Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > EGL

Unread 01-29-2015, 09:37 PM   #1
Eldi
Jelly Sausage

where to find lolita shoes offline?

I have very sensitive and oddly sized feet so I don't like to order shoes online, since I can't try them on to see if they are ccomfortablee . Are there are brick and mortar stores that would sell lolita style shoes? Specifically, right now I'm looking for plain black platform Mary Jane with a thick heel, but I will need other colors in the future also. Would costume or theatrical type stores have shoes like this? Or alternatively, I could try an online store if they have a good return ppolicyy. Where do you all find your shoes?
Spellthief Lux- League of Legends
Alice in Wonderland

Cosplays in Progress:
Mirai Kuriyama- Beyond the Boundary
Rose Quartz- Steven Universe
Cocoa- Is the Order a Rabbit?
Aikawa Shokora- Chocolat no Mahou
Eldi is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-31-2015, 08:22 AM   #2
EXEC_HYMME_MACARON
Michu

Mary Jane shoes with low heels/thick heels are actually fairly easy to find, as I've been able to find them at stores such as: Payless, Sears, Target, Ross etc.

Now issue is, 99.7% of what you'll find will be black, which is great since you said you're looking for black now.. but not so great for when you need other colors. Unless you can wear children's sizes, chances of finding light pink or pastel blue mary janes is next to nothing.

For that, I'd recommend making your own. You can get a pair of plain mary jane shoes, and then paint them with paints such as Angelus Leather paint (which works great for shoes and comes in a variety of colors) You can also get adornments like bows, flowers, etc at stores like Michaels to make your shoes cuter.
EXEC_HYMME_MACARON is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2015, 04:34 PM   #3
HayBails

You could always check out thrift stores. They seem to be a hit or mess but I found a dress I made into a classic lolita skirt and head bow
HayBails is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2015, 11:33 PM   #4
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Outside of your basic plain Mary Jane, not likely.

The style most commonly used in Lolita, this:
http://www.my-lolita-dress.com/black...ith-bows-an029
(I'm using this one becasue I happen to have them, but in red)
These are not gonna be something you can just find anywhere. MAYBE in Japan or China, or something..But not over here..Unless someone who happened to be a Lolita or a cosplayer and happened to have some, and gave them away to goodwill, but that's not likely..
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts II)
-Chandelure (Pokemon)
-Akaito (Vocaloid)
-Spirit (Soul Eater)
Jei-Cos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2015, 02:35 AM   #5
HayBails

You can honestly find a bunch of interesting stuff at your local thrift shops. Some days could be better then others. Like I know lots of lolitas wear the little oxford type heeled shoes and I purchased some at a thrift store for a little over $10. I turned them into shoes for a grell cosplay but the fact is it's possible to find cool shoes at thrift stores. One time I found character shoes in my size at a thrift store. They appear to be mary janes but they are theater shoes (not very relevant to lolita) and i did not buy them because i had no cash with me at the time but again it will take some creativity and such but thrift store lolita is a thing. You can always look around for styles or alter shoes the look similar to lolita but Most of the ones I find are heeled and being very tall already I try to avoid wearing heels when i can. Plus I'm all about comfort in shoes. Another thing is some people disagree but I love wearing saddle shoes with lolita. They are 50's style shoes and I purchased mine from payless but I got them online cause my payless didn't cary them. Anyways I've gotten complements on them. Shoes are also a place I feel like you can include some of your own style with your lolita. I love wearing dressy combat boots or stuff with my coord since I haven't gotten around to getting a body line pair of shoes.
HayBails is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2015, 12:32 AM   #6
christinesmith

Try at Long Island shopping. Long Island is one of the perfect destinations for variety of shoes, cloths and other things. I hope you will find some good shoes of your size there.
christinesmith is offline   Reply With Quote