Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 75 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 12-09-2008, 04:29 PM   #61
fightstar
Kage-Kanbu Master Ninja

Left arm it is!! I'll tell my friend to make it happen.
fightstar is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-10-2008, 02:21 PM   #62
Bwentali

okay, progress so far...pretty good by my standards.

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x...Ipinpro012.jpg

don't ask me how, but somehow I managed to find Mexican Coca-Cola in the glass bottles. I had some bottlecaps custom made, which I will give the company name upon IM. I have a capper on order along with special paper for the labels. By the end of it all I am hoping for about 24 Nuka-Colas with caps and 2 Quantums.

as for the pipboy, tons of gesso, craft foam for some of the details, card stock for the extended cover, and a quick spray of plastic primer just in case. some detail work is left before painting, want to wire up some leds under the buttons for light, and for the paint scheme I am thinking a silver coat, clear coat, then gunmetal grey coat with some scratching to expose the silver coat, then another clear coat.

any color hints would be helpful, since I am not the best in terms of color choices.

oh and @fightstar: I would love to see that unfold when your buddy finishes it. I just finished the CQB helmet (for fun) and it was time consuming but fun!

Last edited by Bwentali : 12-10-2008 at 02:24 PM.
Bwentali is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2008, 03:19 PM   #63
Xavietta
A.K.A St. Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwentali View Post
okay, progress so far...pretty good by my standards.

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x...Ipinpro012.jpg

don't ask me how, but somehow I managed to find Mexican Coca-Cola in the glass bottles. I had some bottlecaps custom made, which I will give the company name upon IM. I have a capper on order along with special paper for the labels. By the end of it all I am hoping for about 24 Nuka-Colas with caps and 2 Quantums.

as for the pipboy, tons of gesso, craft foam for some of the details, card stock for the extended cover, and a quick spray of plastic primer just in case. some detail work is left before painting, want to wire up some leds under the buttons for light, and for the paint scheme I am thinking a silver coat, clear coat, then gunmetal grey coat with some scratching to expose the silver coat, then another clear coat.

any color hints would be helpful, since I am not the best in terms of color choices.

oh and @fightstar: I would love to see that unfold when your buddy finishes it. I just finished the CQB helmet (for fun) and it was time consuming but fun!
everything looks awesome! I can't wait too see the pip-boy all painted. I love the bottle caps! Is the Quantum going to glow? As far as the paint for the pip-boy, to me it looks like it has the slightest bit of green in the dark silver, other than that I like your plan

Fightstar: yes, I coudln't sleep the other night so I just stayed up working on my armour xD I used glue to attach the spikes, but I also pushed thumbtacks through the back of each for a little added stability. Unless I purposely try to rip them off I think they'll be fine.
Xavietta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2008, 08:49 PM   #64
Bwentali

@xavietta: Um...yea about that...

I can make the quantums glow. However they would be undrinkable because of certain..."Chemicals" in them. In any case they would require 2 UV LEDs which are easy enough to come by. From there I have options: LEDs in the drink (the LEDs are the Radioactive Isotopes) or LEDs underneath the drink. both are possible I just have to deside on one.

Then I can also do tonic water with blue-type drink (grape soda?) or blue Highlighter. Then of course there is the glow-stick idea which can either be a glowstick-filled bottle or just water with milk with a glowstick in it

All are valid choices in its own right, I just have to figure out which one would be the best one.

I kinda see the green tones in there. I think I will use a matt gunmetal grey then wherever I scratch I will highlight with a darkish green color for the rust. that should do I think.

and for the board, some more questions for you.

I have begun sketching of the fatman nuke launcher. I think I know what materials to use, but I need a little feedback before I begin construction. I've narrowed it down to two options. PVC pipe for the main launcher (cut in half), wood for the handhold, trigger, and bottom rail, and secured using screws and epoxy. It wouldn't need too much in the way of finish work and it would be very sturdy in its construction.

Second build item list would be insulation foam for all rails, trigger, and U-shaped brackets, wooden dowel for handrail, and securing would be glues and a fiberglass shell. Much lighter, but much more involved in the building process, plus it would take alot of reading to get comfortable with fiberglass.

if you guys have a better idea for the construction of the gun plz lemme know...and no, I do not want someone else to make it for me. Making the gun is half the fun!

