Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > EGL

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 57 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-21-2009, 06:01 AM   #151
plue_plue

I been researching at Lolita and love the style. However I want to know if the dress I brought was "Lolita" or just a tacky version (In my gallery). I also want to know if there are English Lolita clothing websites rather Japanese... I can't understand Japanese at all!
plue_plue is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-21-2009, 09:21 AM   #152
TheLadySummoner
LaLiLuLeLo?

Looks fine to me, but you don't actually show a picture of the front of your dress.

As for the links, you can find them all here: http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=96687

Some English stores are:
In the Starlight
Candy Violet
Sweet Rococo
and
Bodyline, Angelic Pretty, and Metamorphose all have English sites. And even though Baby the Stars Shine Bright's website is in Japanese, I've never thought it was hard to navigate.

Edit: Didn't realize that link list didn't have the western stores. Use this link instead: http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.ph...ight=link+list
~Operetta - Monster High

Planned Costumes:
~Princess Zelda - Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
~Madoka Kaname school uniform - Puella Magi Madoka Magica

Last edited by TheLadySummoner : 02-21-2009 at 09:31 AM.
TheLadySummoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2009, 11:55 AM   #153
Kirotighta
Lolita Apologist

Looks good to me, where did you get it?

Out of the list TheLadySummoner gave, my favorite is In The Starlight since they're priced nicely for their quality and they're also really customer friendly, so if you ever order from them you should have no trouble, I've had success with them. The only problem is that their clothes sell out so fast! I didn't look at it for three days once, and when I looked at it again they had but up three new dresses and a few skirts and they were all gone by the time I saw it!
Kirotighta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2009, 10:32 PM   #154
plue_plue

I got the dress in Shuibya in Melbourne (which i have heard/ read that it is a terrible store). I really like the dress except it had cheap lace... but i cant complain... consider it is the only store that i know that sells "Lolita" things in Melbourne
plue_plue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2009, 11:13 PM   #155
Kirotighta
Lolita Apologist

Oh, you're Australian? I wish there were any lolita stores in the U.S. at all!

You could always replace the lace with some nice stuff, if you're ambitious enough to take it all off carefully and replace it even more carefully.
Kirotighta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2009, 06:08 PM   #156
Rushifa

I have a slightly differnent quesiton, but I think it still goes here.

I made a Lolita dress for my friend last summer. It was the first time I'd made something Lolita, and I wasn't very aware of the fashion until I met her a few years ago and she shared her passion for it. Once I started research for myself, we realized that she and I fortunately have very similar tastes in dresses. We both really like the look of classic, and it seemed like a good place to start.

You can see the dress in my gallery here:
http://www.cosplay.com/costume/164343

It's only been worn a few times, and my question is, what can I do to make it better? I already have some ideas. I plan to take off the little bow in the front, and get better socks, and spend a bit more time on her hair. Any other suggestions?
Rushifa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2009, 06:54 PM   #157
celticfreefall

My suggestion would be to remove the lace on the dress and replace it with a more suitable and appropriate lace (high quality cotton, venice, or net lace). Also, I'd probably re-make the headdress since with as much lace is on it and the awkwardness of the design doesn't really make it salvageable without lots of work. A solid black bow to match the blouse would probably be a good replacement. I actually like the bow, but you might want to add two more above it so that it looks more balanced with the side lace in the front.
celticfreefall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2009, 12:27 AM   #158
Rushifa

Well, the headdress was what she specifically wanted...I based it roughly off of one she showed me in one of her Lolita Bibles. The ribbon coming down from it might be a bit much, though. We were thinking about a black bow, but since her hair is black we were worried about it not showing up enough. And she specifically wanted that round shape.

I think I must be missing something about lace. We picked it pretty specifically for the shape of it. But again, this is a very new fashion for me!

Thanks, I'll definately keep all that in mind as we refine it, and especially on planning our next project!
Unread 02-27-2009, 10:03 PM   #159
Keiosu
Plastic Voyager

The thing about the lace is the fact that it's synthetic. You need to use a higher quality lace, like cotton lace.

Nothin'
Keiosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2009, 12:57 AM   #160
Rushifa

Oh, I think I get what you mean...alright, I'll definately shell out for better lace next time!
Unread 03-04-2009, 01:47 AM   #161
refia

Forgive how scuffy they look, I need to clean them. -__-
I got these shoes for my grad dress a few months back and I've been wondering, can I use these for lolita?

http://i40.tinypic.com/o54x8k.jpg

And if I can, could I use it for non-gothic lolita? Like leaning off to the classic lolita side of things?

I'm an absolute newbie, so....
refia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2009, 02:02 AM   #162
celticfreefall

Those would probably work just fine.
celticfreefall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2009, 08:43 PM   #163
Elenoa
Funny Bunny

Found this site while browsing today. Would the items on the site (specifically this item) be considered Lolita? Thanks in advance for the replies.

ps: I already tried a forum search for the site, but didn't find anything, so I assume this site haven't been posted yet. Forgive me if it has though, and please kindly link me to the thread.
Elenoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2009, 09:09 PM   #164
o01101011
Just call me Digit

o____o Their lolita section is lovely.

Thanks for sharing the link, I love the school maiden dress.
o01101011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2009, 11:39 PM   #165
Meiki

There's been some discussion on the EGL LJ community: http://community.livejournal.com/egl/12967906.html I'm not the biggest fan of that dress, something about the neckline and the ruffles on the bottom make it look a little too costume-y.
Meiki is offline   Reply With Quote