Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > EGL

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 49 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-12-2010, 04:38 PM   #781
Eleksin
Eleksin

Quote:
Originally Posted by grotesk_faery View Post
I'm not really going for either one, necessarily. I just felt like this might fall under one of those categories. I really like these pieces and feel that they suit my body and style, but I don't really care what type of lolita they fall under. I was just wondering what you guys think would look best
Haru's point was that lolita and aristocrat are two different styles. Which one are you aiming for, the lolita shape with the poofy skirt, or the more streamline look of aristocrat.?

Last edited by Eleksin : 11-12-2010 at 11:43 PM.
Eleksin is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-13-2010, 07:51 PM   #782
grotesk_faery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleksin View Post
Haru's point was that lolita and aristocrat are two different styles. Which one are you aiming for, the lolita shape with the poofy skirt, or the more streamline look of aristocrat.?
Well, I'd still like a skirt with a petti, but probably more of an A-line shape instead of the bell shape. So, I guess classic?
grotesk_faery is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2010, 03:09 AM   #783
Eleksin
Eleksin

Quote:
Well, I'd still like a skirt with a petti, but probably more of an A-line shape instead of the bell shape. So, I guess classic?
That's better.
Unread 11-14-2010, 03:54 PM   #784
grotesk_faery

Now that we've answered the question of style... Can someone tell me which skirt I should get, which color blouse, what shoes, etc? Thanks so much!
grotesk_faery is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2010, 03:09 PM   #785
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Now that we've answered the question of style... Can someone tell me which skirt I should get, which color blouse, what shoes, etc? Thanks so much!
That's kind of whatever styles interest you most, here's a good list to check out and decide what interests you best: http://www.lolitafashion.org/styles_list.php my personal favorite style is the Classic Lolita since it's style is a bit more 'wearable' to me than say Deco loli with super pink/bright colours and uber frilly styles I just can't see myself in aside from considering it a 'costume'; No offense intended (I know Loli isn't a costume) some of it's just a bit too much for me on a regular basis and is something I'd only wear to a convention and thus mets my personal category for 'costume'.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2010, 10:54 AM   #786
KiraCosplayHai
Guardian Corps.

hey, i am kinnda looking at getting this dress, but just wondering if it is Sweet Lolita style or will lolitas frown upon this? e.g syle and lace and such.

thanks!! sorry the pics are all connected to each other ^^"
Paddra Nsu Yeul FFXIII-2

Time flows without pause. In a world where I no longer exist, the future, is about to change. Serah, the truth still survives, but only you, renember it.
Nothing is either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.
KiraCosplayHai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2010, 11:18 AM   #787
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

It's cute... But it's a lot of... A lot. Polka dots, bows, and music notes lace.
I think it would work as sweet as long as you coordinate it right. I highly recommend a plain blouse and simple sock/tights and shoes.
(I'm not a good judge of lace just from pictures, sorry.)
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2010, 12:10 PM   #788
KiraCosplayHai
Guardian Corps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsakoLuna View Post
It's cute... But it's a lot of... A lot. Polka dots, bows, and music notes lace.
I think it would work as sweet as long as you coordinate it right. I highly recommend a plain blouse and simple sock/tights and shoes.
(I'm not a good judge of lace just from pictures, sorry.)
thank you!!
yes it has alot of Everything LOL
and to coordinate it with a plain blouse would work
Paddra Nsu Yeul FFXIII-2

Time flows without pause. In a world where I no longer exist, the future, is about to change. Serah, the truth still survives, but only you, renember it.
Unread 11-28-2010, 01:23 PM   #789
Meiki

It's a little hard to tell from these pictures, but I might be concerned about the lace down the sides of the dress, the one under the flower lace. Overall though, I think the dress is too busy. Two different fabric print, a completely unrelated music note lace, and all those bright colors seems like a little much. It might work, but if you're new the fashion I would recommended something a little easier to coordinate.
Unread 11-28-2010, 07:27 PM   #790
Eleksin
Eleksin

Try something without a pattern as something to start out with. Solid colors can be just as pretty as patterned dresses. This one does seems a tad bit bright and neon to me and a bit busy. I'm also not a fan of the bust area of the dress, but that might just be me. I also share the same concerns as the others.
Unread 11-30-2010, 10:22 AM   #791
KiraCosplayHai
Guardian Corps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meiki View Post
It's a little hard to tell from these pictures, but I might be concerned about the lace down the sides of the dress, the one under the flower lace. Overall though, I think the dress is too busy. Two different fabric print, a completely unrelated music note lace, and all those bright colors seems like a little much. It might work, but if you're new the fashion I would recommended something a little easier to coordinate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleksin View Post
Try something without a pattern as something to start out with. Solid colors can be just as pretty as patterned dresses. This one does seems a tad bit bright and neon to me and a bit busy. I'm also not a fan of the bust area of the dress, but that might just be me. I also share the same concerns as the others.
thank you everyone! i think this dresss is a little too much ^^" as i am still new to the fashion, i keep checking out other stuff.
thanks!!
Paddra Nsu Yeul FFXIII-2

Unread 11-30-2010, 07:22 PM   #792
SabienStrange
likes italian sharks

after years of holding out, i finally gave into classic.
i've had these saved forever in my favorites forever,
and i'm wondering if i could shove them into an outfit.
SabienStrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2010, 08:02 PM   #793
Eleksin
Eleksin

Maybe not for classic but they might be able to work for sweet (if there are daisies in the pattern).
Unread 12-01-2010, 11:38 AM   #794
sucrose2071

I think babytssb made a dress that had daisies in it that those would go well with~ I can't remember for sure, though, might have been metamorphose~ those are really cute though!!

AM2:
White Witch (Chronicles of Narnia)
Portia (Hunger Games)

AX:
Sugata glittering crux version (Star Driver)
Fire emblem (Tiger and Bunny)
Ash (Adventure Time)

PMX: .... I don't know yet XD;
sucrose2071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2010, 02:37 PM   #795
Izczerra

I'd agree with Eleksin and say those shoes look more like they'd fit with sweet rather than classic. I don't think the flowers are elegant enough for classic.
Anna House recently released a dress/skirt that I think could work (items 015-1190/013-1187).
If you really only like classic style, you could also wear "toned-down" sweet style; remember, not all sweet has to be super-Angelic-Pretty-fluffy-crazy that seems to be so popular right now.
Izczerra is offline   Reply With Quote