Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Unread 09-25-2002, 07:10 PM   #16
Nietsche
Have a SUPER good time!

Yup! Lilli's my Wings of Valmar! To my knowledge I have seen 2 Elenas and 2 Roans...I have met both Roans although only one in costume...

As for Carro plushies..I'd sell it for $50 now.....or you could do a Grandia 2 cosplay and I'll spaz and give you one straight off!...The price has gone up because I cannot find discount miniflashlights to put into the tails anymore....

Some small info on pandas- Eats, shoots and leaves!
(this is an excellent book btw)
The difference a little punctuation makes!
Nietsche is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-25-2002, 08:16 PM   #17
Ayaka
Ralph the Wonder Llama

I think I'm gonna do Selene, for the record. Tio is tempting, but . . . eh, not sure. I would really like to see someone do that costume! Somebody do Tio . . . *whine* I have a wig I could use for Selene already, so I think that's probably what I have to do (not that I'm complaining lol).

Gwah, wish I had $50 for a plushie . . . hmm . . . maybe I can sell something . . .
Unread 09-26-2002, 06:15 AM   #18
Lilli
Alabaster Princess

Muwaaaa... Hehe, gomen! I suppose I spaced, and forgot to check this thread. Of course! Here here, I dunno if they like direct posting of images, so to avoid any possible problems, I'll just give a happy little URL to it ^-^\/
http://www.kawaiiville.com/images/otakon.gif
Waaai wai ^-^ I've really got to get some better pictures taken. ( But isn't Nietsche such a cuuuuuuute Ryudo? Muahahahahahaa!!) And I still havn't really "finished" the costume... *sighs* I'm gonna go hide now... I'm to the point where I'd almost rather remake the costume, cause now all I see are the things wrong with it ^^;
Maybe when I have more time.
Unread 09-26-2002, 10:30 AM   #19
Ayaka
Ralph the Wonder Llama

Hey you ARE the one whose boot tops I was staring at forever trying to figure out how you did it lol. I think I may bug you at some point about the detailing on the end of the sleeves, just in case you have some tips on doing elements like that (have some in another costume).

And yeah, Nietsche is a cute Ryudo *pinches his cheek and runs away*
Unread 09-26-2002, 10:40 AM   #20
The Metric Ruler
The Ruler.

Good lord, your costumes rule!
The Metric Ruler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2002, 11:33 AM   #21
Nietsche
Have a SUPER good time!

Gahh...cute??
I dunno if Ryudo would stand for that!
And thanks for compliments Kentaro and Ayaka...Lilli and I are pleased with the results of those costumes...well I am at least but Lilli still wants to improve hers...
And I don't know how Ryudo sits in that thing..I ended up having to stand most of the time!..and then there's the thing about having to spend an hour wrapping my hands properly in bandages...

Last edited by Nietsche : 09-26-2002 at 11:36 AM.
Unread 09-26-2002, 05:07 PM   #22
Celine
Remember me?

Ayaka, wheeeeen might we see a Selene? Ehehehe... I looooove her design and her freaky evilness. I thought about doing her before I agreed to do Elena. She is a one-person Inquisition!!

Meh, I got a pic of Nietsche and Lilli last year at Otakon, but that was the con of Funky Spaz Camera, so it totally didn't turn out. Grrr. Too bad I hadn't played Grandia 2 back then, or I would have attacked you two! Those are awesome costumes, indeed. The Granasaber rocks, too.

Hey, has anyone ever seen an Elena & Millenia cosplayer at the same con together? It's just like the game- they can't exist at the same time! XD
Celine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2002, 05:20 PM   #23
Nietsche
Have a SUPER good time!

Ah..so everyone's voted Ayaka to do Selene! Mwahahaha!

Now to get the other various parts of Valmar...
The Tongue, the Eye, the Claw, the Horn, the Body, the Heart...

And it's true....Millenia and Elena...the two simply cannot exist at the same con...

