosplays! So excited. Bought some beads and stuff for it, and am going to start on appliques after tomorrow's history quiz. I like having things to work on during school. And I'll have time to really start working with fabrics and patterns in two or three weeks when Cinderella is over!
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2012, 07:33 PM   #1278
Titaniafanel
Girl in Tights

Main body of the bodice is all sewn together, just needs nude inset, bottom cording, hooks/eyes, and elastics! Phew. Thing's giving me a bit of an eye twitch...a couple of the pieces of boning I had to use are white rather than black...I'll just try to never look at the inside x_X
Titaniafanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2012, 07:08 PM   #1279
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Mmmmph. My poor wallet. Looking at my shoes which were painted--yes painted--white for White Horse, I am concluding that they won't last very long because it's probably going to crack. Meaning, not only am I going to need to buy another pair of pointe shoes for Princess Tutu, but I'm going to have to buy another pair and send it to Tutu.com to have them do something, because there's no way I'm buying a whole bunch of airbrush supplies just for shoes.

But in the meantime, I've started my applique and gotten my PTutu wig in!
And I'm ordering the last of the stuff I still need (aside from shoes, a last pair of tights because I've decided that Tutu has flesh-colored tights, and her blue tail things that I'm still conflicted about) soon-ish. I repeat, my poor wallet.

Edit: I was just playing with the few hackle pads I have, too...
Theoretically if I only use six or seven on my default PT headpiece, I'll have six or sevenish left of the dozen I'm ordering. I'm hoping that's enough for the entire Swan Lake tutu, but I doubt it. :/

Last edited by SakuraxTsubasa : 03-26-2012 at 07:39 PM.
Unread 03-26-2012, 11:14 PM   #1280
benihime
Kimono Queen

what kind of paint did you use on your shoes? Maybe a different paint would help?

I've actually got my princess tutu wig but I won't be working on her for awhile gotta lose more weight :\

WORKING ON
Haruka (idolm@ster 2)

NEXT CONVENTIONS
A-kon in Dallas, TX

WEBSITE
DEVIANTART FACEBOOK
TUMBLR

benihime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2012, 02:41 PM   #1281
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Quote:
Originally Posted by benihime View Post
what kind of paint did you use on your shoes? Maybe a different paint would help?
I don't know what kind they used because it was the costumers at my studio.
I think I'm going to just buy a new pair and send them over to Tutu.com and have her paint them, or go to the dance store and see if they sell any brands that come in white, and try and get a pair that fits. But I like my Balance Europeans....yeah, I'll just send a pair to Tutu.com and have her paint them. I'm not buying airbrush supplies just for a pair of shoes.
Unread 03-27-2012, 02:49 PM   #1282
benihime
Kimono Queen

I was also going to suggest paint that works on satin but that will work too

WORKING ON
Haruka (idolm@ster 2)

NEXT CONVENTIONS
A-kon in Dallas, TX

WEBSITE
DEVIANTART FACEBOOK
TUMBLR

benihime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2012, 03:17 PM   #1283
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Quote:
Originally Posted by benihime View Post
I was also going to suggest paint that works on satin but that will work too
I'm a bit too scared to do that. I'm unfamiliar with paint and I'd have to buy some as well as pay for shipping and then experiment...and pointe shoes are expensive. I might do it some other time, but I don't really want to at the moment...

Edit: Aaaaactually, I'm going to follow LordMoufMouf's tutorial and possibly use Dye-na-flow paint? And I'll just hope that the white is pigmented enough...

Last edited by SakuraxTsubasa : 03-27-2012 at 03:46 PM.
Unread 03-28-2012, 08:05 PM   #1284
Hime no Toki
NiGHTmaren
Modoka Magica

I purchased some more supplies for Aurora Rue, so I should be starting on that shortly. Otakon will be here before I know it!

Also, I figured out which tutu this is that Tutu is wearing. I think it's obviously Rose Adagio from The Sleeping Beauty, though I originally called it Sugar Plum Fairy. The animators for PT must have really loved the Royal Ballet's production because that's also the tutu that they used as reference for Rue's (from the Third Act).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg auroraroseadagiotutu.jpg (140.7 KB, 0 views)

2014 - Upcoming Conventions :
Anime Weekend Atlanta (GA) - FandomCon (FL)

Upcoming costumes : Suzie Q from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Edea Lee (various versions) from Bravely Default, and more!

http://www.facebook.com/NiGHTmarenCosplay
Hime no Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2012, 11:59 PM   #1285
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hime no Toki View Post
Also, I figured out which tutu this is that Tutu is wearing. I think it's obviously Rose Adagio from The Sleeping Beauty, though I originally called it Sugar Plum Fairy. The animators for PT must have really loved the Royal Ballet's production because that's also the tutu that they used as reference for Rue's (from the Third Act).
SEE I WAS TOTALLY RIGHT.
:P

Uh...so....Not Princess Tutu-related kind of but not really...we had dress rehearsals at the theater and we had all of our costumes this time (as opposed to mostly having them at the studio) and....it's rather sad that all the things that the costumer people/moms couldn't figure out or do correctly, I could think of something to do for. Once I dye my Princess Tutu shoes, I'm probably going to shoot them an email about that...
Unread 04-11-2012, 07:56 PM   #1286
VictoriaRosen

I have made a Princess Tutu cosplay and a Princess Kraehe cosplay but both were really bad so I m remaking them for the next convention. I have also made Fakir's dance uniform but I have yet to wear it and take pictures because my Mytho couldn't wear hers to the convention.
VictoriaRosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2012, 07:19 AM   #1287
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Pleating.....has been my life all week except yesterday. Yesterday was my sleepy day apparently.

But whatever. This is actually taking a LOT longer than I thought. How does Tutu.com have seminars for beginners over only THREE days?!
I'm gonna work on my amulet today. And bodices. And homework, but that's not important. Yay, drawing and casting things!
Unread 04-13-2012, 09:33 PM   #1288
Hime no Toki
NiGHTmaren
Modoka Magica

They pleat all day long, that's why. I can't do that, though. I am far too easily distracted. But I'm sure if I was forced to in a classroom environment it wouldn't be too bad. I'm on the fifth row out of ten rows already for Rue's Aurora Act III tutu in less than a week, and maybe 6 hours tops pleating. Really loving the effects of double hand pleating. They hold better and are thicker than the pleats I did for Odile.

Upcoming costumes : Suzie Q from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Edea Lee (various versions) from Bravely Default, and more!

Unread 04-13-2012, 09:36 PM   #1289
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

How on earth do you work so fast?!
I literally spent all of Monday and Tuesday pleating and only got up to row 3....which I'm still working on because I've been busy........
Unread 07-09-2012, 12:14 PM   #1290
Hime no Toki
NiGHTmaren
Modoka Magica

Otakon is around the corner and I'm getting close to finishing up Rue's Aurora tutu! Wow, the last time I posted here was April! I should have been done by now but alas, I procrastinate.