Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > EGL

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-26-2014, 12:24 AM   #1
ArcaneSpringbrd

Large sizes for socks/shoes?

I'm making a porcelain doll costume and I've pretty much got everything planned out but I don't have a good source for stockings and shoes.

I'm crossplaying and my calves are unfortunately pretty large so I do need a large size of stocking, plus I wear a men's size 10 1/2 - 11 shoe, so probably need a women's size 12 or 13 mary jane style shoe.

Anyone have any suggestions?

2015 Cosplay
---------------------
Lolita Doll
Scarlett O'Hara prayer dress
ArcaneSpringbrd is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-13-2014, 10:00 PM   #2
Brachyura
Crabhammer

Shoes are a pickle. Shoes run small online. The more specialty/novelty they are, the smaller they're going to run. Unfortunately, I cannot help you in that regard. However, when it comes to socks, stockings and tights I CAN direct you to: Sock Dreams. Chances are they'll have anything you need up to and including sock garters and they're very, shall we say... "lifestyle friendly".

For those with little wings have not accepted for themselves the power to share with you.
Brachyura is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2014, 05:36 PM   #3
viridiean_vi

Demonia and Pleaser while they tend to fall more on the goth/punk/fetish side of thinks, do have some pretty decent mary jane style shoes that can probably work for Lolita with a bit of paint and ribbons. They also go up to about a women's 12 in most styles. Though I don't know how well their shoes will work for cosplay, I'd say take a look at their sizing charts and mens/womens shoe conversation charts and see if it'll work for you.
viridiean_vi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2014, 05:41 PM   #4
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

clobbaonline has 2 places that do custom sizing in large sizes for shoes. I've gotten a pair.
http://clobbaonline.com/index.php?p=1_5
This is the better one..The other one is mostly rocking horse style shoes..If you wanna talk to customer service, they are very friendly and helpful. That is also how you get the order form anyway.

As for socks, we love colors, and sockdreams are the only 2 I can think of that have plus size socks or stockings..
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts II)
-Chandelure (Pokemon)
-Spirit (Soul Eater)
Jei-Cos is online now   Reply With Quote