Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Unread 09-24-2002, 12:06 PM   #1
Celine
Remember me?

Grandia 2

Hi, I love the costumes from this game. I want to do Elena's epilogue outfit, but it's sooooo obscure. I've been talking to one of my friends about doing Elena & Millenia in their regular outfits, but I just can't get as excited about Elena's normal costume. Since Grandia 2 is so obscure anyway, does anyone really think it would matter which version I did?

Why hasn't anyone done Selene yet?? Or Melfice? Or Tio? There aren't enough Grandia 2 cosplayers. ^^ Nietsche, are you going to be wearing Ryudo again anywhere?
Celine is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-24-2002, 12:18 PM   #2
Nietsche
Have a SUPER good time!

I luuurve my Ryudo outfit!
I'd wear it again many times over!
Just say when!
I like his flashback outfit too!
And I'd like to see a Selene...and I was jokingly suggesting that i do Zera at one point LOL..that was funny!

Some small info on pandas- Eats, shoots and leaves!
(this is an excellent book btw)
The difference a little punctuation makes!
Nietsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2002, 12:47 PM   #3
Ayaka
Ralph the Wonder Llama

Waugh I really want to cosplay from Grandia 2. No idea who though . . . I wanted to do Millenia, but then saw someone whose costume was REALLY good so . . . lol. But that game rocks. And it's not *really* obscure, I'd recognize you in any of those, at least!
Unread 09-24-2002, 05:28 PM   #4
Nietsche
Have a SUPER good time!

I only know one Millenia cosplayer..and that's cos I persuaded her do it.....which Millenia cosplayer did ya see Ayaka?

Unread 09-24-2002, 05:54 PM   #5
Celine
Remember me?

Mwahaha, I don't think we'll ever see anyone doing Zera, or Mareg, for that matter. Ayaka, you should do Millenia! I would do Millenia, but I lack the mad sewing skillz required to make that outfit. Just because there's been one Millenia already (she's darn good, I agree), doesn't mean that we can't have more!!
Unread 09-24-2002, 06:00 PM   #6
The Metric Ruler
The Ruler.

My girlfriend liked Selene's design but when she actually played the PS2 version, she got frustrated with the crappy controls and stopped playing. Is the Dreamcast version any better?

Lindze was talking about making Millenia and my gf convinced me to do Ryudo some time. Are you guys making any plans for a group? Was the Millenia also at AWA? That's the only con I've seen one at but my memory isn't so great.
The Metric Ruler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2002, 06:22 PM   #7
Celine
Remember me?

Yeah, I heard that they did nasty things to the game when it was ported to PS2. I only played the DC version, and it was quite good. No control problems or anything. ^^

It'd be fun to have a group- you see Grandia cosplayers here and there, but never more than 2 or 3 at once... I was aiming to make the costume for Akon next year, and probably wear it to AX as well. ^_^
Unread 09-24-2002, 06:22 PM   #8
Nietsche
Have a SUPER good time!

I had no qualms with the controls of DC Grandia 2
A good experience overall..if not a bit too easy...

Unread 09-24-2002, 06:27 PM   #9
Nietsche
Have a SUPER good time!

mehehehe..Celine should do Selene...just because the names sound so alike! mwahahahaha!

Unread 09-24-2002, 06:42 PM   #10
Lilli
Alabaster Princess

Nyu? ^n.n^ I cosplayed Millenia at Otakon and AWA last year. I think I remember being told about a Millenia cosplayer in Japan, but I never got a chance to see pictures ._.;; Aah well.

Eeeee! If it's my costume you're talking about, then wai! *^^* Thankyou ^^;; When I think of that costume, all I can remember is the pain. Ohhh the pain ;_; (But that's in regards to something else. The costume wasn't that hard, but still, nothing I've made since has seemed difficult, LOL) Hehe, I liked it better from Otakon, I had much better wings. The ones I wore to AWA were sooo uncomfortable, and they were a little small ._.; Ah well.

It'd be awesome to see another Millenia cosplayer! If you decide to make it, feel free to ask me for help!! Uwaaahh... Looking back, there are sooo many things I'd do differently! Ah well. Maybe I can re-do it later, ne? ^^;

Wow. I totally went random. Sorry ^^;;

I'd love to see a Tio cosplayer!! Tiiooooo!!!
Unread 09-24-2002, 06:44 PM   #11
Nietsche
Have a SUPER good time!

2 people promised to do Tio! But neither has fulfilled that promise..and my Carro with it's cute light up tail needs a home...
Won't someone out there do Grandia 2 cosplay and adopt my charming plushy?

Unread 09-24-2002, 07:00 PM   #12
Celine
Remember me?

I LOVE YOUR CARROS PLUSHIES!!!!! I wanted to steal the one you had at AX this year.

I would cosplay Grandia 2 for the only reason of getting a Carro plushie. How much would you sell them for?? Oh, and you need to bring your costume somewhere where we can get a Millenia as well. There would be nothing cooler than Ryudo pimping both of the girls. XD Mwahaha, me and my love triangles. Hey, then I could get some angel wings too!

Lilli, your costume was awesome. I wish I could make a Millenia outfit that looked that cool!! Why don't you do Tio?

Oh yeah, now tell me that this outfit isn't the cutest thing ever: Elena's epilogue outfit. And anyone that has the boots for it, Millenia's epilogue outfit.
Unread 09-25-2002, 01:49 AM   #13
Ayaka
Ralph the Wonder Llama

If you're giving out Carro plushies . . . *runs off to start costume NOW* heheh XD Hey wait, that means I know you from another board and never noticed . . . weird. lol. And one of the Millenias I saw was the person you convinced, though I actually forgot about her (d'oh! gomen!). And I remember now seeing a Japanese cosplayer who did her (I was underwhelmed).

Seeing as I'm braindead, Lilli, have you got a pic? It may well be your costume I'm thinking of. ^^

Ooh I know where I could get boots like those, oddly, lol. Gyah . . . okay, Grandia II - someone has just gone up a number of positions in my "costumes to do" list . . . ^^
Unread 09-25-2002, 11:55 AM   #14
The Metric Ruler
The Ruler.

Yeah, if anything, both AX and A-kon sound like good cons to do Grandia. ^_^

Hey Celine, Twinkle wanted me to ask you if you ever plan on wearing your Skies of Arcadia costume again. I think she getting new ideas for costumes since she's borrowed SA from a friend. Tsk tsk... *grumbles something about never buying Twink another game console*
The Metric Ruler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2002, 07:44 PM   #15
Celine
Remember me?

Yeah, we're set to do Elena & Millenia for Akon, still. I double checked. Yaaaay! Because I'm odd, I will probably be forced to do both costumes (one because I love it, the other so I can cosplay with my super friend Integral).

Eyaaa... I plan to do more Arcadia cosplay in the future. I may wear Clara somewhere else since I spent a lot of time and money on it. Who's she looking to do? ^^

Wasn't Lilli the person Nietsche convinced to do Millenia??? Now you people have me all confused.