Oh yea, and does anyone have any 40s-50s music you could recommend?
Unread 12-12-2008, 01:02 PM   #65
fightstar
Kage-Kanbu Master Ninja

Thumbs up

Here is the official list of songs, with lyrics, of 'Fallout 3'.
Unread 12-12-2008, 10:41 PM   #66
Xavietta
A.K.A St. Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightstar View Post
Here is the official list of songs, with lyrics, of 'Fallout 3'.
*-* that's awesome. I sing those songs, they're so catchy
Unread 12-22-2008, 12:45 PM   #67
fightstar
Kage-Kanbu Master Ninja

Give this thread a BUMP and add a little paper craft link for the holidays. Drink up!!
Unread 12-23-2008, 12:17 AM   #68
Bwentali

^^^^^^

. . .

and here I made the drink and everything, then they make the papercraft...

yeesh, I cannot win today. Thanks for the link, its a nice lil gift to us fallout 3 peeps

oh yea, how is your unfold coming along? I am going to tell you right now I am already envious, mine is definatly rough around the edges. At this point I am hoping the screen will take away from the inperfections
Unread 12-23-2008, 05:38 PM   #69
XeoFLCL

Hey haha, haven't been on this website for years. But yeah, I plan to do something along the lines of fallout 3 for AX09 possibly, if I can get the cash and time together. I'd prolly end up doing someone like Butch, as he's my favorite character other than yourself in the game. It'd prolly be easy too as you can't see his vault 101 jumpsuit because of the leather jacket. Only problem I would have is possibly the pip boy. The most i can do is some metal work, and I don't have the equipment so that might proove to be more than a challenge. I'll prolly look on ebay though, for one of the limited edition pip boys.. hopefully score one cheap (unlikely)
XeoFLCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2008, 09:27 PM   #70
Xavietta
A.K.A St. Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightstar View Post
Give this thread a BUMP and add a little paper craft link for the holidays. Drink up!!

haha cool
Unread 12-28-2008, 06:13 PM   #71
Bwentali

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x...s/IMG_0721.jpg
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x...s/IMG_0723.jpg
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x...s/IMG_0722.jpg

*pant**pant**wheeze**pant*

I think...*pant*...I am done *wheeze**chough*

I have a couple of extras that need to be filled. like some paint spots and paint removal and LED wiring for the buttons. but overall the paint scheme and design I am very happy with.

Next on the list...Nuka-Cola Quantum
Unread 12-30-2008, 10:59 AM   #72
fightstar
Kage-Kanbu Master Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwentali View Post
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x...s/IMG_0721.jpg
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x...s/IMG_0723.jpg
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x...s/IMG_0722.jpg

*pant**pant**wheeze**pant*

I think...*pant*...I am done *wheeze**chough*

I have a couple of extras that need to be filled. like some paint spots and paint removal and LED wiring for the buttons. but overall the paint scheme and design I am very happy with.

Next on the list...Nuka-Cola Quantum
Looks like that Pep Boy 3000 has seen some battles around the wastelands. LOL Looks good. So are you making an Armored Vault Suit or just a regular Vault Suit?

Nuka-Cola?! UUuummmm I can taste the Rads from here.
Unread 12-30-2008, 11:45 AM   #73
Bwentali

@fightstar: I have been toying around with the armored suit, which from the looks of it is the 101 jumpsuit with a leather pauldron. When it comes time to make the suit I will have to make that decision.

I have actually made nuka-cola, have 23 bottled up and everything (caps, labels, coke and a little ginger beer) Quantum will probably be a UV led throwie (LED and a watch battery) label, cap and tonic water. now only if those LEDs would come in already I can post more pictures

After that, begin assembly of fat man and commission a shishkebab. then the last part will be the jumpsuit, and thats when I will make the selection.
Unread 12-30-2008, 01:38 PM   #74
Xavietta
A.K.A St. Kitten

Bwentali: awesome work on the pip-boy Do you have pix of the Nuka colas?? For the quantums, have you though of using glow sticks? Here's a site that has a few different styles:

http://www.megaglow.com/mini-glowsticks.html

they're non toxic and you wouldn't have to worry about batteries and lights
Unread 12-30-2008, 03:15 PM   #75
Bwentali

@xavietta: yea, the glow sticks were an idea. I kinda decided against it because I would have to make the drink completely opaque to diffuse the light and find a way to suspend the stick perfectly in the middle to prevent it looking like...well...a drink with a glow stick in it.

Then there is the thought of just filling the bottle with the goop and that would make it glow, but then you couldn't drink it. Although its non-toxic I don't think its intended to actually drink the goo, probably doesn't taste all that well either even if you could.

Ultimately I like my stuff to be semi-like the game, a music-blairing working screen pipboy, drinkable nukas, so it should come as no shock to want a drinkable quantum...plus I think it might freak a few people out and that should be funny.

as for the wiring leds thing its not all that bad. I was able to secure some sink gaskets that fit on the bottom of the bottles and have a nice hole to allow a LED in. They are interchangeable, run for about a day at full power off the watch battery, and with some luck will make the tonic water glow a nice eery blue. Of course if that doesn't work I have other solutions lined up.

pics of the nukas, I can do that. Once I get the quantums all ready to go then I will take a pic of the lot of em.