Bah..I look so 'meh!' in that photo...

Unread 09-26-2002, 05:21 PM   #24
Oshi
Rugged. Like the moon.

Holy spit that Granasaber rules O_O
What did you make it out of?
Oshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2002, 08:32 PM   #25
Lilli
Alabaster Princess

Nietsche-kuuun, that's cause your pants wouldn't say up from the weight of the belt ^-~*glomp-tickles*

Hehe, thanke Ayaka! *^^* (The shoes are my favorite part ^___^) Making them wasn't too hard, actually! I used blueberry velveteen, and about 2 tubes of Goop adhesive, LOL! I just took a pair of shoes I owned that had a heel that was close to what I needed, then cut them up some, and basically rebuilt them to a boot shape with the velveteen. I was lucky the gold ribbon on her actual design fell where it did, it made it a lot easier on me, as those are the areas I used as seams in the fabric ._.; Eh, then I just made the danglies out of Sculptey, (normally I try to avoid it because it shatters, but I wasn't planning on dropping the boots from any height, LOL) and I painted the design onto the back of the heel.

As far as detailing on the ends of the wrist goes... Nietsche was very very patient with me, and sent me many many images of Millenia, and I studied those until I could map out the pattern. I guess they don't look too bad in the photo, but in actuality, that's one thing I really need to fix about the costume. Being an eternal procrastinator, (actually I'm just easily distracted, but shhhhhhh!!) those were done the night before at like 2 am, with some gold paint, and the hotel hairdryer. Well. The cuffs themselves don't look bad, I guess, but the sleeves of the costume need work, and that drags down the cuffs too for me; they're terribly loose about my wrists ._.

Another thing about the costume that I actually really like and wouldn't do over, (but that I fear is overlooked! Alas ._.) is the little heart piece that hangs in front, from her waist. I really had fun making it, except for the part of looking for red teardrop shaped beads. Then looking for -ANY COLOR- teardrop shaped beads. I eventually gave up, went into the camping and sporting goods department of my happy local WalMart, and bought some fishing weights, then painted those ^^;; Still, it turned out quite nicely, I think ^____^ Ask poor Nietsche, I was obsessing over that for the longest time ._.; I probably drove him insane, asking about it probably almost every day or so, until I finally decided what to do.

^n.n^ I ramble again. Nietsche's Ryudo costume rocks! And even though my first Roan's costume bio-degraded, I'm sure there'd be a willing roan floating about out there... We need to have a giant Grandia II gathering, or some such! Hehe, if we do, we -need- more Millenia cosplayers! *recruits Ayaka to her side!* ._.; We don't want to be overthrown by the Elena cosplayers... *shiver!* (j/k!!)
Unread 09-26-2002, 08:55 PM   #26
Ayaka
Ralph the Wonder Llama

Those boots just look really fab. ^^ And that's paint on the cuffs? From a distance, anyway, it looks real good, sewn on. But I can understand that, you know, sure many costumes look good in photos but the perfectionists among us want it to look great from close-up too. ^^ And teardrop beads are really hard to find. I rescued some from my great aunt's broken jewelry, since I imagine I'll need them at SOME point.

Wait, so I've been voted to do Selene? lol. When? Umm . . . err . . . oO; When/where did you guys want to do a group? Though, I did actually visit this big fabric store today I didn't know existed, and they DO carry good leather and vinyls, in addition to this really cheap purple satin . . . lol. I'm not sure whether I can manage leather, but it WOULD look really good . . .
Unread 09-26-2002, 09:28 PM   #27
Nietsche
Have a SUPER good time!

Hee....Lilli's ramble has urged me to do th same.....

I'd say that Millenia's is incredibly detailed and kudos to Lilli for putting every visible piece of detail into her jacket and shoes and hair etc etc...

