Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > EGL

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 55 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-07-2009, 10:44 PM   #331
secretmirror180
From Planet Korin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh Pocky Ninja View Post
All right, this is purely so I know how to categorize the item, under "Lolita" or "Inspired."
The dress & headband can be found at http://www.cosaru.com/ and since they don't allow direct links to the particular outfit, click "Pre-Mades" on the sidebar on the left, and it's the "GL Limited Navy Sakura Yukata," should be the fourth item in the first row.

Would this count as a sort of kimono-loli? It doesn't have lace, but it has lots of bows and many ruffley bits and requires a double-layer petticoat. It's also modest in the chest area, and I would plan on wearing black stockings with it (Though, I can't quite decide on shoes. Mary Janes would look out of place with the Japanese feel of it, but geta sandals and stockings would just be silly.)

Also, I don't plan on wearing the earrings they offer with it, in case anyone is wondering. I was thinking of getting some in the shape of gold flowers rather than gold squares to better match the patten.
The style is called wa lolita, just so you know. And, while I'm not too crazy about how it looks without the sleeves, I think it's fine. The headdress is also a very outdated style. Something like a round headdress or even a small Alice bow would do better.

If you are going to wear stockings, I suggest wearing maryjanes. It really would look out of place if you wore geta with stockings. Might I suggest rocking horses for that wood feel without looking too out of place?

Zelda (30%), Shampoo Neko-hanten(90%), Akihabara maid outfit
Plus a kajillion outfits & wigs for friends & family...-_-

---
One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other. - Jane Austen
secretmirror180 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-07-2009, 11:05 PM   #332
Teh Pocky Ninja
Mythological Charlatan

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretmirror180 View Post
The style is called wa lolita, just so you know. And, while I'm not too crazy about how it looks without the sleeves, I think it's fine. The headdress is also a very outdated style. Something like a round headdress or even a small Alice bow would do better.

If you are going to wear stockings, I suggest wearing maryjanes. It really would look out of place if you wore geta with stockings. Might I suggest rocking horses for that wood feel without looking too out of place?
Oh, those style shoes would be PERFECT! ^_^ Thank you very much! *Is a noob, but learning*
Teh Pocky Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2009, 12:06 AM   #333
StrawberrySiren
Five Feet of POWAH!

oh i agree with secret mirror %100. rocking horse shoes all the way.

Tumblr|Twitter|DeviantArt
StrawberrySiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2009, 11:09 PM   #334
Usako Haneino
In Limbo

I've been doing a lot of reading and studying over the past few years, so I think I'm ready to give this a shot.

I did a few sketches last night, forgive my lack of skill but I think they get my point across. If you see anything you'd do differently let me know or feel free to draw over what I drew. Any suggestions are very welcome.

The first is just a very simple lolita idea with an under-bust vest/over skirt detail. I'm not sure of colors just yet.

The second is an attempt at casual lolita with a Bunny theme. I haven't seen much casual lolita so I'm not sure it's even close. The design on the shirt is a rabbit hugging a giant carrot. I'm still debating on colors maybe light blue or yellow even.

And the third is a sailor lolita losely based on sailor moon. So more cosplay I guess. Based on sailor moon school uniform. dark blue collar/cuffs/skitr/trim. white top/stripes and red bow

I look forward to getting advice on how to improve my designs.

Usako Haneino is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2009, 01:51 AM   #335
Harra Arial
Phoenix Wright Fanatic

Usako Haneino- Wow, I actually think these are pretty accurate, but there might be a few things. I'd seek the opinions of more experenced Lolitas on some of these.

Simple Lolita
This is actually a pretty well-done design, it fits all of the rules that I can think of and looks pretty aesthetically pleasing. The only thing I might suggest is the underbust, it could be pulled off, but it's often difficult to do without seeming costumey in my opinion. A waistband that ties into a bow in the back ((sort of what you had in a back-view version of the dress)) would probably work out a little better.

Casual Lolita
That is actually a super cute way of incorperating a theme without going a costume route~ The hair-clips are particularly innovative, prsonally.
For the cutsew, the only thing that might be changed is a square neckline instead of a circular one. I've seen it pulled off both ways, but a small square neckline is also a very cute touch for a cutsew.

I'm not so sure about the socks, that one you'll want the opinion of a more experienced Lolita. I've never seen it done before in my time of research, but I also don't see it outright breaking any of the 'rules'.

Cosplay Lolita
Wow, just.... You've done something which is pretty hard to do, mixing Cosplay with Lolita and doing it really well. The only things I might suggest would be placing the neckline just a little bit higher to ensure modesty, and maybe add a ruffle to the skirt and/or sleeve cuffs to add a more delicate touch.

All in all, I actually really love your designs, nice details and delicate touches without going overboard, and really cute ideas.

