Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > EGL

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 49 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-04-2011, 12:11 PM   #931
Karitsa
The Black Sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meiki View Post
I think the first one would probably be your best best shape-wise. It's more a-line, which would suit the dress better. That second one is super cute though haha.
Decisions, decisions...

I'll most likely go with the first one. I want to see sylf's photos first though!

Nerdy stuff for sale on my deviantART page!
CUSTOM MY LITTLE PONY TOYS ALSO AVAILABLE
Karitsa is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-04-2011, 10:18 PM   #932
sylf

The second one there is definitely more of a bell-shape. If you plan on wearing mostly A-line dresses, better to pick an A-line petti with poof only near the bottom.

Hmm, I only have two good photos of me in the dress and petti together.. all the other good photos I have are from before I bought the petticoat and was using a homemade one. They were taken at a convention photo booth though, so they're nice quality.

(ps - may edit to remove these after you see them. I don't like the idea of strangers randomly googling and coming across my photos).

Last edited by sylf : 04-06-2011 at 08:15 AM.
sylf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2011, 10:20 PM   #933
Eleksin
Eleksin

Before you do take them down I just have to say you are stunning! You're coord is so beautiful and I love what you did with your hair!
Eleksin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2011, 11:14 PM   #934
Tonksie

Eep! I ended up ordering from Fan + Friend tonight. I was ordering a couple of cosplay related items with some other people and decided to go for the lolita dresses I'd had my eye on. I picked up:
http://www.fanplus friend.com/servlet/the-440/Fantasy-Classical-Gothic-Lolita/Detail custom sized to knee length and
http://www.fanplus friend.com/servlet/the-2056/Sweet-Lolita-%22Unicorn-Carriage%22/Detail in the white.

Two totally different dresses, but both really appealed to me in different ways. Being a 27 year old, I hesitated on the unicorn bit at first, but I just really like the overall design of the dress. I thought to myself then, eh, you only live once, so if I want to wear a dress with a unicorn on it, who cares what anyone thinks?!

I also picked up a petticoat, because it bumped us up to free shipping (yay).

I hope everything turns out ok! I'm nervous, haha. I've never really ordered anything bigger than a wig from overseas before.

Anyone have any coord suggestions for either?
Tonksie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2011, 04:34 AM   #935
Kimiyo_Suzume

So, I'm making my first lolita for the next con and I just really wanted to check if this dress was okay. I have been researching for at least a year but of course, this being my first, I am a bit hesitant.

Dress:

Pattern at the Bottom (Top is dots with strawberries!):

Sorry for the crap quality!

The dress will be paired with: White blouse, White stockings, White & black mary janes with pearls, A red, white & black handbag and to finish it off a cute, feminine boating hat with a black band/bow and red accessories.

Boating Hat:
http://www.google.com.au/imgres?imgurl=http://img.trendencias.com/2010/06/20100617_trends3_strawhats_delarenta.jpg&imgrefurl =http://fashionistimus.zappingnews.net/2010/06/tendency-of-best-collections-resor
Kimiyo_Suzume is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2011, 11:24 PM   #936
Karitsa
The Black Sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylf View Post
The second one there is definitely more of a bell-shape. If you plan on wearing mostly A-line dresses, better to pick an A-line petti with poof only near the bottom...
Wow, that looks amazing!! I'll definitely go with the A-line petti then. I can't thank you enough! You've been a HUGE help.

That's a wonderful color too. Did you buy yours from kidsyoyo? I wanted mine in wine-red, but it isn't available. I'm still waiting for them to send me a list of color options. Did you ask for that color specifically?

Oh, and is yours custom-made? Sorry for all of the questions!

EDIT: Yikes. I'm going completely off-topic. Should we chat through PM?

Last edited by Karitsa : 04-05-2011 at 11:27 PM.
Unread 04-05-2011, 11:30 PM   #937
Meiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonksie View Post
Eep! I ended up ordering from Fan + Friend tonight...
Super cute choices! For the first one I think really simple things would look lovely, cream tights with maybe some texture or pattern to them and flowers in your hair would look really nice :3 For the second, I think a black blouse and black legwear with some white shoes would look really cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimiyo_Suzume View Post
So, I'm making my first lolita for the next con and I just really wanted to check if this dress was okay...
I think that dress is really cute! Your coordinate sounds lovely :3
Unread 04-06-2011, 08:14 AM   #938
sylf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleksin View Post
Before you do take them down I just have to say you are stunning! You're coord is so beautiful and I love what you did with your hair!
<3 Thanks! Yeah, it takes me forever to do my hair up every time I go out in lolita... ^^;;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karitsa View Post
Wow, that looks amazing!! I'll definitely go with the A-line petti then. I can't thank you enough! You've been a HUGE help.
You're welcome, I'm glad I could help. =) I know how hard it is to find lolita resources and places to shop when you're just getting into it. It seems to be a pretty popular design from MM, since another person's asked me about the same dress before too. Yeah, maybe I'll PM you for the rest of your questions so as not to clog the thread up with details of my specific order.
sylf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2011, 04:55 PM   #939
LoyanteKittay(3
Olliebello

Okay this is an "out there question" but are the crosses on Lolita dresses Christian crosses? If not do they have different meaning?
LoyanteKittay(3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2011, 05:38 PM   #940
Meiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoyanteKittay(3 View Post
Okay this is an "out there question" but are the crosses on Lolita dresses Christian crosses? If not do they have different meaning?
There's a super small percentage of Japanese people who are Christian, so I don't think they're meant to be mostly aesthetic. It mostly carries over from romantic goth. That being said, I think most westerners would make that association. It's kind of up to you, I guess.

Last edited by Meiki : 04-06-2011 at 05:41 PM.
Meiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2011, 05:49 PM   #941
LoyanteKittay(3
Olliebello

Quote:
There's a super small percentage of Japanese people who are Christian, so I don't think they're meant to be mostly aesthetic. It mostly carries over from romantic goth. That being said, I think most westerners would make that association. It's kind of up to you, I guess.

Thanks for clearing that up
LoyanteKittay(3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2011, 07:53 PM   #942
Karitsa
The Black Sheep

Could pearls be worn with classic lolita? I'm starting to look at my jewelry/accessory options.

Unread 04-08-2011, 08:21 PM   #943
Meiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karitsa View Post
Could pearls be worn with classic lolita? I'm starting to look at my jewelry/accessory options.
Absolutely!
Unread 04-08-2011, 08:43 PM   #944
Karitsa
The Black Sheep

Quote:
Absolutely!
Good news! That's one less thing I have to buy, haha! Thanks.

EDIT: Could larger bows be worn with classic lolita, or are they considered more sweet? I'm looking at this one in particular.

EDIT 2: Never mind! I just went for it. I'll see how it looks after it arrives, haha!

Last edited by Karitsa : 04-11-2011 at 03:22 PM.
Unread 04-17-2011, 06:43 AM   #945
Magical Machete
Wait... what?!

I have a question about hair... I have short hair... Is there a way for me to use my natural hair for any sort of lolita or should I go with a long wig?

Ignore my awkward pose. ^ ^; I was in the middle of stepping backwards as she took the pic. ^ ^; But this is the best pic I have of my hair...
http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/c...247031_n.jp g