Ryudo's outfit isn't quite so detailed but has many very ornate and difficult features...Earmuff/goggles, chest emblem, green battle 'skirt', boots...
Argh those boots were a nightmare....light blue leather vinyl was cut into the relavant boot shapes and covered a normal featureless boot that i bought. Then it was stapled in place and all the straps had to be hand cut and those metal square loops were hand made from cardboard boxes and duct tape. At one point I needed like 4 hands to keep everythign in place while i stuck the stuff on with gluegun and staples...
Earmuffs were a lot of experimenting...in the end it was more corrugated card and wire...covered with tape and the goggles were shaped from some flexible, thin seethru orange plastic...all the small studs were carpet studs blunted with pliers.
Basically I am glad it was all done nicely cos I don't think I would ever put myself thru any of that again. Sewing the battle dress was evil since I decided to make it as segments and sewed them together..it was liek sewing thru two layers of heavy pleather and two layers of suedette....

Finally the most annoying part of the costume was the larger studs around the dress and cuffs...that were gluegunned on...and kept falling off..so i lose a good few of them....

However..since I put so much effort into it..It's like my greatest achievement so I love it to bits..and wear it whenever possible.

Unread 09-26-2002, 09:53 PM   #28
Celine
Remember me?

Ryudo's butterfly!!! That is the cutest part of his costume!! EEEE! I love the butterfly. ^_^

Lilli- what is this Goop stuff and where can I get it??? ^^ I want to be able to securely attach boot cover things to shoes and duct tape and hot glue are just not cutting it... Also, was your Roan TenKen/Tereyachan from iplay or the other girl? I've spoken to both of them before, but I thought TenKen's costume was still intact, and maybe she'd wear it to AX or something.

Finding a horn of Valmar would rock. Plus, Melfice is just SO awesome looking. Maybe finding the eye would also be pretty easy- it's a cute little girl with green hair... hmm, maybe I can trick my sister into doing it. I dunno about the others!

Is everyone here going to AX?? Or Akon? Or something? Eep.
Celine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2002, 11:12 PM   #29
Ayaka
Ralph the Wonder Llama

Your boots look firkin' awesome, Nietsche. I was like, "now THERE'S a guy who can do boots". lol. With the both of you, I was mostly looking at pics staring at your shoes lol.

Melfice does rock. *looks around for volunteer* I'm gonna be at AX, for sure . . . Akon, hadn't planned to but maybe . . .
Unread 09-27-2002, 12:47 AM   #30
Lilli
Alabaster Princess

Goop!! Hehe, industrial strength adhesive, similar to E6000, but I just like it better for some reason ^^; You can buy it at WalMart!! But ehhh... It's awesome stuff, but you really gotta be careful:

-NOT TO let it sit on your skin for too long. I still have a scar from the chemical burn -.-; Eeh.

-Make sure there's really good ventilation. I worked with this stuff for 8 hours straight once, probably without enough ventilation, and I was totally... loopy. When I was driving home, I KNEW I was on the right road, and I'd been on it countless times before, but I swear I didn't recognize a thing... Eh. Then we went to IHOP and wheeee! *runs around making noises like an airplane*

-*ahem* MAKE SURE YOU HAVE PROPER VENTILATION! Heheeee... Oh yeah, and there's a warning on it, "Do not use if pregnant, or contemplating pregnancy" and so I dun think that's as likely to apply to one here, but still ^^;

That having been said, it's awesome stuff! It dries clear and flexible, yatta. It takes a little longer to set than hot glue, but it's definitely stronger, and more permanent. Then again, because it's so permanent, you won't want to use it if you ever want the shoes/boots you're covering to be the same again ^^;

Nietsche's whole costume is very very awesome ^___^ Awesome boots! (Was it Ophie who fell in love with them?) And his butterfly is so cute!! You've gotta see his green battle "skirt" up close, it's totally amazing. (I'm a wuss, I use a sewing machine, did you know he does all of his costumes by hand, with a needle and thread??)

LOL, Nietsche, I remember walking around at Otakon and finding those studs from your costume randomly on the floor. "Hey look! He was here!!"