And now, to cast the spotlight to the more experienced Lolitas in this forum to give their wonderful ideas~

That, my dears, is why life is so exciting, because we are different from one-another.

~~~

Care to get in contact with me?
HarraArial@yahoo.com
Drop me an Instant Messenge, I'd be honoured to speak with you~
Harra Arial is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2009, 11:37 PM   #336
Misake-chan

Hi, ok im letting to know now, im a NOOB xD!
but anyway, i wanted to get started making a Gothic Lolita Dress and wanted to know if any of the things below are Lolita?

First, i got this top a while ago. It's 100% cotton.
http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/f...nt=loli003.jpg
Sorry it looks a bit wierd in this picture..

heres a closeup of the collar/ shoulder. It also shows the design that goes down the shirt

http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/f...nt=loli004.jpg

this pic also looks a bit wierd but it is a picture of the ribbon (made of cotton) that is on the sleeves
http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/f...nt=loli005.jpg

And here is a picture of the bottom of the top. Its pretty long, so i guess you could call it a dress. When im wearing it , it stops right above my knees. I was thinking of getting a petticoat
http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/f...nt=loli006.jpg

Next, i made this little hat a while ago and wanted to know if it would be alright to wear with the black dress
http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/f...nt=loli001.jpg

And finally are the shoes. I found them in my closet
http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/f...nt=loli007.jpg
http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/f...nt=loli008.jpg
http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/f...nt=loli009.jpg

thanks in advance! ^_^
Unread 08-13-2009, 12:26 AM   #337
StrawberrySiren
Five Feet of POWAH!

i really can't make an opinion on the shirt-dress (that's what they're called apparently) since i can't see it very well. my problem with it is that i'm not entirely sure that a petticoat can fit under that and give you the proper shape. and the shoes aren't what you'd normally see in a loli outfit. i think they might work if you dress them right.

Tumblr|Twitter|DeviantArt
StrawberrySiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2009, 03:42 PM   #338
Kirotighta
Lolita Apologist

The way that the shirt (especially paired with those shoes) looks seems like it would work better with Dandy (one of the boystyles of lolita) than with actual lolita.
Unread 08-13-2009, 10:39 PM   #339
Kurenekochic

I agree with Kirotighta, it does seem more dandy or kodona appropriate.
Unread 08-18-2009, 07:06 AM   #340
RoseStorm

Hello, I'm new to the world of lolita and I would like to know if two blouses I have would work for lolita if I made some alterations.
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k3...net/lit005.jpg
The ruffles on the front of the blouse and the sleeves are made of polyester, which I'm pretty sure would be a problem. The shiny buttons could easily be replaced.
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k3...net/lit006.jpg
Sorry about the blurring on this picture. The end of the sleeve has a roses pattern on it but is hard to see in the picture. The collar is sort of weird on this one, is there anything I could do for it?
Thanks for the help in advance.
RoseStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2009, 09:43 AM   #341
haru_sohma_lvr
Cosplay Since 1999

I have the bodyline knockoff of the AP Fruits Parlor dress in Black and pink.

Do you think I can wear black kneesocks with it since the black stripes are vertical? Or would it still look weird?
Unread 08-18-2009, 12:22 PM   #342
Kirotighta
Lolita Apologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by haru_sohma_lvr View Post
I have the bodyline knockoff of the AP Fruits Parlor dress in Black and pink.

Do you think I can wear black kneesocks with it since the black stripes are vertical? Or would it still look weird?
I'm confused, are you saying that your socks are also striped? Because if they are solid I don't see what the problem would be, especially if you wore them with pink shoes! ^.^

But if your socks are vertically striped, I think it would just be a little too much going on, your socks might be competing with the jsk rather than complimenting. Unless they were really thin, like pin stripes. Maaaaybe.
Unread 08-19-2009, 06:46 PM   #343
haru_sohma_lvr
Cosplay Since 1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirotighta View Post
I'm confused, are you saying that your socks are also striped? Because if they are solid I don't see what the problem would be, especially if you wore them with pink shoes! ^.^

But if your socks are vertically striped, I think it would just be a little too much going on, your socks might be competing with the jsk rather than complimenting. Unless they were really thin, like pin stripes. Maaaaybe.
They are solid.
And until the day I recieve pink shoes, I will be forced to; unfortunately, wear them with white shoes or black RHS or Character shoes.

Which do you think would look better? I'm leaning towards my character shoes because the white may be just a little too much and RHS look really heavy.
Unread 08-19-2009, 10:48 PM   #344
Kirotighta
Lolita Apologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by haru_sohma_lvr View Post
They are solid.
And until the day I recieve pink shoes, I will be forced to; unfortunately, wear them with white shoes or black RHS or Character shoes.

Which do you think would look better? I'm leaning towards my character shoes because the white may be just a little too much and RHS look really heavy.
I think the character shoes would be best, since I think you're right about the RHS, and I don't think white would go well unless you added some more white aspects.
Unread 09-03-2009, 04:46 PM   #345
momo6548
Lolita in Training

Quick question: Would this dress be ok for Lolita? I was thinking it could possibly be a country Lolita? I know that it needs a blouse and such, im working on getting them. My only worry is that its too short. Its about fingertip length so its quite a bit above the knee, but so is the Bodyline dress i bought online (probably cause im taller than the average Japanese girl *sweatdrip*). Thoughts? Opinions? Smart remarks?

EDIT: I forgot to ask, what could i do about my hair? Most Lolitas i've seen have had long hair and there are a few distinct styles. What could i do with my short hair that would work? (it might be long enough for little pigtails soon....)

Goron Tunic Link (Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time)
SF-A2 Miki (Vocaloid)
Super Sailor Mercury (Sailor Moon)

Last edited by momo6548 : 07-24-2012 at 12:14 PM.
momo6548 is offline   Reply With Quote