Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > EGL

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 89 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-23-2010, 10:18 PM   #751
Eleksin
Eleksin

Well, I only asked about the petticoat, not the dress itself. I mean, I thought it was kinda obvious that it was a cosplay what with the wings and all. I also didn't want to post a picture of me just wearing the petti because that's indecent >.<. It's the same one I use for lolita but this is the only current picture I have of it being used. Plus It actually shows the shape really accurately.

EDIT: But I guess looking back on it I should have made it clear that it was cosplay and not actual lolita. My bad

Last edited by Eleksin : 09-24-2010 at 09:54 AM.
Eleksin is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-23-2010, 10:47 PM   #752
LaurenW
~Nyuuuuuu~

instead of necroposting on another thread in here, i think i can post this here..
I do kodona lolita, and i usually wear black and white striped tights/stockings with my trousers..
well, the other day i found a pair that have little white skulls and crossbones down the outside of the stocking, just a line of them down the leg every 3 inches or so..
Are those passable as kodona, or is that getting a little too into a visual kei look?

also, i am 5'10, so i dont like wearing heels with excessive platforms.. are these acceptable mary janes? https://www.tukshoes.com/store/images/A6195L.jpg

See my Jrock digital paintings on dA! ^^

Last edited by LaurenW : 09-24-2010 at 01:44 AM.
LaurenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2010, 12:02 PM   #753
Meiki

Well first off, it's just "Kodona", no "lolita", just so you know. I think the stockings would look pretty cute, punk looks cross over with kodona quite a bit, so skulls work fine.

Those are cute mary janes! They're totally fine to wear.
Unread 09-24-2010, 02:50 PM   #754
evange

As long as the rest of the outfit is kodona lolita and it fits within a general kodona lolita theme, then go for it. One minor deviation in the pattern of your stockings is not going to suddenly negate the rest of your outfit.
evange is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2010, 02:28 AM   #755
celticfreefall

Quote:
Originally Posted by evange View Post
As long as the rest of the outfit is kodona lolita and it fits within a general kodona lolita theme, then go for it. One minor deviation in the pattern of your stockings is not going to suddenly negate the rest of your outfit.
There is no such thing as kodona lolita. Just kodona OR lolita. Just to reiterate.
celticfreefall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2010, 05:48 AM   #756
LaurenW
~Nyuuuuuu~

I know that there isnt such a thing as kodona lolita, but isnt kodona technically a form of "lolita" fashion? Like if you had to put it under a style subheading?

I was always under the impression that it was, but i could be mistaken.. it wouldnt be the first time

See my Jrock digital paintings on dA! ^^
LaurenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2010, 07:58 AM   #757
爱 Linh
Ai Chi

kodona is associated with lolita but it's technically a different style. =]
爱 Linh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2010, 12:12 PM   #758
lolita*neko

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenW View Post
I know that there isnt such a thing as kodona lolita, but isnt kodona technically a form of "lolita" fashion? Like if you had to put it under a style subheading?

I was always under the impression that it was, but i could be mistaken.. it wouldnt be the first time
Kodona is in its own category with boystyle (along with aristocrat and dandy). Its just a counterpart so to speak for lolita so it tends to get mentioned a lot in our circle but other than that they don't really have anything to do with each other.
lolita*neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2010, 07:04 PM   #759
haru_sohma_lvr
Cosplay Since 1999

Would this dress/outfit be considered Hime Loli, or Ero loli?

I'm saying Hime because It's got the whole lace gloves/tiara/royalty thing going on, but the fishnets throw me.

Is it then acceptable to wear fleshtone nylon fishnets in Himeloli?
Unread 10-28-2010, 08:13 PM   #760
Musouka_Ningyou

Not every lolita outfit can fit 100% into a style. If you like it, go for it.

I would say that is more hime than ero. Hime can incorporate bare legs/tasteful fishnets/lace tights/etc. in it, especially since there is a pretty big gyaru influence. It's okay for it to be a little sexier (but not too sexy! It's still loli, after all).

To me (well, I don't really like ero as an "official" style, to be quite honest, so I'm biased), ero has more skin exposure (shorter skirts/no skirts, blouseless corset-style tops, etc.) but also "sexy" elements such as garters, chocers, sheer or shiny materials (chiffon, PVC, leather), sometimes chains, platform heels, etc. Just one of those elements alone doesn't really make it ero, it just makes it a variation on whatever other style it was already. A couple of those elements but toned-down a bit can make it ero-influenced, but not totally ero. You can wear a blouseless JSK with classic, swet, or gothic with no problem, or wear a blouseless JSK with no socks and just some classy heels with classic, but it's not really ero unless it's a bit more overt about the sexiness. (I like ero for photoshoots and artwork and stuff, but as an everyday style, it looks a bit costumey to me... it doesn't help that it's really hard to pull off!)

That said, it also have a dark feeling to it, and not just because of the black lace. The styling, the pose, the corest-like bodice, the strange bustle, etc. all add a gothic element to it, as well. It's interesting because it's a light, sunny colour, it has hime elements, but it also gives off a dark vibe.

As I said, though, not everything fits sqaurely into a category. There is plenty of overlap, and you don't have to categorize everything perfectly all the time.
Musouka_Ningyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2010, 09:10 PM   #761
lolita*neko

I would say its gothic lolita, maybe even teetering towards ero with the styling. A tiara doesn't necessarily equal to hime-lolita if you ask me. I feel like this look needs more bling and more girly/feminine elements to be considered hime.

And fishnets with hime..? I'd have to see the whole look, but I'm the type that has nothing against fishnets in lolita as long as it's coherent with the coordinate. If they are skin tone and your just wearing them to cover your legs I don't see anything wrong with it. With that said, I'm with Musouka - don't get too caught up in categorizing outfits because in the end it almost doesn't even matter when it comes down to it.
lolita*neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2010, 01:11 PM   #762
Meiki

I wouldn't categorize it at all. Because it's an editorial in a magazine, styles are a little more muddled and strange. I think lighter colored fishnets, like nude or white would work fine with hime lolita.
Unread 11-04-2010, 03:52 AM   #763
Shota_kisses

I was curious as to whether this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=110596017848 could be considered Lolita? I'm always super paranoid when it comes to ebay >< Is the fabric too shiny or is there something else wrong with it?
Shota_kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2010, 10:53 AM   #764
o01101011
Just call me Digit

While being a very cute style, ebay really isn't trust worthy for lolita. The lace will be poor and the craftmenship rarely worth the price. As for the shine, I think it would be fine for punk if paired with the right accessories.

This is actually a good example of variants in quality..and shine under different lighting.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Japan-KERA-Gothi...em1c0cef4 809

Last edited by o01101011 : 11-04-2010 at 10:59 AM.
o01101011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2010, 01:47 PM   #765
Meiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shota_kisses View Post
I was curious as to whether this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=110596017848 could be considered Lolita? I'm always super paranoid when it comes to ebay >< Is the fabric too shiny or is there something else wrong with it?
...ish? It's definitely too shiny, but it's also kind of...messy, for lack of a better word. The design itself isn't bad per se, but little things are off. Like the fact that the top is built like a bustier, the waist lacing is really wide, and the bows on the skirt look kind of like they were just thrown on there. I wouldn't buy anything lolita other than shoes from e-bay anyway to be honest. The risk is too great.